“Great, but our room was REALLY Hot.”

Hotel Grand Arc Hanzomon
Ranked #14 of 78 Hotels / Ryokan in Chiyoda
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We booked at last minute, so we paid waaaaaaaaay too much. When we got there they tried to give us a different style room to the one we booked, so after much hassle they upgraded us to a bigger japanese style room (we had booked a double japanese style room, but they tried to give us a western one) which was great, but we had booked a non-smoking room and the room we had was a smoking room, which was unpleasant for us every time we walked into the room, although we got used to the smell.

We were here in later November, so going into the colder months, but our room overheated EVERY DAY. So much so that we just physically could not stay in the room during the day, we asked them about it and they said there was nothing wrong with the air-conditioning, but even when we put the gauge on 15c in the morning, the temp would rise to 30c by afternoon, and this was with the japanese style blinds and the curtains shut!! The sun obviously faced our room the entire day, we had a room where the imperial garden was to the left of our window (but still in view) - sorry for the unhelpful description, but we recommend not getting a room facing this way, ESPECIALLY in summer!

Also the breakfast was really bad for the price, would not recommend getting that included.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Very nice hotel, very well located, close to Hanzomon Station, various bus Stops, restaurants, markets, etc.
Beautiful view of the Imperial Palace park and the city, and beautiful skyline of the city. Great room. Internet included.

Room Tip: Dont forget to ask for a room with the view of the Imperial Palace Park.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rubens G
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

I don't have time to make reviews. After all I feel that all my vacations are working vactions trying to take care of my 4 kids. And we are very busy trying to get into many places around the city in all the places we go to. But I must give this hotel a very good one. This is the very first one that I am writing.
I am impressed the very first day. The hotel front desk staff Mr. Nakafuji was so efficient, he was ready as soon as I stepped I front of him. Our papers are there and our keys are ready, our rooms are ready and he speaks very good English.
I just filled up some papers quickly a d gave my card and immediately we are booked.
We went to check our rooms. I was expecting very tiny ones but our rooms are really big according to Japanese standards.
And so we cancelled the 3rd room. I expected a penalty of at least a day since that is in my contract with Booking.com- canvel 3 days before and yhe first day will be charged. I told Mr Nakafuji I will just pay for extra person in the room because we can definitely fit one more person in the suite. He was okay with it and I think that he did not charge me for any of both. I was correct because later
Booking.com emailed me to say that the hotel waived the penalty.

The next night we had dinner in their restaurant and I told the wait staff that I had a headache. Maybe they called him because after 5 minutes, Mr. Nakafuji was there to rescue me saying maybe it was the sake.

The view from expectedly the best because it was the Grand Arc Suite. But my boys room was not and they also have the same view.

The hotel amenities were overflowing. I liked that they gave us fresh night clothes to wear. Everything was clean and new. The toilet was scary because we are not used to using smart toilets that have lids that open and close by themselves whenever we enter and leave. After a while, I began to appreciate it especially because the toilet seat was heated!
The vendo and ice machines were located near our room, plus I appreciate the fact that the ref didnt have anything in it because we like to fill up our ref with various food and fruits we find whenever we go around.
Tomorrow we are moving to the Capitol Hotel. We booked 2 different hotels because one of the hotels can't take us in for 2 weeks (fully booked). I am definitely going to miss the view! Thanks, GAH!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Rossanahead
Reviewed 27 December 2013

This hotel is just a great place to stay in Tokyo. The position is central (close to the Imperial Palace) and close to a metro station, in a quiet and pleasant area. The rooms are quite big, with a comfortable bed and very good toilet and shower. Anyway, the best thing about the rooms is the astonishing view of the Tokyo's skyline and the Tokyo Tower. It's an extremely comfortable hotel, and the price is vey convenient! Just a perfect place to stay in Tokyo.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Caggiamilan
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I don't think I can say anything bad about the Grand Arc Hanzomon.
The service from the staff was incredible. Everyone was always very kind and professional. The hotel and our room were absolutely spotless and up-kept (God Bless the Japanese and they're cleanliness). The location was amazing. Right next to the Imperial Palace and Hazomon station. We ate at the little restaurants nearby as well as the 7/11 at times. The view from our hotel room was incredible with both the gardens and downtown Tokyo.

I would definitely go back to this hotel if I were to go to back Tokyo.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mike D
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We stayed here in a semi-double room for five nights and the Grand Arc Hanzomon met our expectaions. As written by many reviewers the hotel is off the major shopping and nightlife districts in the heart of Japan's administrative centre with streets getting really quiet at night. But it was this tranquility we somehow liked for a first time visit to Tokyo. That said, there are plenty of food options in the area. Access to all major transport hubs is easy due to its proximity to the Hanzomon metro station. For directions to the hotel, simply refer to the hotel's website. However, note that if you travel with a lot of luggage a taxi might be a good option; otherwise be prepared to carry all your belongings up some flight of stairs as the Hanzomon station doesn't have any elevators.

Unfortunately we weren't given a room with a good view (be it that all rooms facing the Imperial Garden were taken or we booked a semi-double). However, our room was clean, well-appointed and comfortable. Yes, it was small (with the bed 120cm) but no complaint since we were aware of it's size at the time of booking.

Breakfast in the Patio restaurant was good as well (starting from 740 Yen for a Western breakfast with free refill for coffee and tea). Overall, service was as good as expected, with all the staff being able to communicate in English.
The Grand Arc Hinzomon seems to cater more to business but tunred out to be a very good place to stay while in Tokyo.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Lasse23
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel seems very popular with businessmen and is also located in a discreet neighbourhood with 2 convenience stores nearby. Though it it is centrally located, the Hanzomon line does not have any stations of mai tourist attractions so you always have to change trains.

The service is not overly friendly, but rather discreet and professional which I liked. Room was smaller than 18m square as advertised, but certainly significantly bigger than all the other hotel rooms i stayed in Tokyo. We had a smoking room though we requested for non-smoking, but they cleaned it well so there was no smell. Our room also had a great view of the imperial palace garden and Tokyo Tower.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NeemandMonkey
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chiyoda
Hotel Monterey Hanzomon
Odaiba / Shiodome / Shinbashi
Park Hotel Tokyo
Park Hotel Tokyo
#7 of 117 in Minato

Been to Hotel Grand Arc Hanzomon? Share your experiences!