“Simple”
Review of Viainn Akihabara

Viainn Akihabara
Ranked #39 of 75 Hotels / Ryokan in Chiyoda
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

I stay here with my fiancé because he need to do some business. The room is fine it not so big. I like in that hotel was there breakfast because I love bread/pan they have lot variety of bread I ate many kinds of bread it's freshly baked that why I live it. The staff was kind to me. Even I don't speak fluent in nihongo...
If you want to go to akihabara it around the area the price of hotel is not to expensive...

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank annkim
There are newer reviews for Viainn Akihabara

Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stayed here only for 1 night. We unfortunately had to stay in a smoking room, so the smell of stale tobacco practically lingered throughout. We could not stay due to hotel being fully booked. The amenities are good, but as is the case with ANY Japanese hotels in Tokyo, the room is cramped.
Breakfast is unabashingly Japanese style, selection is small (onigiri rice, miso soup, salad, bread with jam and juice). If any foreigners not used to Japanese standard, the ratings might have gone a lot lower :).
Service wise, the staffs are polite and they can speak English. That's good I suppose. Another thing, this hotel is close to Akihabara electric town, so it's a convenient way to go back and forth in case you would like to take a break from all the actions

Room Tip: pick a room that can see the new Tokyo Sky Tree
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank b4ikinkun
Reviewed 11 August 2013

The location of this hotel is amazing, close (3 mins walk) to the JR Akihabara station and the metro and monorail lines.
What surprised us was how small the rooms were: we were first offered a double room we booked via email, but it was so small that we literally didn't fit, I guess the bed is 140 cm wide. There was nowhere to put the bags. We had read quite a bit before coming to Japan, but the size this small just plainly took us by surprise.
We then chose a twin room that was a bit (a tiny bit bigger), and there was a drawer under each bed to put our clothes in. The suitcases had to be closed and put vertically, as there was not much room for them.
The bathroom was comfortable, unusually big compared to the room itself.
Breakfast: a modest selection of fruit (we learned later that it is really expensive), some pastries, miso soup and some other types of Japanese food. Coffee, tea and orange juice. I missed yoghurts, but soon found out that an ordinary, non-super-sweet yoghurt is a rarity, so I gave up.
Internet only worked at reception (we were on the 21st floor).
What was strange was that we had to pay everything upon arrival, not upon check-out, as usually.
Communication was an unexpectedly tremendous problem, as nobody spoke English well, and we don't speak Japanese. Nevertheless, still good value for money.

Room Tip: A double room is tiny, we sacrificed sleeping in one bed for comfortable sleeping in two separate be...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed there for shopping at Akihabara Electric town. This hotel is located just across small bridge, quieter place, little difficult to find but easy access to the shopping after you find the place. The room is normal size for Japanese hotel, which is very small. I liked the bathroom very much even it was also Japanese size. There was big window and egg shape bathtub looking over Tokyo. They have Breakfast service for all guests and it was also nice. I will stay if I go again to Akihabara.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kudarie
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Good value - much cheaper than other similar Tokyo hotels. Short walk to JR Akihabara Station and Akihabara Electric Town. Clean, well appointed rooms. Was looking forward to a traditional Japanese breakfast (Rice, Miso Soup, Natto, Grilled Fish & Pickled vegetables etc) each morning -but disappointed to find only bread rolls, cabbage and carrot salad, potato, corn or onion soup and rice balls. The breakfast was sufficient, but became boring having the same semi-western menu each day after the 3rd day.
If you are in Tokyo for a few days and on a budget - I can certainly recommend this place. I would stay here again, next time I am in Tokyo

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GregBris
Reviewed 9 April 2013

was here on a business trip, 3 nights with a few colleagues so expensive hotel is out of the question. The hotel is very clean and tidy, with free breakfast which didn't have much variety. nearby convenient stores and close to the Akihabara JR station. Very quiet neighborhood. Free internet is also a plus. For a trip that is mostly outside, this is a very good choice. Nothing fancy but well equipped. Do bring your own adaptors because they don't lend out anything.

Room Tip: don't offer much space for luggage, better to empty them and let the front desk keep it for your...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank occasionshucchou
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I was booked into this hotel for a business trip, and it was adequate for that purpose, but I can't say I'd ever choose it again. Its main positives are that it's relatively inexpensive for central Tokyo and is a few-minute walk from Akihabara station. However, the rooms are tiny--and yes, tiny rooms are part of the Tokyo accommodation experience, but these were small to the point where a full-size suitcase poses a challenge, and if you're on the taller side you'll have to duck down in the shower. The furnishings are functional but cheerless, and you'll become well-acquainted with the hall because waiting for one of the two elevators servicing the entire building means you'll spend some quality time there. And proximity to the station means proximity to the train tracks: I felt like was in the Blues Brothers' flat until the trains stopped running for the night.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Denizen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chiyoda
Akihabara Washington Hotel
#30 of 75 in Chiyoda
the b tokyo ochanomizu
the b tokyo ochanomizu
#27 of 75 in Chiyoda

Been to Viainn Akihabara? Share your experiences!