“Good location, decent price”

Ginza Capital Hotel Main
Ranked #68 of 92 Hotels / Ryokan in Chuo
Sao Paulo
“Good location, decent price”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Good location: walking distance to the Tsukiji Fish Market, very close to two subway stations and a 1000 yen, ten-minute taxi ride from Tokyo main railway station in case you don’t want to drag your luggage through the subway system.

The rooms were quite small (it’s Tokyo after all) but well furnished with TV, fridge, desk, wired internet (wifi router available for free). Clean, all in working order and courteous staff with low but not zero knowledge of English.

For me in a tourism trip it was a good value. I had the breakfast once but it was expensive and not worthwhile, there are better alternatives nearby.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank MauroSAS

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

First I am not going to say that this is a bad hotel. This location was great in location for a lot of things I wanted to do, like the Tsukiji Fish Market, Ginza Shopping District. One I will say is the rooms reminded me of a cruise ship. Going into the bathroom you had to step up to get into it. The room itself needs improvements. Maybe I was traveling alone the room was so small. They also need to include some English speaking channels on the tv. There was pay movie where you paid 1000¥ to watch English speaking movies. If I were to go back to Tokyo I just might try the Ginza Capital Annex around the corner.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank russ6212
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Not a convenient location for a JR pass holder, as you need to change trains stations to get on a JR train.

The room is not well maintained by Japanese standard, furniture looks like second hand. The worst of all, I saw a mouse in the hotel lounge and informed the manager.

There is much room for improvement - won't stay at this hotel again if I don't have to.

Room Tip: ask for a room not next to a vending machine
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Chuo hotels

Kota Bharu, Malaysia
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I was attending a conference in Tokyo International Forum and this hotel is located very near to this place, which is 2 stations away (from Shintomicho station near the hotel to Yurakucho station) along the Yurakucho line. The Shintomicho station is just within 2 - 3 minutes walk from Ginza Capital Hotel - as you walk out of the entrance of the hotel, turn left and walk straight ahead until you see Sunkus convenience store on your right. Turn right and the the subway train station of Shintomicho is just there. From that station too, you can get to the next station (Ginza Itchome station) the luxurious Ginza street where the various departmental buildings of expensive brands like Louis Vuitton, Seiko, etc are located.

Unfortunately, when I arrived late at night via Haneda Airport, I had a tough time locating this hotel. The staff at the airport international counter gave me a wrong information and asked me to stop at the Higashi-Ginza station. This station is located at the gray line (Hibiya line) and is not the nearest station (the next station, the Tsukiji station is). I had to ask the police officers who were patrolling for directions and unfortunately the police too gave me the wrong direction! I kept walking and walking along the dark quiet streets in the middle of the night and after almost 30 minutes, I gave up and took a taxi. I should have asked for a taxi right when I arrived at a nearby station and get on to the taxi right away (it costs about 710 Yen anyway). If possible do not take a taxi directly from the airport as it would cost a lot more!

Another difficulty I encountered was when I returned back from Tokyo International Forum. As I walked out of the train station, I did not realize I was at the other end of the station and had to cross over the bridge. It took me a long time to find this place, and I finally stopped by at a police beat.

Regarding the hotel per se, the room was really quite small but extremely clean. Toilet facilities are modern and good. Lots of vending machines are located at Level 2. There are many food outlets and so there is no need to worry about good. The Tsukiji fish market is just about 15 minutes' walk away, and I got to enjoy some nice Japanese sushi there.

Wi-fi is only available at the lobby. There are mini routers available for free rental. Unfortunately at the level where I was staying (level 9), the mini-router is virtually useless as I could not get any signal at all. I was awakened during the final night of my 4-night stay by a mini earthquake tremor. It lasted for about 10 seconds at around 2.30 am.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Ok it is not the most luxurious hotel I've been to but let's face it : location is very convenient in Ginza ( 2 stops to Tokyo station to hop on the Narita express and the subway station is right under the building), the area is quiet, there are 2 convenience stores at 50m. The rooms are really ok , not fancy but clean and not that small in comparison with other hotels in Tokyo. Staff is nice and helpful .
I stayed there one night before flying back to Europe and my opinion is that we got all that we needed for a very decent price.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Londra_11
Loveland, Colorado
Reviewed 20 August 2013

This is a basic Japanese hotel located in a good part of Tokyo, very near the fish market and loads of the best sushi restaurants you'll ever dine in.

The hotel was nothing too special, a little tired, but totally worth the price as far as prices go in Japan.

The staff was friendly and efficient, the rooms clean, and access to and from the hotel was very easy as it is located near multiple train and subway lines. If I am lucky enough to visit Ginza district again, I'd stay at this hotel again, no problem.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed 20 April 2013

The hotel is in need of a make over, even as little as a fresh coat of paint and new carpets. It somehow feels dingy, ok for 1 night stay but not more. Otherwise, as expected, small rooms, cleanleaness OK and service also OK.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo