Mercure Tokyo Ginza
US$160
US$166
US$106
  • Restaurant
Hotel Villa Fontaine Hatchobori(Chuo)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$67
  • Breakfast included
US$329
US$151
  • Pool
Solaria nishitetsu hotel Ginza(Chuo)
US$208
US$163
US$261
US$183
Trip.com
US$123
US$79
1,538 results
All reviewsaccor hotelsaccor membergreat locationsubway stationdeluxe roominterconnecting roomsfrench restaurantaround the cornerwalking distanceshopping districtdirect accessan upgradeimperial palacerooms are smalljapanese standardshaneda airportdecent size
Reviewed 14 January 2014

This hotel in the heart of Ginza is so well located and managed that I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Tokyo. The Staff all speak English and other languages (I assume), and are ready to help with any request no matter how small. The General Manager, Kamel Senhadji, adds another level of professionalism that extends to his personal handling of any special issue or concern quickly and efficiently. The breakfast was great with both Japanese and International choices that satisfy both adults and children. The self-serve espresso/cappuccino machine was a special treat for us each morning. We also had no problem getting seating even for our 4 adults and 4 children in the breakfast area. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Tokyo as it sets a new high standard in terms of value, location, cleanliness and management for any hotel in any big City anywhere. Even our Japanese Colleagues an friends could not believe we had found such a great hotel at the peak of a very busy holiday period in Japan. They are recommending it to their friends and Colleagues as well, now! I can't think of any better endorsement of a property in Tokyo.

Room Tip: We had rooms higher up in the middle of the floor. They were quiet and clean. I think the deluxe Twin rooms are a bit bigger.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Seb B
Management response:Responded 16 January 2014

Gentile cliente amichevole,

Grazie per lasciare i tuoi commenti su TripAdvisor.

I will continue in English as my written Italian needs much more concentration and accuracy.

I read carefully your comments and regret that I could not welcome you personally. Thank you for these comments that I will share with the teams. It is true that having different employees from different regions of the world makes our clients feel at their ease in a city such as Tokyo.
We have Italian employees, French, Philippino and Spanish knowing that most of our employees speak reasonable to very good English and can handle most of the nationalities as some of them speak Chinese and different languages that might solve situations.

Thank you for mentioning my name, but I should say that the team is a credit for this property as they try, all the time, to find ways to make our clients feel happy during their stay with us.

Thank you, once again for your comments, wishing to welcome you again at Mercure Tokyo Ginza..... But this time, I will be at the front office desk to make sure your stay would be far better than this one.

My best regards

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Stayed at Mercure for the December holidays with family. Had booked 2 rooms in advance. Overall, we love the hotel and the rooms. Location is fantastic especially since we were on a 6 day vacation in Tokyo which also was our first time to japan. It is just 2 min away from the ginza itoco station. We had a blast using the subway to visit all the key attractions in japan.

The staff were very friendly and the rooms were better than expected. However we had only one small negative; as we had 2 children with us, we had early request for connecting rooms. Upon checkin, unfortunately this was not to be. In the end, although we had 2 separate rooms, our kids squeezed with us.

Other than the "packed" holidays, everything else was above expectation. Would recommend this to my friends.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank fw189sg
Management response:Responded 12 January 2014

Dear valuable Guest,

Thank you for leaving your comments on Tripadvisor.

First of all, I wish you a happy New Year and all the best for your family and beloved.

I read carefully your comments and I am glad to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I regret that you could not get the connected rooms booked as this kind of rooms is quite busy on holiday periods. The demand is high as many of our clients visit the city with their families like you did.
Let us know for your next trip, a bit in advance, we will be happy to block the connected rooms for you.

Thank you, once again, for your comments wishing to welcome you again at Mercure Tokyo Ginza.

