“Edokko Tour of Tokyo”

Private Tour: Edokko Guided Tours of Tokyo
More attraction details
Owner description: First time to Tokyo? Let us show you around. We create personalized tours for individuals, couples and small groups. What we are best at: cultural experiences such as Washi (Japanese paper making), tea ceremony and Aizome (traditional Japanese indigo-dyeing).
Virginia Beach
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Edokko Tour of Tokyo”
Reviewed 4 November 2012

We arranged this tour before our trip to Tokyo. Ayako customized the tour to what we wanted to do for the day. Having a local guide made a huge difference. She not only explained everything to us, but was able to translate when we could not understand or read something. She is great at what she does and would definitely recommend her to anyone who would like to tour Tokyo. We went to a local Japanese restaurant for lunch, and would not have found this place without her, nor would we have been able to order, as everything was in Japanese. Wonderful experience and way better than a group tour. Highly recommend!!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank DnBEno

Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed 11 August 2012

We're so glad we made the choice to have a personalised tour with Ayako. Having a local to guide you around really makes such a difference, and makes for a much more intimate, immersive experience. Highlights included having Ayako translate for us at the Tsukiji Fish Market so that we were able to ask the father-son team who ran one of the tuna stalls about their business, how long they had been in the market (more than 50 years!), etc. We also went to Happo-En for to participate in a traditional tea ceremony, and to walk around the majestic grounds which used to belong to a wealthy samurai. The tour ended with a jaunt around Asakusa. Our only regret is having such a good time learning and experiencing everything that we forgot to take a photo with Ayako!

Visited August 2012
7 Thank terminalcase42
Wichita, Kansas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“A Perfect Day in Tokyo”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Ayako asked about our interests and carefully tailored the day based on our answers. I was travelling with my two young teens and we had an unforgettable tour that included papermaking at a wonderful paper museum, lunch at a popular ramen restaurant, and travelling to various parts of the city we never would have navigated on our own. We really appreciated the opportunity to get her insight on the many questions we had about Tokyo (like, what are all these things on the table at the ramen restaurant?!). Highly recommend, can't wait to return.

Visited June 2012
4 Thank Mermaiddesign
Perrysburg, Ohio
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Just an Awesome Experience”
Reviewed 14 April 2012 via mobile

I cannot say enough good things about my experience with Edokko Guided Tours. Ayako is an excellent tour guide and is just great at what she does. She is very kind, thoughtful, well organized, and communicates very well.

If you're thinking of going it on you're own or with a tour group, let me just say that you won't have near the experience you will have with an Edokko tour. During my tour I saw many people with their face in a guide book, figuring out where to go. All the while missing the world go by. And with a tour group you will be shuttled around half of the day just picking up other tourists
and never really feel connected with your surroundings. With Ayako you don't worry about a single thing, you feel involved, and you just enjoy the experience. It really feels effortless.

I can promise that it will be the best decision you will make on your trip!

4 Thank Rob528
Bratislava, Slovakia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Valuable - TAILOR MADE - experience worth the money”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

My father and I visited Tokyo at the end of February 2012. I have contacted Ayako well ahead of our arrival to Tokyo to set our itenary, once in Tokyo. Ayako's involvmenet in setting our common itenary was extremely helpful.

Ayako will tailor made the content and length of the itenary based on your (not her) interests. This is by far the greatest added value as opposed to other private tours offered in Tokyo. Each tourist is different and has different preferences and interests. Therefore, we have first informed Ayako of our interests and then she basically suggested specific items that we should do or visit. By doing this, we made sure that our specific interests were fulfilled.

Ayako is also much more cheaper than other private tours.

Once in Tokyo - Ayako was great. She answered happily all our questions and was very flexible. We went signseeing, did teat ceremony, had dinner together. However, most of all, it ws the discussions with her that helped us most to see more deeply into japanase culture. It was the discussions with her that I consider most valuabale and what I will remember more than the sighseeings. Higly recommended !!!

Visited February 2012