“As fresh as it can get!”
Review of Yamazaki

Yamazaki
Ranked #4 of 9,443 Restaurants in Chuo
Cuisines: Sushi
Neighbourhood: Ginza, Tokyo Nihonbashi
Neighbourhood: Ginza, Tokyo Nihonbashi
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Visiting Tsukiji Market, sushi was a must. No way could I get my husband to stand in 2-3 hour long queue for the more popular outlets. Hence, I settled on Yamazaki after reading reviews on TA and did not regret. The wait was 45 minutes and the aunty in the restaurant was kind enough to ply us waiting people with hot green tea on the rainy morning. I cannot compare with other sushi outlets in the area, but this was definitely the freshest sushi I have had in Japan as well as Singapore. It was fun watching the chef prepare sushi in front of us. Sea urchin & sweet prawn were my favourite ones, whereas my husband loved the salmon roe & clam.

Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

Very nice sushi?same quality with other sushi restrauant neiberhoud and without a lot of people waiting. Suggested.

Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

This is located between two very popular sushi restaurants with long queues in the heart of the Tsukiji fish market. However I would agree with the other reviews that I can't see how you could improve on the quality of this quieter sushi bar. The freshest fish and friendly staff, I couldn't have asked for anything more. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Food: Sushi v fresh as per other reviews. However not really worth the premium compared to other non-Tsukiji locations in Tokyo. Take the omakase set. The chirashi set is not really worth it as it does not give you o-toro. 8/10

Location: NOTE THAT TRIPADVISOR GPS MAP LOCATION IS WRONG (address is correct). It is on same row as SushiDai in Tsukiji market.

3  Thank Footloose_Ed
Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

Forget about the sushi you have always eaten , this is the best sushi you will ever eat . Despite the long queue , its definitely worth it . The fresh toro will blow you away . One of the highlights is the scallop . Its really good and I have no hesitation spending 15000 yen for 4 pax here . Going to come back again tomorrow for more of the toro. ! .