1,242 results
All reviewsjapanese gardenbeautiful gardenlarge hotelkoi carptop floorfloor restaurantmain buildingtriple roomstayed here for four nightsrevolving restaurantmount fujimetro stationakasaka mitsukelots of restaurantsbit datedbreakfast buffetwestern food
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We stayed here for four nights as part of a tour of Japan. Our room was well equipped, had a view of the beautiful garden and it was hard to believe we were in the middle of a bustling city.
Breakfast was served overlooking the garden and was of a high quality as was the service. This hotel has a range of shops and restaurants and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ash3347
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I really loved this hotel.
The view is perfect, the staff super helpful and the breakfast buffet delicious.
The hotel is near the Akasaka-Mitsuke station, a 3 minute walk to get there.
If you're hungry but don't want to spend a lot of money I recommend the restaurants near the hotel.
I also recommend the 40th floor when having breakfast so you can have a beautiful view of Tokyo.
Oh and when making a reservation for a room, ask for the garden view. It's beautiful.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Huuuuuge hotel. This hotel is a very old hotel. It's been around since the early 1900s.

Nice and with good service for the price that we paid. I noticed quite a number of complains in the reviews about the hotel being expensive but I beg to differ. The hotel is quite reasonable for the quality (And its cheaper than the hotels we paid for in Hakone!) It's also quite accessible, next to Akasaka-Mitsuke train station and 5 mins walk from Yotsuya station (one of the major train stations which gives you access to multiple lines).

We stayed on the 37th floor which afforded us an excellent view of Tokyo.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed for 3 nights in the New Otani. This is a very big hotel, avoid it if you have walking difficulties. The room was well appointed and very clean. Towels changed every day. There are a lot of restaurants in the hotel, but all very expensive. It is much cheaper to go to the Akasaka area, where there is a good variety of cafes and eating places. We had continental breakfasts in the Garden room. Very good and there are lovely views of the Japanese Gardens. A nice way to start the day.
This hotel is in the business district and not really near many tourist attractions. The Akasaka tube line is just out of the 'back' door and you can get anywhere in the city easily. A day pass costs roughly 4GBP.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This hotel is simply put..huge!!Multiple entrances to 2 wings.The older wing is the Main and the slightly newer wing is the Garden Tower.I arrived at the Garden Tower and the entrance was more like a department store entrance.A maze of shops selling practically everything from designer clothes to a high end supermarket.Lobby is situated on the 6th floor and considering the size of the hotel is very small.There are so many restaurants and corridors its just to confusing and guests really need directions from staffs.
Checkin was quick and typically Japanese style.Very businesslike.
My room was on the 24th floor but the room number started with 44....which can be confusing guests might think they are on the 44th floor.Rooms start from the 11th floor to the 39th floor.
Room was very very old fashioned and really needs a renovation.They still use a room key which I have not seen in many many hotels.Size was average with plenty of space.I had a lovely view of their private garden and swimming pool.Bathroom was on the small size with very limited amenities unlike other Japanese hotels.
The bed was very odd.It felt so springy whenever I laid down on it or just turned.It felt like I was sleeping on a trampoline.The bedsheet just barely covered the end of the mattress and so it was a bit uncomfortable for my feet because it came out as it was not tucked in.
Besides all these...internet was free.The aircon worked well.And it was clean.
Location wise its situated across from Akasaka..so theres an alley way full of restaurants and convenience stores but that's about it.The subway station is just before the crossing.
The hotel grounds are truly magnificent.they have a very traditional restaurant called Nadaman that's serves kaiseki...traditional Japanese food served course by course.They even have a traditional outhouse in their garden which caters to special VIPs and dignitaries.The swimming pool is very big.
Be warned though..the restaurants in the hotel are all very very expensive as this hotel is considered one of the high end hotels in Tokyo along with The Imperial Hotel.
Personally this hotel is not to my liking as it is just too old for me.And the location is not to convenient for shopping.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business