“Great Luxury Hotel”

Ranked #3 of 74 Hotels / Ryokan in Chiyoda
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Luxury Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Big luxurious rooms, great location, and incredible staff. Rooms are large with opulent bathrooms that include a rain shower. Perfect location inside Tokyo Central Station is easily accessible by bullet train from the airport, easy access to the rest of the city, and a great starting point to explore the rest of Japan. Staff was unbelievably friendly and accommodating. I can’t say enough good things about the service/staff. One of the finest hotels I’ve ever had the pleasure to stay at. Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Gijon, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Top class hotel, best of all is convenient location and its staff (exceptional even for japanese standarts which are already very good). Breakfast is superb. They gladly helped with takyubin services,arranged restaurant reservations and got us regional train tickets which helped a lot.

• Stayed August 2014
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

I spent 7 nights at Tokyo Station Hotel for work trip. This hotel was a historical building that was renovated in the center of Tokyo station. Location is second to none, at Marunouchi exit of Tokyo station making travel around so easy.
The room is spacious and beautiful! Beautifully designed, blend of modern Japanese and classic architecture.
Staffs are attentive and service is world class. I sent my clothes for laundry and they did a very good job with it!
I didn't try the restaurants in the hotel as there are so many good restaurants out there in Tokyo but they look good.
Highly recommended for anyone traveling on leisure or business.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Siera1408
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Five Start Hotel!!!
If they are not ranked as a five star hotel, they should be!

Location: Conveniently located adjacent to the Tokyo station, you never have to leave the Tokyo Station building. How good is that? You get off Shinkansen, a few mins later, you are in your room. The room itself is very quiet, I anticipated some noise from the train station but I almost forgot where I was as my room was so quiet.

Service: Check in staff was so friendly, they truly understand what good service is supposed to be. What I noticed in Japan while I was there for about a week, most people won't look at my eyes when they talk. Most people talks very politely but I could tell they are just following the procedure. The front desk clerks looked at my eyes and smiled as they welcomed me to the hotel. After the check in process, a nice lady offered to take my bag (which I refused as she as such a tiny lady and I thought I had more muscle to carry heavy stuff), and showed me to my room. As we walked, she explained to me about the hotel history and safety of the hotel. The way she explained to me shows she cares about hotel guests, and was proud to work for the hotel.

Room: Standard size, not too large and less counter space but it was enough to get what I needed to get done. They had three outlet plugs on the work desk, I was able to charge my electronics, and with a very stable free wifi, I was able to get a lot of work done. The bed they had in my room was very nice too. Mattress they had was what I felt comfortable. Not too hard, soft enough, I was able to sleep very well. I like the bathroom too. Although the counter space was on a smaller side but still had just enough space to put everything I needed in the bathroom. I enjoyed a nice bath and loved the fluffy bathrobe. Just what I needed after two weeks of business trip in Asia.

At the check out, since I was traveling by Narita Express, they offered to carry my suitcase to the train platform. ( I declined but it was such a nice gesture that they offered)

Unfortunately I didn't have time to enjoy any of their restaurant facility, I definitely would love to come back to try them.

When I started traveling to Tokyo for business frequently, the Tokyo Station was always under construction. When I came to Japan last year, I finally saw the construction finished and remodel for the hotel was completed. I told myself, the next chance I get, I am going to stay at this hotel. I am glad I was able to stay at this hotel finally.

