“Great location, excellent service and facilities”

Mercure Tokyo Ginza
Ranked #12 of 92 Hotels / Ryokan in Chuo
Canberra, Australia
“Great location, excellent service and facilities”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Our group of five adults stayed three nights in late February 2014 before heading skiing in Hokkaido.

The location was great, the rooms were very clean and surprisingly spacious, there was a great variety of food at breakfast, and the staff were very professional. A special mention has to be made of Xavier, your English was excellent, you enthusiasm was like none other, and we felt like you couldn't do enough for us. Thank you so much Xavier! We will definitely remember you and the Mercure Ginza.

There are a variety of restaurants within walking distance, the subway is underneath the hotel, and the shopping strip of Ginza is just around the corner. A great place to stay for shopping and sightseeing.

Thank you for looking after us, we had a great time. We will definitely return.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank StawNK
, General Manager at Mercure Tokyo Ginza, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear valuable Guest,

Thank you for taking some of your time to write on us and your experience at Mercure Tokyo Ginza on TripAdvisor.

Javier was so proud to read you message yesterday and he looks very motivated to pass on his passion to the rest of the teams.

We will be looking for your next visit, I am quite sure that you will enjoy it even better. Please let us know when you are back again, we will make sure to welcome you the way you deserve to be welcomed.

Please accept my best regards and do not hesitate to write to me if you need any assistance.

gm@mercureginza.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is a great hotel to see and experience Ginza. As a family of 4 with 2 small children the double twin room was plenty big for us. The beds we're comfy and the room was very clean. The hotels location is great as there is a train station just beneath the hotel and plenty of restaurants to include a McDonald's that's 24 hours or fine dinning as we'll. your a five minute walk from the heart of Ginza with all the high end shopping, kabuki theater and fish market. The price was very good compared to some of the other hotels we looked at in this area. Overall had a great stay and the staff was excellent!

• Stayed May 2014
, General Manager at Mercure Tokyo Ginza, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear valuable Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write on TripAdvisor to feed us Back on your experience at Mercure Tokyo Ginza,

I am very glad to know that you and your family enjoyed the stay with us and appreciated the location and the environment of the Hotel.

The Deluxe TWIN rooms are sufficiently big to host a family. The beds are large (120 Cm X 200 cm) and we can add an extra bed as it was certainly the case for you.

Thank you for commenting on the quality of the service and the teams wishing to welcome you again in the nearest future.

Please let us know so that we sure you will be at your ease with us.

New York
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights. The location was perfect. The staff were warm and professional. The rooms were large and spacious. And the included breakfast was pretty good. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Michele L

Short and clear….

I can understand clearly that you enjoyed your stay with us and we will be delighted to have you once again at Mercure Tokyo Ginza.

Thank you once again for your feed back. Please let me know when you are back again, I will be delighted to welcome you personally.

Singapore
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Mercure Ginza is located approx. 25mins by taxi from Haneda downtown airport. From Narita, it would be about 1.5hrs

I stayed at this wonderful property for 5 nights in May and let me state formally my thanks to the hotel general mgr, Mr. Kamel-san and his team. Firstly, due to a convention in TYO, many hotels were fully booked, Mercure itself were quite full, but upon writing to Kamel, he and his reservation team did their best to get me 2 rooms for my colleague and I.

As a platinum member, I was allocated a deluxe room which by Japanese standards, it was spacious and very practical. In fact, I think it is larger by most Japanese standards. Room was clean and internet speed was fast. LCD TV was a bit small but manageable, most of the channels are in Japanese anyway. Lack of international channels like Fox or Star Movies but no issues for me as I spend most of my time away from the room.

Breakfast was excellent with a mix of both Continental and Japanese fare, it was delicious and good way to start your day.

Location wise, it is very accessible, 7min walk to JR Yamanote loop line and smack in the middle of Ginza shopping belt. Nearby are many small restaurants and noodles bars etc. Convenience marts like Lawson are also within walking distance.

Overall a great stay and because of Kamel-san and his team, I will definitely come back to experience their great service!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank RalphSingapore
Dear Ralph, if I may….

Thank you leaving your comments on TripAdvisor.

I should say that our role is to make our clients happy with us. This makes things easier for our team members and creates loyalty to the hotel.

The season is quite busy and I should admit that it is not easy to satisfy every request. Yet, I am glad that we could help you to book with us for your colleagues and yourself.

As for the TV channels, we have added some international channels and will think about more as our clientele mix is increasing. Mind you, we have a very good pay TV program featuring many recent movies for a very symbolic price. Please let the teams give you some information about the TV card on your next stay. I am quite sure that you will like it.

Thank you once again for your feed back. Please let me know when you are back again, I will be delighted to have a drink with you.

Indonesia
Reviewed 16 May 2014

It was a very pleasant stay in Japan for my recent trip at the Mercure Hotel in Ginza. it's only two blocks away from the elite shopping area of Ginza and few blocks away from the famous Japan Fish Market Tsukiji. If this is going to be your first trip to Japan, stay at this hotel and you will be happy. There's basement access to the subway from the hotel too. What else would you like from a hotel?

Room Tip: If you are a smoker, it can be troublesome to find a smoking area in Japan. This hotel offers smok...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Reza S

Thank you leaving your comments on TripAdvisor.

First of all, I would like to know if there was any issue which made you consider such a score as I see that you were satisfied with our property and the team’s service. If there is any issue, please, let me know so that we work out an efficient action plan and correct. You will find herein after my email address.

I have read carefully your comments and do understand that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the breakfast which is changing slightly as we strive to meet the mix of clientele visiting us every day.

Thank you once again for your feed back. Please let me know when you are back again, I will be delighted to welcome youpersonally.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Very familiar and European feeling. Small-ish size rooms, good multi lingual staff.
Breakfast was buffet style and excellent, the location to Ginza district and shopping was great, access to JR lines etc.
Good value for money , would stay again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

melbourne
Reviewed 14 May 2014

A stroll to the Ginza, this hotel is as one expects of Mercure Hotels world wide. Excellent, friendly and helpful staff, multilingual too! Rooms comfortable, no outside noise to be heard, minibar, safe etc. Restaurant for breakfast, either continental or buffet. Bar available, and lunch and dinner. Recommend!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you leaving your comments on TripAdvisor.

First of all, I like your style… short, consistent and right to the point. I am glad you had an enjoyable stay with us at Mercure Tokyo Ginza.

You are right; all you described is available at the hotel to serve our valuable clientele. As for the languages spoken, the teams speak many languages among which: French, English, Spanish, Italian, Arabic, Maltese, Chinese, Pilipino, Korean, Nepalese, German and many other notions of different language from different parts of the world. Of course, this is additional to the Japanese.

Thank you once again for your feed back and recommendations hoping to welcome you again in Ginza.