“Authentic and vegan, don't miss it”

T's TanTan Tokyostation
Ranked #2 of 7,330 Restaurants in Chiyoda
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi
Description: Vegan Ramen
Reviewed 15 March 2014

If you're a vegetarian in Tokyo, you might have some trouble, and if you're vegan it's going to be a little challenging. I highly recommend this place as oasis in a land of fish and meat. Order anything, I'm sure it will be delicious. It was tasty enough that I had to go back during my short stay. It's also a great deal. The dishes are mostly varieties of ramen, but they also have curries with rice.

Go into the Tokyo station via the Yaesu South Entrance/Exit. You can get through the JR turnstile without paying if you have a rail pass, just show it to the guard. T's is tucked away on the "Keiyo Street" shopping area, across from a bookstore. It's not a big place but it's worth the wait if there's a line. We didn't have to wait long, even at noon. If you can't find it, ask at an information booth; they know exactly what I was talking about, and I don't speak a lick of Japanese.

1  Thank primerstar6

Reviewed 3 March 2014

It's 100% vegan, it's not expensive, it's filling, it's busy, and it's super tasty. Any vegan in Tokyo who has had their fair share of Kaiten sushi and convenience-store onigiri should go.
Go to Tokyo Eki (yes it's massive, it's ok you'll be just fine). Find the YAESU SOUTH entrance/exit. The restaurant is inside so you need to go pass the turnstiles (you need a ticket or a Suica or simply buy a platform ticket for 130 yens).
Once in, you will find signs that say KEIKO Street ( yes, inside the station). There's an information desk nearby where you can ask your way. Otherwise, just go at the end of the 'keiko street' inside the station and it is the very very last restaurant on the right side, before the keiko street turns into a simple corridor connecting metro lines.
I was afraid of going there alone (eating alone?booh?), at a non-meal time (4ish), and having to explain i am vegan. Well let me tell you: most people in there were alone, it was nearly packed, it was bright and new and clean, and it says on the flipping walls that everything made there contains no dairy, no fish, no meat, no egg. Go and stuff yourself and be happy again.

2  Thank tripfang
Reviewed 6 January 2014

At long last, vegetarians are able to enjoy a completely meat and fish free ramen experience in Tokyo. I have been there 4 times, each with a non-vegetarian friend, and they all really enjoyed it. Only one, my husband, and the only male to accompany me there said that although it was incredibly yummy, it isn't quite the same as a meat version. The dishes are all very tasty, full of flavour and warming on a cool day or evening. I don't think it's worth getting the set. I have tried better vegan fried chicken before, so if you do decide on a set,I would recommend the curry. If you're there of an evening, I also recommend a glass of red wine, which is organic, and I have since begun to buy by the case online. There can be a line up and, so try and avoid peak eating times such as 12-1:30 on weekdays in particular, and I think it's difficult to seat a large group, so more suitable for individuals or small groups.

2  Thank Skyb0w
Reviewed 23 December 2013

If you're a vegetarian, this place is a must for a visit to Tokyo. First of all because it is a very good vegetarian restaurant and they are tricky to find (but certainly not as rare as it seems at first). But mostly because one can taste authentic Japanese food here without any meat or animal products. "Ramen" is usually meat or fish based, but at T's TanTan everything on the menu is meat and dairy free. The ramen is actually so good that many none vegetarian Japanese eat here just because of the great taste. There are many dishes with rice and fake meat which were also delicious.

This place is actually so successful that there's often a waiting line outside. I didn't understand at first, walked in and was kindly ushered to the end of the line. Sorry, my mistake! Once inside I was given an English menu without asking. When the waiter saw I was somewhat clumsy with the chopsticks he gave me a fork.

Considering the quality of the food prices are very reasonable, I'd even go so far as to say this place is cheap. I got a big bowl of ramen, a rice and fake meat bowl and a drink for 1,350 yen.

Some hints and tips on how to get there:

- it is inside the paid part of Tokyo station. If you arrive by train or subway do not checkout. Otherwise just buy a train ticket; they're very cheap and considering the price and quality of the food it is a minor obstacle.

- the restaurant is in "Keiyo Street", which is clearly marked inside the station (follow Keiyo line, shinkansen or Yasesu exit)

1  Thank i0kan
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Best place for Vegetarians inside Tokyo subway station. I enjoyed delicious food with my Friends on 22nd November,2013. This place would be on my must see list next time I visit Japan

1  Thank Krishnakishor