“Excellent Stay”

Ranked #58 of 90 Hotels / Ryokan in Chuo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed 25 September 2011

This hotel is an amazing place to stay if you're looking for convinience in getting around Tokyo. The Bakurocho station is just 15 steps outside of the hotel (C4 Exit) and it gets you to Tokyo station in 7 minutes (1 stop) and that's your gateway to anywhere actually. It's also near the Asakusabashi JR station and Metro station. This connects you to Akihabara and Shinjuku real quick. (This requires a lil walking)

The room is clean, small but good comfort for 2 people at most (Asian Size) you might have to squeeze a little if you're bigger. It's really clean though.

The bathroom amenities includes hot/cold shower, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, toothbrushes, daily change of towels, bathrobes. There's a tv which only shows Japanese channels and for the women there is a hairdryer!

Hotel staff was amazing and friendly. Very good help. Don't speak english fluently but they try as good as possible. I did NOT encounter any strong smell as said before.

Wi-Fi only in the lobby but it was great hanging out there as i met new friends! It's cool!

Room Tip: Get the twin room if you're in for more comfort but the double is pretty alright
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ongjasmine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Paris, France
Reviewed 6 September 2011

A 10-minute walk to Electronics Town, right next to the subway and trains -- including a direct line from Narita -- and just next door to the wholesale textile stores, the hotel is well situated in an area of town you might otherwise miss. Rooms are clean and relatively well-sized for Tokyo. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful; they let us leave a bag we didn't need for the following part of our journey in the hotel's storeroom for two weeks. Overall, a good choice.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank TomDR2
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Hotel stay was so so. Got an option for a bigger room as compared to the one we had in Horidome.

Cleanliness is alright for normal standard but not that comparable to Japanese standard (we stayed in 4 different hotels so I guess we could make a decent judgment). There was a strong smell in the bathroom and we alerted the front desk for a better cleaning in the morning. Well I guess the hotel is pretty known for business travelers, thus our request was somewhat ignored. He couldn't speak much English and he was very hesitant to serve us. He didn't find help and there was this 1 time when we came back and asked for room key, he got pissed off because he had to attend to us and couldn't attend to another Japanese business traveler. So all in all the service was not that good.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JunNumb
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 15 June 2011

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights and just came back from Tokyo. The bed width is about 120cm. It's ok for 2 asian girls but not for men I think. The room is very tiny (it's Tokyo style ;p) but clean.
Though it's not on the most popular JR line(山手線) but traffic is still convenient. Especially recommend to budget traveler, you can find decent price on some websites. Enjoy.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank HideoK
Malaysia
Reviewed 14 March 2011

We booked this hotel through agoda.com for a semi double non-smoking room. When we checked in we were upgraded to a twin room which was very much needed as we were dead tired after a long flight and night check-in. Our room was rather big for Japanese standard and was extremely clean and modern! The bathroom was a standard cube type (most Japanese hotel rooms have cube typed bathroom complete with multi-function WC and bathtub) but most importantly it was spotless! Location of the hotel is close to train station but in order to get to the main areas, several line changes are required. Nevertheless, that was not a problem for us as we were happy taking trains and exploring the city. Overall it was a fabulous stay and we will definitely stay here again the next time!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank SCFP
Nashua, New Hampshire
Reviewed 31 August 2010

I initially chose this hotel becuase it was part of the cheapest package on Orbitz.

It was a little hard to find, but that was mostly becuase halfway through my trip I discovered I was goinig out of the wrong train exit, so I had to take the corner by ETOILE and there it was right around the corner.

Check in Staff were very good, and there was no issue at all with me getting into my room. I arrived at about 5pm.

Most of the people who stay here are Japanese, particularly business men. I felt as though this entire area was something like Rockefellar center in NYC - Very much dominated by business.

For that reason the whole are becomes sort of a ghost town at night. There are a few little places to eat. I spent most of my meals at 7-11, which actually had amazing and convenient FRESH food. There is also a Dennys a short walk from the hotel (You can see it on the map on the hotel web page) And if you walk down the street father there is a MacDonalds and a Yoshinoya Beef Bowl.

The JR subway and the METRO are VERY easy to get to.

The rooms:

I had requested a non smoking room, and ONLY THE BATHROOM smelled like smoke. I solved this by wetting a towel slightly and putting it against the vent in the bathroom, which cut down on the smell immensely. The room itself was just big enough for one person. I think if there had been anymore than one, it wouldve been cramped.

I was glad that there was free wired internet (You just plug in the ethernet cord) And there is a TV, Japanese channels only.

I am actually leaving for this hotel in my next Tokyo trip tomorrow.

Likes: Location Location Location! You are only a few stops from Tokyo Station, the HUB of everywhere!

Perfect for the travellor who plans to spend most of the time out of the room

Dislikes: Wished there was more food available

I found the bed to be a bit hard.

**PLUS** There is a kasuri-ya (Pharmacy) around the corner of the hotel. This is important top note becuase NO MEDICATIONS (Not even tylenol) are sold in regular store in Japan.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
3 Thank Marikotoeii
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chuo
Tokyo Hotel Horidome Villa
#25 of 120 in Taito
Smile Hotel Tokyo Nihombashi
Tokyo Kiba Hotel
#5 of 33 in Koto

Been to Hotel Nihonbashi Villa? Share your experiences!