“Skip it!”

Sky Bus Tokyo
Ranked #10 of 22 Tours in Chiyoda
Type: Bus Tours, Tours
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

The English - translation portion is horrible. The bus only hits each stop about every 75 minutes, sometimes it is full and you just have to wait for the next bus in another 75 minutes! I have been on hop on hop off tours in other countries and this is the worst I have ever seen. I recommend you buy a rail pass and pay for a few cabs. I learned more with a guide book than I picked up on the tour.

5  Thank TRAVELADIX

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is Tokyo's version of The Hop-on, Hop-off Bus you see in many cities. The price was reasonable (2500 Yen/$25) which allowed you to travel on three different routes around the city, all day. We enjoyed parts of the tour that drove to various parts of Tokyo, however, the (English) commentary wasn't really informative....It was very brief. As mentioned in another review, the Japanese guide talked non-stop the whole time, very loudly I might add. It was a bit unnerving after awhile as it was hard to enjoy the views when there is loud talking. It was also very difficult to hear the minimal English commentary on our earphones. Considering most of the tourists on the bus were not local/Japanese, I would have thought the commentary would have been in English, or in various languages or none at all. Another thing, when we stopped at one of the designated stops, the driver turned the engine off, which gave us the impression that we weren't going anywhere for a bit (at least 5 min). So we got off to stretch, just as he started the bus and took off, with no warning. Needless to say, we had to kill an hour and 15 min. for the next bus. Not a big deal as we made the most of the situation, but an announcement or something would have been nice. I will not recommend this tour at this time. The company needs to work out some issues for this to be recommended.

9  Thank Brown4m
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We had mixed feelings after taking all three routes including the Odaiba portion that we did twice and spending close to six hours on the different buses
The pros : 1) it is not very expensive ( $25) comparing to similar tours offered in other big cities in the world ( average $32) and less expensive than the HATO tours offered in Tokyo
2) we found the itinerary to be interesting and the 3 routes are different
3) the buses are comfortable and the drivers are very ''smooth''
4) the schedule is being adhered to !
The cons : the audio system is deficient and the guide is talking too loud in Japanese making it impossible to listen to the description in English
Overall we enjoyed our day but if the audio portion is a must , do not take this tour if you do not understand Japanese !

1  Thank belleretraite
Reviewed 20 May 2014

A complete waste of time. The English commentary was sparse while the Japanese guide never seemed to stop talking. Very loudly as well, which was a distraction on the few occasions English was spoken. I realised my mistake very quickly but was refused my money back. If you like driving through crowded streets, waiting at numerous red lights, then this is the tour for you. If you are hoping to learn something about Tokyo, then don't bother.

4  Thank Judith G
Reviewed 6 May 2014

The price for this tour routes was a little bit expensive.1day pass adult ¥2,500,child ¥ 1,200, 2day pass adult ¥3,500, child¥ 1,700. The staff are friendly but the routes are lacking. For example at Roppongi -Tokyo Tower course there's only 4 places to pass thru. At Asakusa -Tokyo skytree course they only have 5 routes and at the Odaiba course only 6 routes. They need to add more bus stops and routes, for the price of ¥2,500 for one day is too much.
For me you should bring your own headphones or earphones, coz sometimes the one that they provide is not working and though there is a translation of 3 languages English, Chinese, and Korean. The Japanese translation was given by a live commentary of the staff, and that distract you from hearing the translations of your own language. But if you have nothing to do and you want to try, its a must. But the company must improve more. That's why I just gave it an AVERAGE rating.

6  Thank 7177_elra