If you are looking for a nice comfortable stay with excellent service, this is the hotel for you. Traveling could be tiring, there are here to make sure your stay is as comfortable as possible. I rested very well and got a lot of work done.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Hamham730
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Service:
Rainy at arrival and taxi stop at North exit of station. When my family was close to the hotel entrance, staff noticed and helped us outside the entrance. Service team was caring and while one staff helped us carry our luggage, another one was wipping our soaked belongings and others were helping us checked in. My family was just so hurry a few seconds ago and it's like magic. My family was leaded to our room and responsible staff took initiative to carry my wife's shopping trophies (paper and plastic bags) and explained to us our questions regarding locations, directions and reminded us free Wifi.
Food:
My son loves the omelette at breakfast and he had 2 omelettes per breakfast in our 2-night stay. There might not be a lot of choices as in some hotels in other countries we had stayed but the quality was no question.
Staff:
Very polite and very kindly declined tipping when I tried that to housekeeping staff when she's cleaning my room. Rare but precious quality behind magnificent training.
When we have checked out, luggage had already been in our big taxi and at a rainy day, staff with umbrella accompanied my family to the van.
My family and I are touched by the Japanese hospitality.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank Matthew Cheuk M... L
Muntinlupa, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Pros: Service was excellent (as in everybody: from the Concierge who helped us get advanced dinner reservations at Sukiyabashi Jiro Roppongi, Guest Relations, Reception, Housekeeping, etc). The hotel was very very clean at all times, always looked and smelled great. Despite the size of the bedroom, it had everything you would need and more. Loved that they would give you a fresh set of pajamas every day. Shower with tub on the side was great. Furnishings were very pretty. This would have been the perfect hotel if the rooms were bigger.
Location wise, thought it was perfect for getting around to Anywhere. Hotel has an entrance to the JR station (sorry I forgot if it was the North or South side), and just outside that would lead to the other trains (there is an elevator if you have huge luggage). Very convenient to go to and from the airport especially since they also had a free Meet and Greet service, and Send off service (when we checked out, I asked Guest Relations what would be the best way to get to Narita Express, and he said he will have someone bring us there and even help with our luggage, which was very convenient).:) Ginza is relatively near, either you walk there, but we preferred taking the train. Lastly, it was great that Kitchen Street and Ramen Street were very near as this hotel was also at Tokyo Station.:) Lastly, forgot to mention that it is quite convenient that there are 3 possible entrances to the hotel.

Cons: Just the room size, but everything else made up for it. We stayed at a Dome King (which had a view of the Dome of the station which was interesting, though you cannot really keep the curtains wide open, hehe) for 2 nights and at a Queen room for 3 nights. Rooms were around the same size, the Dome King just had a bigger bed and different view (Queen room had a street view, could see Kitte across the street). Some people might complain about how far some of the rooms are from the elevators, but really, what do you expect from the architecture of the building, it's not a high rise structure.

Room Tip: Best to ask the hotel directly. The Dome King room and the Queen room we were assigned to were a bit...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Mirzky
Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

My husband and I recently stayed for one night here, at the back end of a long drive-around trip in other areas. What a lovely way to end the trip! Apart from the very convenient location and modern (and tasteful) decor (which, to us, still retains a quintessentially understated Japanese touch), what really touched us was the staff. Not only were they obviously extremely well-trained and professional, everyone we met was really warm and friendly! Allow me to give a couple of illustrations:

- While still planning for the trip, we were looking to make a reservation at a popular restaurant for our final night in Tokyo. We therefore took a chance and wrote to the hotel to see if they may be able to help us make the reservation. Even though we would only be staying in the absolute cheapest room(!), the staff that communicated with us (Ms Marie Antoinette Mori, who, we found out later, happened to be the Chief Concierge!) was so friendly, professional and efficient. We have never come across any other member of hotel staff that even came close.

- Shortly after checking in, a very friendly lady showed us to our room. Having heard our questions earlier at the reception desk regarding the location of various restaurants, she took the time to explain to us (in very good English) the lay of the land and the best way to walk through the labyrinth that is Tokyo Station to where we wanted to go. She really could just have shown us to the room, said a polite good-bye and walked away, yet she chose to stay and made an effort to help us.

What can we say! A hotel with staff like this just can't go wrong!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank siubak523
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chiyoda
Palace Hotel Tokyo
Shangri-La Hotel, Tokyo
Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo
Four Seasons Hotel Tokyo at Marunouchi
Hotel Metropolitan Tokyo Marunouchi

Been to The Tokyo Station Hotel? Share your experiences!