Best regards,

Reviewed 5 January 2014

This hotel has a very strategic position in Tokyo. Subway at 1mt, station at 5 min and the famous Ginza mani street at 1 min. so if you need to stay in the town for tourism or business is perfect. Rooms are very good, large (we were in a deluxe room) with very good standard.staff is nternational ( speaking english) and the breakfast is good too. Wifi is free of charge. Suggested

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Z72
Management response:Responded 5 January 2014

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for leaving your comments on TripAdvisor.
First of all, I wish you all the best for this New Year hoping that it will bring you happiness, good health and wealth.

Thank you for recommending our place to TripAdvisor’s readers.... I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated the facilities and the different services provided to you.

Please let us know when you wish to come back to Tokyo, we would be delighted to welcome you and make of your next stay much more enjoyable.

My best regards.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

The room of Mercure is as expected. It is compact, have all the basic necessities for travelers. The twin superior room can accomadate 2 adults and 2 toddlers easily. The location is unbeatable, only 5 mins to Ginza. For food selection, visit Matsuya dept store Floor B1. The options are abundant. Mostly taste really good. Ginza is a heaven for crazy shoppers. It carries high end to mid end brands.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 5 January 2014

Dear Valuable Guests,

Thank you for leaving your comments on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to see that the hotel met your expectations and that you spent an enjoyable stay with us. Indeed, the hotel is well located in the heart of Ginza close to all big shopping malls as well as many good places of interest. Restaurants are abundant and you can find what you are looking for easily. Additional to that, our restaurant “Le Bistrot de L’Echanson” serving French specialties, welcomes you daily for Lunch and dinner as well.

Wishing to welcome you again, please accept my best regards.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I would of given this hotel a much higher rating but all it takes is one staff member to spoil the party. Every morning at the buffet breakfast we ordered from the kitchen 2 fried eggs as we don't eat scrambled or boiled eggs which was the only egg options in the buffet. This was done with ease every morning free of charge, just like all other hotels around the world do. The 3 male waiters were extremely friendly every morning, until the last morning where a young waitress who will remain nameless, we'll call her Miss S, I asked her for the 2 fried eggs like every morning and was told very sternly 'No, you can not order that as it's the weekend and the kitchen is too busy' (it was a Friday btw and at that time was less busy then previous days) Instead of causing a scene I walked up to the young male waiter (who was in charge that day instead of the normal restaurant manager) this is the same waiter who the previous morning greeted us with '2 fried eggs again?' with a big smile.
Well today he even changed his tune. As i asked him about the fried eggs, Miss S was shaking her head 'No' to him. Even though he was meant to be in charge he was taking orders from her and then informed us we must order the fried eggs off the A'la carte menu and pay for it. I asked to speak to the hotel manager, he made a phone call and then all of a sudden it was ok to get the fried eggs. This is a condensed version, this was actually a 15min saga before our fried egg request was approved.
Silly things like this should not happen, you can't offer something for 3 days then say No on your 4th day. Lucky it was our last day there as it would of been very uncomfortable to go back. Both Miss S and the young waiter did apologise. Also on the last morning they had no bread for the toaster as the bread was not delivered?? They should send someone down to the closest supermarket and buy 20 loaves of bread. The pastries here are world class though. Just a little side note, we are also Gold Accor members so normally get treated with great hospitality from the Accor chain, unfortunately not this time.
The checkin staff were lovely and upgraded us to a deluxe room and checked us in at 7am as we came off a 12hr flight from London, which was very accommodating.

Room Tip: Book a deluxe room, you will appreciate the extra space.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 9 January 2014

Dear valuable Guest,

Thank you for leaving your comments on TripAdvisor.

First of all, please accept my apologies and be sure that I will investigate to check who treated you with such unprofessional way.
Generally, the team members are very friendly and react quite positively towards our clients. I cannot accept such behavior and will take the necessary action to correct such treatments.

Thank you for your appreciations of the front office team and I will share your comments with them. This case is a study case that I will use in my future trainings to my team so that to make our employees react and comments such behavior.

I will be delighted to see you again and please let me know when you head to be back to Tokyo…I will know how to make things better for an enjoyable stay with us.

Once again, please accept my apologies and my best regards