“You won't regret it!”

Cuisines: Sushi
Neighbourhood: Ginza, Tokyo Nihonbashi
Neighbourhood: Ginza, Tokyo Nihonbashi
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Before me and my wife visited Tsukiji Fish Market, from readings reviews and using my travel guide, we decided that we should visit one of the other famous sushi establishments next door. But when I asked one of the tourists at the front of the queue for that restaurant how long she had been waiting, and she replied 3 hours (!!) we decided to try somewhere else as we had other things we wanted to do that day. I am so happy we ate at Yamazaki. Really fantastic experience. Charismatic, friendly chef making sushi in front of us, and tea continually topped up i.e. wonderfully friendly service. Couldn't have wished for more. And only a 30 minute wait. Other tourists who dined with us also seemed to love it. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Visiting Tsukiji Market, sushi was a must. No way could I get my husband to stand in 2-3 hour long queue for the more popular outlets. Hence, I settled on Yamazaki after reading reviews on TA and did not regret. The wait was 45 minutes and the aunty in the restaurant was kind enough to ply us waiting people with hot green tea on the rainy morning. I cannot compare with other sushi outlets in the area, but this was definitely the freshest sushi I have had in Japan as well as Singapore. It was fun watching the chef prepare sushi in front of us. Sea urchin & sweet prawn were my favourite ones, whereas my husband loved the salmon roe & clam.

Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

Very nice sushi?same quality with other sushi restrauant neiberhoud and without a lot of people waiting. Suggested.

Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

This is located between two very popular sushi restaurants with long queues in the heart of the Tsukiji fish market. However I would agree with the other reviews that I can't see how you could improve on the quality of this quieter sushi bar. The freshest fish and friendly staff, I couldn't have asked for anything more. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Food: Sushi v fresh as per other reviews. However not really worth the premium compared to other non-Tsukiji locations in Tokyo. Take the omakase set. The chirashi set is not really worth it as it does not give you o-toro. 8/10

Location: NOTE THAT TRIPADVISOR GPS MAP LOCATION IS WRONG (address is correct). It is on same row as SushiDai in Tsukiji market.

3  Thank Footloose_Ed