1,252 results
All reviews japanese garden beautiful garden large hotel koi carp top floor floor restaurant main building triple room stayed here for four nights revolving restaurant mount fuji metro station akasaka mitsuke lots of restaurants bit dated breakfast buffet western food
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This hotel is simply put..huge!!Multiple entrances to 2 wings.The older wing is the Main and the slightly newer wing is the Garden Tower.I arrived at the Garden Tower and the entrance was more like a department store entrance.A maze of shops selling practically everything from designer clothes to a high end supermarket.Lobby is situated on the 6th floor and considering the size of the hotel is very small.There are so many restaurants and corridors its just to confusing and guests really need directions from staffs.
Checkin was quick and typically Japanese style.Very businesslike.
My room was on the 24th floor but the room number started with 44....which can be confusing guests might think they are on the 44th floor.Rooms start from the 11th floor to the 39th floor.
Room was very very old fashioned and really needs a renovation.They still use a room key which I have not seen in many many hotels.Size was average with plenty of space.I had a lovely view of their private garden and swimming pool.Bathroom was on the small size with very limited amenities unlike other Japanese hotels.
The bed was very odd.It felt so springy whenever I laid down on it or just turned.It felt like I was sleeping on a trampoline.The bedsheet just barely covered the end of the mattress and so it was a bit uncomfortable for my feet because it came out as it was not tucked in.
Besides all these...internet was free.The aircon worked well.And it was clean.
Location wise its situated across from Akasaka..so theres an alley way full of restaurants and convenience stores but that's about it.The subway station is just before the crossing.
The hotel grounds are truly magnificent.they have a very traditional restaurant called Nadaman that's serves kaiseki...traditional Japanese food served course by course.They even have a traditional outhouse in their garden which caters to special VIPs and dignitaries.The swimming pool is very big.
Be warned though..the restaurants in the hotel are all very very expensive as this hotel is considered one of the high end hotels in Tokyo along with The Imperial Hotel.
Personally this hotel is not to my liking as it is just too old for me.And the location is not to convenient for shopping.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Out of mistake, we booked into this hotel, but would rather not go back there. There are many nicer hotels in Tokyo. Although the front of the hotel looks fairly smart, the building at the back is very outdated, with old carpets throughout and rooms in need of updating. The new and old parts are linked by a long, impersonal and rather off-putting corridor devoid of charm or cosiness. The whole atmosphere is that of a railway station. We stayed there for 8 nights to attend a congress in Tokyo, then for another night after a business trip on our way back to London. The air conditioning in our room was not working properly, so we had to call reception for them to send up an engineer to fix it temporarily so we could sleep for 1 night. There are also long queues for breakfast at certain times of the day. Overall, a very disappointing experience.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank toine9
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

The New Otani is special. The garden is really worth taking a contemplative stroll: if not that, at least have breakfast in the beautiful restaurant that overlooks the garden (it will reduce your blood pressure... Unless you're paying!)
My favorite aspect is the little wedding chapel: it draws guests in traditional kimonos, which makes people-watching much more fun.
The service is attentive and unerring. The rooms often have spectacular views. I've stayed in several hotels in Tokyo: this is my favorite.

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I stayed for one night with friends.

The staff's service was nice.
They flexibly respond and to our request pleasantly.

The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel prepared connected room for us, 4 person.
They covered the little bump between the rooms with a white luxury mat.
I was impressed by all staff's professional and attentiveness.

The guest can choose break first style from several choice.
We chose the one our porter recommended and it was nice with many kind of dishes.

If I say one thing, access from public traffic.
We took taxi. It is a bit far from the station near around. (In the season of cherry blossom, we will walk from Yotsuya station.)

If any chance to have a special stay again, I will visit this hotel again.
I will recommend the hotel to oversea friends!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 March 2014

nice stay at a highrise and the room is perfect and the massage was perect its the best excellent

• Stayed: August 2013