What a wonderful hotel! The rooms are beautifully designed, big and spacious, and the beds are the most comfortable in Japan. In fact so far they have the most comfortable beds with the most luxurious sheets of any hotel I've ever stayed in anywhere in the world. The concierge is brilliant and the bar on the top floor is fantastic. They have some secret beer in red and blue bottles which I tried to find some information on, but came up empty handed every time. They said in the bar that the beer is made just for them, somewhere out in the countryside, and they wouldn't even let me keep the bottle!
I think the other reviews on here about the fantastic room features and the beautiful bathroom say it all, I don't need to repeat it.
In Tokyo you do not need to stay anywhere else. My only criticism is the lobby is a little sterile and inappropriate in that you have to haul your luggage through the middle of everyone having heir afternoon tea. But really there is no where better to stay, top 5 star place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Peninsula Tokyo offers 314 spacious guestrooms, including 47 suites, five restaurants, a modern lounge bar, two ballrooms, six elegantly designed function rooms, a wedding chapel, a Japanese ceremony room, a fitness centre, The Peninsula Spa, a fleet of Rolls-Royces, Mini-Coopers, and BMWs, and two jewellery shops. Guestrooms are among the largest and most technologically advanced in Tokyo and offer stunning views of the city, the Imperial Palace Gardens and Hibiya Park. Interior designer Yukio Hashimoto, an alumnus of renowned Japanese interior design firm Super Potato, intertwines rich earth tone colours, woods, lacquer, marble and stone with design and functionality to create a luxurious living environment described as "international in design, but Japanese by inspiration." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Rakuten, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Peninsula Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peninsula Tokyo Hotel Chiyoda
- Peninsula Hotel Tokyo
- Peninsula Hotel Chiyoda
- Peninsula Tokyo
- Chiyoda Peninsula
- The Peninsula Tokyo Japan