“Good value, great location”

Mercure Tokyo Ginza
Ranked #12 of 96 Hotels / Ryokan in Chuo
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Like many things in Tokyo this hotel is compact. It was however clean, comfortable and close to public transport. Staff were helpful and overall the stay was excellent. The area is clean and safe and thankfully clear of Pachinko parlours. The Ginza shopping strip is only a few blocks away

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WWQPM
Management response:Responded 11 June 2014

Dear valuable Guest,

Thank you for your consice, clear and positive comments on us on TripAdvisor.

I am very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the quality of our product and service.

We would be more than happy to welcome you again and make of your next stay a better one. Please let us know when you want to come back, we will be delighted to welcome you and make you feel at your ease again at Mercure Tokyo Ginza.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Overall we had an average stay at Mercure Tokyo Ginza.

Location was great, breakfast was good and service was good except on arrival. We arrived late at night and did not find the gentleman that checked us in to be very friendly or welcoming. He was not rude but just not pleasant.

I am a Platinum member for Accor Le Club's and also an Advantage Plus member, I provided the membership cards on arrival. I did not get any recognition which I found was very disappointing and no benefits for being their highest level membership. All the receptionist did was photocopy the Accor platinum card which I did not understand.

We just left the Ibis at Seoul, South Korea and they were overwhelmed on our arrival, they provided complimentary welcome drink vouchers, advised breakfast discounts at the restaurant for A plus members, and provided a very early check in and waived the fee as we were Platinum members.

Our main issue was the bad smell in the room. When we entered the room it was just not a good smell it smelt like something died in the room, It was late at night and we wanted to sleep so I did not mention to front desk. We turned on the air conditioner to make the smell go away but it did not disappear. Everyday we had this pungent smell in the room we ended up buying some febreeze to deodorize the room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rleyy
Management response:Responded 9 June 2014

Dear Valuable Guest,

First of all, Thank you for leaving your comments on TripAdvisor.

I would be grateful if you could contact me as I would like to discuss the issue with you directly and get deeper understanding of the situation in order to react and correct.

Please write on my email here below.

Waiting for you contact, please accept my best regards.

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We very much enjoyed staying at the Mecure Ginza. The staff were fantastic and their English was also great so easy to communicate.
The room was small but expected when staying in Tokyo, great location and very close to a subway, McDonald's and Starbucks!!!
They had a wide selection for breakfast including English favourites of toast, tea and cereal! Along with the Japanese rice dishes, and fruit selection.
Would recommend this hotel for convenient access around Tokyo!

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank DaniKimmings
Management response:Responded 8 June 2014

Thank you for leaving your comments on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the location and the neighborhood of the property.
We speak many other languages than English and it is easy for us to communicate with our clientele, especially those who do not speak English.

I am happy to see that breakfast was up to your expectations, as we try to add, change and update items as much as the buffet space allows.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed at the Mercure for a few nights after arriving in Tokyo. Perfect place to recover from jetlag. A block from shopping in Ginza, walk to the famous fish market and to several Metro stations, short taxi ride from Tokyo station, lots of restaurants and convenience stores in the neighborhood. The rooms have everything you need, but as you would expect in Japan they are really small. Javier at the front desk will help you with recommendations for dinner, sightseeing etc in perfect English or in Spanish. We were treated as friends rather than paying hotel guests and felt truly welcomed. Breakfast is expensive, but do splurge at least one day and enjoy both Asian as well as amazing croissants as well as other French treats.
We plan to stay here on our next trip to Japan.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank rejsegal
Management response:Responded 8 June 2014

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for taking some of your time to write about your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

I read carefully your comments and I am glad to understand that you really enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the teams’ quality of service with a particular appreciation of Javier. He loves his guests and looks always for the best way to make them all happy. I am happy to see that you were satisfied.

As for the breakfast, if you compare it with other countries in the neighborhood, I should say that it is expensive but compared to our competitors (In hotels), it is on the same range of prices of theirs’.

Thank you for recommending the hotel to the readers. We will be delighted to have you back and make of your next stay a much more enjoyable one.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Location within walking distance to the train station and close to the pedestrian shopping street make this a good choice for a Ginza hotel, but the rooms are really tiny. So what, you aren't in your room much, right? Yeah, but it makes getting around another person in the room a really tight squeeze. The bathroom is nice with a Japanese type sliding door, but the step up/down for the bathroom can be awkward, especially in the night when you forget it is there in the dark.

For my money, I would look elsewhere the next time, but if I can't find a better deal, yes I would stay here again. Hey, the place is still standing after we woken up by an early morning earthquake during our stay there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for leaving your comments on TripAdvisor.

I read carefully your comments and wonder what made you score a 3 out of 5 on the service. Knowing that most of the hotels in Japan have small single rooms I am quite sure that you will come back again to Mercure Tokyo Ginza.

Wishing you a happy day.

My best regards

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Excellent quality for a medium priced hotel. Thanks to my fidelity card I got an upgrade to a deluxe queen room and that was spacious and had everything you need for your stay.

Very good location for shopping and several metro stations to go anywhere in Tokyo quickly. Taxi from Tokyo station only takes about ten minutes.

Very nice breakfast buffet and even though I normally wouldn't dine in a hotel, I had a surprisingly nice dinner there one night. The area is full of excellent restaurants but sometimes after a long day of sightseeing and shopping you need the easy and quick alternative and this place fits the bill.

Service (as often in Tokyo) is outstanding. Everyone speaks good English and is very super friendly and professional. The reception manager (?) Javier especially makes the hotel feel like 5 star palace hotel. I don't think I've ever had such great service in a hotel.

Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank JTK595

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for taking some of your time to write about your experience at Mercure Tokyo Ginza on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the facilities of the hotel and its neighborhood. Yes, when possible, we do upgrade the Accor Le Club members (reaching a certain level of membership)… and make sure that all our clientele is at her ease.

Javier tries with his team to develop a very proactive attitude to improve our service and increase our guest’s loyalty. I am delighted to know that you were satisfied with his quality of service.

Please let us know when you wish to visit us again, we will be happy to arrange for a better stay.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Air conditioning didn't work, room small, couldn't put bag anywhere, so had to put it on the bed to take stuff out, then close and put against wall. Two people couldn't walk past the end of the beds. The hotel was very close to the shopping district which was a plus, but not enough for me to consider staying there again. Also it is about a 15 minute walk to the hotel from Tokyo train station, but there are three metro stations close by. If you are trying to find somewhere to eat western food, outside Tokyo train station take the underground walkway under the road and look for Bubby's Restaraunt, it was a life saver!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for leaving your comments on TripAdvisor.

I understand that space is a issue but please bear in mind that the majority of our competitor have smaller rooms. The smallest room in our hotel is a 20 M2 size which remains reasonable for one person. As for the Air condition, I checked with the teams and you did not inform any one about the issue.

The team is quite reactive and strives to make our clients at their ease in the property. Please feel free to write to me if you need to discuss the issue as we want to serve you again.