“Love Andy!”

Cuisines: Japanese, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Reservations are a must as this is a very popular place and even the locals love eating here. I cannot believe that someone ealier has given a terrible review to this restaurant (izakaya). It is one of my favorites and their experience was far from ordinary. I would question whether a previous meal had actually contributed to their experience. Anyway, Andy's Shinhinomoto (New Japan) has fresh fish from tsukiji market served every day. It is delicous! Portion sizes are customized to the group visiting the restaurant. The veggies are fantastic and the scallops are the best I've tasted. The sashimi is rich and the king crab is succulent. I consider myself a regular and can't quit. Also a great place for larger groups. Don't forget to call ahead.

3  Thank BigGunNate

Reviewed 29 May 2013

Visited while on business, Monday night , was packed, loud, a great atmosphere, plenty of appetizers, sake, tall beer steins, and the largest crab legs one could wish for. Nothing negative to report, excellent food, service.

3  Thank Mike K
Reviewed 22 May 2013

We tried several times to locate Andy`s. They only accept telephone reservations but we emailed enquiring and were given directions and an early slot. The place was already busy at 5.30pm on a Friday evening. It is a really fantastic place. Long shared tables and ever attentive Andy to recommend your supper. Best tempura prawns we have tasted. Do go!

2  Thank MartinBDevon
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Our group of 6 had diner at Andy's during our trip in Tokyo and it was devine! We didn't order from the menu but let Andy serve us his best dishes. By far the best Japanese food I ever ate! And very good value for money. Including a night full of drinks and food we paid 5000 yen pp. I could not think of anything negative about this place.

4  Thank Ryanne B
Reviewed 1 May 2013

We had been recommended Andy's Shin and were very pleased we went. The atmosphere was amazing, it was packed, and it was great to have an English menu and people who could explain it. We love Japanese food but like lots of Brits are unfortunately rather sanitised in our food choices, and bream head or cod sperm don't necessarily appeal! We were rather cramped at our table but had a delicious meal with good wine and beer. My only gripe was the cigarette smoke, our neighbours were chain smoking and we are just not use to it any more. Would recommend though, and would definitely go back.

3  Thank janetatt