“great food at insanely reasonable prices”

Torigin Ginza Main Shop
Ranked #54 of 7,939 Restaurants in Chuo
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi
Houston
“great food at insanely reasonable prices”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This isn't a sexy or romantic restaurant -- it's brightly lit and loud -- but the food is delicious, and the prices are just right. We're normally quite adventurous, but I just couldn't get into chicken gizzards and knew I would feel obligated to plow my way through if I wound up having them on my plate. So, listening to other TA members, we skipped the combo yakitori and went for the individual orders that appealed to us. The chicken with shishito peppers was tender and flavorful, as were the skewers with green onions. The grilled shiitakes were also fantastic -- so much juicier than the ones in the States. We also went with a rice dish, opting for the one with salmon. Our grand total for 8 skewers, one rice dish, one green salad, one sake, and one beer was $42 (4200 yen). I can't remember the last time we had dinner for under $50! That was a nice way to round out a wonderful dinner.

Visited June 2014

Tokyo
“Reasonably priced Traditional”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We go there regularly to taste the Yakitori and Kamameshi style cooked rice. Often with guests who prefer light on budget. Never had been disappointed on quality, price or yazakaya style ambience.

• Visited March 2014
Valenza, Italy
“Very very good yakitori”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Last week i went in this restaurant, and i've appreciate the good taste of the fantastic yakitori and spectaculary kamameshi. I think that the quality of food is hight and service is good. For a peole that want try a true spirit of Japan this is the right restaurant!!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Giampaolo L
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Best Yakitori and Kamameshi”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We went to Torigin because of it great reviews in Trip Advisor and a friend suggested us to go there. We didn't disappointed since it was so good and truly spoiled our tastebud.

Torigin was the first place we've tried kamameshi. It almost the same as claypot rice which is famous in Hongkong or China. We tried Gomoku-Kamameshi Set with yakitori, negima-yaki, hasami-yaki. In additional, we also ordered torikawa-yaki (chicken skin), shiitake-yaki (shiitake mushroom) and aspara-bacon-maki (asparagus rolled with bacon). They were all seasoned beautifully.

Don't worry if you don't know Japanese language since they have menu in english. When we went there, one of the waitress can speak english and he helped us with what to order.

If you shop in Ginza area and want to have a bite, you should go to this place. It was easy to find in a small alley near Wako Ginza Building. The alley was facing a hat's shop called CA4LA.

• Visited July 2013
The Villages, Florida
“Torigin Honten(main shop) is still the best.”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

There are so many Torigin branches scattered all over Tokyo but Honten is still the best. I used to go when the place was a small shop with creaky upstairs. The stairs were so narrow that customers going up and down had to take turns. The place became famous when many international airline steward and stewardess began to frequent the place. Now Honten is very clean but food is still great. I like all kinds of kushizashi and I have it with kamameshi and I ask them to make it with as much okoge as possible. I like shake(salmon) which takes the longest time to make. There are other yakitori places but I always return here. Their chicken soup is good too which comes with yakitori.

• Visited March 2013