“Cant beat the location”

The Tokyo Station Hotel
Ranked #3 of 75 Hotels / Ryokan in Chiyoda
Reviewed 27 February 2014

So convenient. I like the renovation that was just completed. Yes the rooms are long and narrow but the ceilings are high. Nice mix of colonial and modern. We got connecting rooms, the weird thing was in one room you can leave the door open but in the other you can't.

Anyway we didn't have much interaction with the staff but the ones that did provided good service you would typically expect.

They have a valuable service of meeting you at the arrival of your train from narita, if you ask in advance. They will also bring you to your train upon check out. This is useful as the train system and station takes a while to understand.

Tips usually are not necessar and are refused. But I guess the younger ones living in the cities are changing. It's not usually done but I offered those that pulled by suitcase from the train to the room. I was surprised that they accepted but hey I did offer. But for those that brought me to the train refused, so I hope I did not insult them.

We only spent one night so we did not try any of the restaurants. No noise whatsoever from the trains, cars, busees or people around the station.

Room Tip: Ask for their helpful service from and to the train
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 February 2014

The Tokyo Station hotel feels like an institution. It's difficult to understand how such a stunningly beautiful hotel just happens to co-exist inside a crowded public subway but there it is and is equally right up there with the best hotels I have ever stayed at. If you want class with a quiet English understatedness you can do no better than the Tokyo Station.

Housed in an old historic redbrick building located right inside Tokyo station the rooms are large and beautifully decorated in a classic English manor style with its high ceilings, tall windows, and chandelier overhanging the bed, all carried over from a period gone by. Recently refurbished the rooms were spotless and odour free and the A/C quiet. The bathroom was almost as large as the room and equally as beautifully decorated.

All the staff at the hotel spoke good English and always eager to assist. Internet was free. Getting there from the airport you just take the Narita Express to Tokyo station.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank BritinBangkok
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I stayed for three days at the Tokyo Station Hotel and loved my stay. The hotel looks brand new, is super clean and feels very quiet and exclusive even though it is located right at Tokyo station. The location of the hotel is amazing and everything is very close. I was on a business trip and rarely needed to get on a train as most of my meetings were only a short walking distance away. I was spoilt for choice in terms of eating options as there are literally hundreds at various price points in the area.

I arrived early so could not check into my room before 1 PM. I instead used the spa (for a charge of US$20). The spa was a great experience with a carbonate pool and a artificial hot spring. I freshened up and could go off to my meeting.

I highly recommend the hotel!

Room Tip: I stayed at the Dome facing room which was good. Rooms are a bit small, but this is the heart of To...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Tokyo Station Hotel is a lovely hotel conveniently located. The high ceilings in the rooms give it a big spacious feel. The staff is accommodating, caring and aiming to please. The restaurants were all good in the hotel. Would recommend it without hesitation

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 February 2014

There are so many hotels in so many different locations in Tokyo it was hard to decide on one for our trip. In the end we decided to go with Tokyo Station Hotel after reading reviews about this place. Did we regret our decision, absolutely not! You may not usually pick a hotel located right next to a busy train station, but believe it or not you do not hear a thing when you are inside this hotel. This hotel has been beautifully decorated and the staff are very very polite and helpful. It is in a great location, easy access to the train lines, subways and Shinkansen.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Tokyo Station Hotel is one of the best hotel I've stayed so far.
It is without a doubt a destination in itself!!
It was one of the most memorable valentines getaway.
It's European décor matched with the rich history of the Tokyo Station will provide you with a unique memorable experience as if you're in Japan but not!
Spa Tokione is a must for spa lovers. (I've reserved a couples room package, where couples could receive treatments at the same time. We both chose different aromatic massage oils which surprisingly merged really well creating a new and unique scent, well balanced and strictly reserved for our special memories together there. Afterwards she had purchase the one she had chosen, I didn't buy mine, so at home it just feels different. Definately recommending buying both to recreate that moment!!!)
We had dinner at Sushi Aoyagi (a traditional Japanese) and enjoyed it very much as everything is superb and everything I've tasted (I've ordered the omakase) it is something that I could not ever imagine tasting! (we originally wanted to have dinner at Blanc Rouge....but we didn't know most reservations were made 3-4month prior and therefore unable to get any seat....SO!! lesson: to dine at the luxury restaurant of desire in Japan, make sure you reserve ASAP!!)
Morning brunch at the Atrium.....WOW!!!! All I can say is that it is WONDERFUL!!! Amazing beyond words!!!
No words nor pictures will be able to describe that breakfast experience!!!
Don't even think about considering another place for breakfast if you are staying there!!! Please! You'll be missing out!!

Afternoon tea/snack at Toraya (yes...still in the hotel~) is Amazing as well!!! I don't usually give out complements, but the limited time special pudding was just too amazing to describe! In fact, tears of happiness is the only thing stopping me from enjoying that amazing pudding!!

I could go on and on about how amazing this place is. Instead of reading about it more, I would recommend just go and experience it yourself!!!

Room Tip: Location of the hotel: Though Central to everything/everywhere (being on top of the biggest stati...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eric H
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I found their home page often shows as it they are fully booked, but do try calling or e-mailing – as apparently the webpage is not 100 pct. functional.

We stayed here the last night of our Tokyo trip. Very convenient for catching the Nartia express return to airport the following morning.

We arrived early and stored our luggage, when we returned to check-in luggage was already in the room, very convenient. There were small slippers for my daughter, and a child toothbrush – she noticed it straight away.

Very big spacious room, huge bathroom, everything was beautiful and well functional. Nice big closet with iron and iron board.

Do not get a room facing the station, as there was noise all night from the station (not at all loud) but you could hear it, sounded like an elevator arriving (ding dong) every minute all night long – so do get a room facing the street.

Will recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Tokyo, we were traveling with a lot of luggage and it was so nice and easy just going down 3 or 4 sets of escalators to be at the train.

Room Tip: Don't get a room facing the station, as there was noise all day/night from the station
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank love-2-travel_2820
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chiyoda
Shangri-La Hotel, Tokyo
Park Hotel Tokyo
Park Hotel Tokyo
#7 of 116 in Minato
Hotel Ryumeikan Tokyo

Been to The Tokyo Station Hotel? Share your experiences!