“Perfect greeting to Tokyo”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Palace Hotel Tokyo

Palace Hotel Tokyo
Ranked #1 of 74 Hotels / Ryokan in Chiyoda
Los Angeles
“Perfect greeting to Tokyo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Large (about 500 sq.ft.), modern, comfortable room with view of the Imperial Palace gardens; courteous, helpful service and staff; outstanding breakfast buffet; most convenient location (attached to concourse to subway station with 5 lines); convenient walking distance to Imperial Palace and main railway station; moderate (by Tokyo standards) price - what could be better? Perhaps the restaurants, which were quite good, at least by hotel standards, although we ate better in carefully chosen restaurants elsewhere. All in all highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lnmsdad

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

This was the second hotel we stayed in during our visit to Tokyo in May 2014. I checked out at 12 PM from the Peninsula, and requested palace via Email (at 11AM) that i will be checking in early (at 12.30PM). Whilst they replied that they will try to keep the room ready early (but said that it was already overfull), i had made up my mind to drop my luggage and come back at 3, but on arriving at the hotel, i was pleasantly surprised that the room was indeed ready for check in! 5 Stars to the reservations team to accept my request (and it was a complimentary early check-in)

The room was breathtaking with amazing views of the Imperial Palace Gardens! The bed was super comfortable and the room was super spacious! Only one grouse that the storage space for luggage was limited (but my bad as I was in Tokyo for 10 days with family, so was overloaded to the gills!).

The buffet breakfast at the GRAND KITCHEN was F.A.N.T.A.S.T.I.C, No words can describe the awesome spread laid out every single day!

One word for the in-room dining agents! My wife wanted to make Indian style porridge for my baby, and requested them to cook it our style (and proper instructions were given), they did it with a SMILE and made it to perfection! Further, at any point in the day, they were obliged to heat up baby milk for us as well. It saved us so much hassle!

Location wise, this hotel is situated in a fantastic location (walk able distance via underground Link with the Otemachi Station (almost all lines converge at the Otemachi) just a stones throw away from Tokyo Central Station.

I would definitely recommend one and all to stay in this fantastic hotel!

See you then!

Room Tip: Higher the better!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Bharat K
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

The hotel is located right in the heart of Tokyo just beside the imperial palace. There is a direct limousine bus from Narita airport to the hotel. It just a 10min taxi ride to the famous Tsjuki fish market. Another 10 minutes walk to Tokyo station. From Tokyo station to Akihabara it only 2 station away. Room is excellent and I got an excellent view.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jostudio
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Palace Hotel, Tokyo 10-12 June 2014

On Monday, June 4th 2014, Garuda GA-884 Boeing 777 landed on time in Narita Airport, Japan. I was in that plane. From Narita I directly went to Palace Hotel. My great experience in staying in this hotel on January 5-8th, 2014 is the main reason I came back to this hotel.

The checked in process was so efficient. I arrived at the hotel check in counter around 11.45 am. Once I pronounced my family name, the reception immediately said welcome back Mr. Kadiman. Your room is ready and she handed to me the access card to the room. Before leaving my Jakarta office, my private assistance said that I can only check in around 2pm.

The room was nice. It is located on 9th floor, it has a balcony with two chairs and a coffee table and from the balcony I enjoyed the beautiful view of neat gardens, ponds, pedestrians, birds and ducks of the Imperial (The Emperor) Palace. In fact, the name of the hotel I believe is determined by its location that is being a "neighbour" of The Palace.

The wi-fi signal in the room and coffee shop is strong. Personally, I was feeling like working in the office.

As well as a coffee shop and a western restaurant called The Grand Kitchen, in 6th floor there are Japanese and French Restaurants with many private rooms. Its very convenience venue for family and business dining. I invited my ex Indonesians students, Japanese apprentices and business partners to have lunch and dinner in the Grand Kitchens and Japanese Resto. The variety and quality of the food and beverages are excellent. The service is very effective and yet friendly.

I wanted to jog and enjoy the pedestrians around the Palace unfortunately Tokyo was mostly raining during my stay. So, I enjoyed the fitness center in the Evian SPA located in 5th floor. I forgot to bring with me my sport shoes but it did not stop me from doing some physical exercises, sport shoes are availalble for rent.

The concierges are very helpful. All information and helps I asked for were delivered satisfactorily.

The check out process was also very efficient. It was completed within minutes.

It is really a nice hotel: great scenery of the Palace, nice outdoor, neat and clean and a very effective and yet friendly services.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Kusmayanto K
tel aviv
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

It was our last hotel in japan's vacation
After some graet rooms with exelent service this one was one step further to all...the room was the best in any standart..clean ,large, cofortable,great view to the palace and the gardens..
Very comfortble location on the green line of the subway..and above all the lady concearge that made evry wish to reality..maya and mey.
No question Next time in tokyo im with you..

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank barbarelo
Walnut, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We admittedly was going to book the Peninsula first since its proximity to Ginza was second to none. But of course, it was full so we decided to stay at the Palace Hotel since they said they underwent a new renovation. Everything I would have to say was perfect. From the arrival, which I did not even touch my luggage or a door knob once, to my departure; everything was handled professionally and cordially.
Some highlights
1.) My mother forgot her scarf on the plane so we talked with the concierge and he said "no problem." The next day, it was neatly folded on top of my mother's bed when she got back to her room. Service like no other I would say.
2.) When we asked them to store the luggage, I accidentally forgot my hat in one of the luggages. Before I was able to tell them which luggage it was, BAM all 4 luggages was in front of me. My mouth was opened wide at all this attention to service.
3.) When you leave the hotel in a car/taxi, they have attendants standing all along the driveway, as you drive pass, each one bows (like you are someone important or something) though it may not seem much, it shows how much respect they show for you.
The room
The rooms have automated almost everything. From the blinds, to the curtains, to the blinds in the bathroom. The rooms have an excellent view of the imperial palace too since the other side of the hotel, facing away from the palace, is usually used as an office building so all the guests should have palace view rooms.
The hotel
The hotel itself is very grand, with high ceiling entrances and a breakfast buffet every morning and it should be included in the price. They "say" that the Otemachi station is located right beneath the hotel and they would be right but… the place where you actually get on the train is like a mile away, but they did dig a tunnel from the hotel all the way to the "real" station and called it the Otemachi station. I love Japanese sweets so good thing there was a 7 eleven downstairs in the basement, cause I stocked up on my sweets for months to come!! Too bad it closes at like 10:00pm though… not like the 24 hour 7 elevens.
Overall
This hotel is usually for business men, as I see them roaming around the lobby in great numbers. The service is what really astonished me here, and I would come back just for the service itself! The rooms are also great and no complaints about the room. But the service is what outshines everything, even the Lamborghini that's parked outside.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Kain P
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

What a great base for a visit to Tokyo ! Across the street from the Imperial Palace, and a 10 minute walk from the shopping and restaurants of Ginza. A 5 minute walk from the main railway station. Friendly and attentive staff. Great Chinese and Sushi restaurants in the hotel. And a pool. I don't know how you could make this hotel any better.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chiyoda
Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo
Park Hyatt Tokyo
Park Hyatt Tokyo
#1 of 81 in Shinjuku
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,726 reviews

Been to Palace Hotel Tokyo? Share your experiences!