“Very reasonable and excellent location”

Mercure Tokyo Ginza
Ranked #12 of 92 Hotels / Ryokan in Chuo
San Cataldo, Italy
“Very reasonable and excellent location”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Mercure Ginza is ideally located in Ginza area (the Champs Elysees of Tokyo) at 200 meters from the Metro station.

The rooms are pretty small but this is something common in Japan.

Breakfast is made "French Style" with croissants and other french delicassy.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
営業部, Sales at Mercure Tokyo Ginza, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for your comments. I read carefully your comments and I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Yes, we are located in the heart of the city and that we are close to all places of interest in Ginza.
I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again soon wishing you a very pleasant day.

I will be delighted to welcome you again, wishing you all the best.

Sales Executive
sales@mercureginza.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The hotel is extremely small and I booked it expecting the good quality that most accor hotels are. The staff at reception were lovely and they kindly gave us a bottle of wine as a honeymoon gift. However when we got to our room we were extremely disappointed. The room was so small there wasn't enough space to put our case down we had to move a chair and stack furniture. The bed was comfy but the hotel was so tired with marks all over the walls and huge stains on the carpet. The room also smelled rather stale. The bathroom was also small but clean. We cut our stay short and moved to a nicer hotel. Location is good handy located but I wouldn't rat this hotel any higher than 3 star at a stretch.

Room Tip: we had a deluxe room on a high floor but it was still very average.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
営業部, Sales at Mercure Tokyo Ginza, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Valuable Guest,

First of all, Thank you for taking some of your precious time to write, on TripAdvisor, to feed the readers back on your experience at Mercure Tokyo Ginza.

I would be grateful if you could contact me as I would like to discuss the issue with you directly and get deeper understanding of the situation in order to react and correct.

Please write on my email here below.

Waiting for your feed back, Please accept my best regards.

Yumi ODA
Sales Executive
sales@mercureginza.com
Watford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Working in Tokyo in June (yep rain season). Hotel is in good location for everything.
Reception staff very welcoming and spoke excellent English which helped on arrival.
Numerous metro stations few minutes walk away and main Ginza high street.
Breakfast quite expensive but was ok - buffet style.
Wifi worked well in room, note rooms are not very big but were fine.
Handy 24hr Ronald Mc D next door if desparate need of a bite.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for leaving your comments on TripAdvisor.

I read carefully your comments and thank you for your appreciation of our teams. They always try to help our customers and make them feel at their ease at Mercure Tokyo Ginza.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Had a nice stay here other than being awakened by tremors from an earthquake in the middle of the night. Excellent location within walking distance of so much....a few blocks from the Kabuki Theater. About a 15 min walk to the famous fish market. So many places to eat or grab a drink within a short walk.....and a short taxi ride away from everything else.....staff was great and very helpful with any question whether it be sightseeing or getting to the airport. Had breakfast included in room rate which was very nice also every morning. Would happily stay here again

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Alan B
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for leaving your comments on TripAdvisor.

First of all, we are sorry for your experience of tremors from an earthquake in the middle of the night. If you have any issue or uncomfortable feeling at your next time’s stay, please feel free to let us know. Our reception desk is opening 24hours 7days to assist to you any time.

And I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at Mercure Tokyo Ginza as well as the neighborhood.

I will be delighted to welcome you again, wishing you all the best.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Excellent option, well located near several metro stations, lots of restaurants nearby and food walking attractions
Room was big, bathroom with amenities and breakfast good and moreover the service was really excellent – No five stars hotel would do better.
Price moderate for Tokyo so I really recommend it

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Valuable Guest,

It is true that we are located in the heart of the city and that we are close to all places of interest in Ginza.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I have stayed several times at the Mercure Ginza and have always had a pleasant stay. The staff are very professional and helpful (Javier recommended the best transportation to Narita Airport, for example). The hotel is so convenient for a tourist wanting to visit Tsukiji Fish Market and all the shops and restaurants of Ginza. It is an excellent value for such a prime location!

Stayed July 2014
MercureTokyoGinza, General Manager at Mercure Tokyo Ginza, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Valuable Guest,

It is always nice to hear such feed backs from our repeater guests…. It reflects our efforts to maintain the quality of our service and the efficiency of the teams.

Please let me know when you are back again, I will be delighted to welcome you and give additional attention to you stay. I am sure Javier will make sure you are at your ease, but I will ensure a better atmosphere than usual for you.

I would like to thank you for having stayed with us so many times and I am glad to know that you enjoyed the team’s efficiency and service on every stay.

Please let us know when you are back, we will be delighted to welcome you again and make sure you will be at your ease with us.

Please accept my best regards.

Kamel SENHADJI
gm@mercureginza.com
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location for both business and shopping. However I stayed recently and it was the little things that made me mad. First of all when I arrived they did not have my room ready - this was at 4:30pm. Secondly I requested a an ironing board to press my shirt for the next day, I was told yes. About 2 hours later I went to reception and was told we don't have any. This happend two day! I had read reviews about the wifi and they are correct, I struggled to connect any device - and each time it disconnected I was asked for the password. Real pain in the you know what. Lastly the room was just not clean, it had hairs in the bath and sinc.

Next time I think I will go else

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Crazyfoodlover
Dear Valuable Guest,

I would be grateful if you could drop me an email with your details so that I can investigate and react quickly.

You will find my email herein after hoping to hear from you soon.

Waiting for your feed back, Please accept my best regards.

Kamel SENHADJI