Ranked #1 of 96 Hotels / Ryokan in Chuo
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here four nights and the hotel, the location and service went beyond my expectations! Can warmly recommend this hotel, as you will get a customized service and experience in the center of Tokyo. The hotel is on top of a metro do you can go anywhere. The concierge paid attention to your needs and made spot on recommendations if restaurants, shopping and sightseeing, and even arranged everything for you. We will most certainly come back!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jonas R
Write a ReviewReviews (1,999)

Reviewed 27 August 2014

We stayed in Mandarin end of July for a week. I have visited few Mandarins around Asia, I think this one is one of the best.
1. Amazing service
2. Good location. Ginza area, many restaurants, shopping malls and metro station.
3. Amazing food. Breakfast choice not so high (quantity), but quality of the food is perfect. I recommend amazing Benedict eggs with a crab meat for the breakfast!
4. Big rooms (for asia).
Only disadvantage , there is no pool.

P.S. Special thanks for Ludmila (I think she is from Moldova), she is a russian speaking person working on the reception. She was extremely friendly and helpful, explaining where to go and how to reach the place. For example, she went with our friend to metro and helped him to purchase the ticket (not so easy to do it for the 1st time in Tokyo:) ).

Next time in Tokyo we will stay in the same hotel.
Regards,
Denis and Tania

Room Tip: Ask for Benedict eggs with crab meet for your breakfast:)
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

I was at the Mandarin Oriental Tokyo last week end and I had a really experience. As usual with Mandarin Oriental rooms are beautiful, chic and comfortable. Staff are experienced, smart and fully dedicated to delight customers and there you really feel like a guest! The lobby view is stunning. The hotel location is highly strategic for shopping! I had 2 concerns that will need to be considered:

1. Price was really high while it was clearly impossible to get a couple of hours late check out! They were saying during the booking the hotel was full was it was not.

2. They made a pre-payment with the credit card I had presented at the reception of the double amount of the the cost of the two nights I stayed without informing me when they did it. I got the the information from the bank who contacted me few minutes after the check in! I believe it could have been smarter and professional to inform me about this transaction.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LM009
MOTYO, 広報担当マネージャー at Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear LM009,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo and for taking the time to share your comments with us.
We appreciate your kind feedback which will certainly motivate our colleagues to completely delight and satisfy our guests.

It is with great concern that we learned about your unpleasant experience. Please allow us to extend our deepest apologies for the inconvenience you experienced.

Please rest assured that your feedback has been shared with the appropriate department heads for their review. We assure you that we will continue to strive to provide better service and enhance the overall experience of the hotel. However, in order for us to appropriately follow up on the specific areas of concern, we would appreciate should you wish to discuss your experience further, to please contact us.

We hope that you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back so we may showcase the kind of hospitality for which Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo has become renowned.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

I have to say that this is one of the best hotels I have stayed at in Tokyo, and one of the better ones I have stayed at anyplace.

I have been to several of the MO properties before and I have never been disappointed, and this stay was no exception.

The level of service from everyone that you deal with was high, even by Japanse standards. Check-in was quick and easy. The room was perfect and the view was outstanding. Everyone that you deal with, from the greating at the entry until the time you leave wants to make your stay perfect.

It is hard to pick out anyone to comment on, because everyone did such a good job, but my intereactions with the concierge, who when contacted before our stay via email, was even more outstanding. I was so happy they were able to secure a very difficult reservation at a wonderful restaurant (Sukiyabashi Jiro) and were great to talk with. Thank you.

The location of the hotel was a little bit away from Tokyo Station, about a 15 min walk. This did not pose a problem, but is worth making note of. If you did not feel like the walk, cabs are easy to come by.

This will become my new Tokyo hotel and I am looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Matthew E
Reviewed 22 August 2014

My review basically echoes what others on TA have said, but I think it's still important to get another data point out there. This hotel is truly fantastic. From the minute you arrive at the hotel the service is second to none. I only had to give my name once during my entire stay (well I had to give my room number the first morning at breakfast too, so maybe twice for 5 days). The staff strikes the perfect balance of being warm and friendly (as opposed to stuffy) and being incredibly attentive without being intrusive.

Breakfast is my favorite example of this. The buffet is simply fantastic, the selection and quality is top notch. I'm not exaggerating by saying the service at breakfast is better than every high-end restaurant I've been to in the United States, including per se. The manager/maitre'd instantly appears after you sit and offers coffee, juice, and eggs including their amazing eggs benedict with crab. If you don't want eggs he will come up with other suggestions for you! When you start filling a plate the staff will bring it to your table, and if you get up they will clear your plate and fold your napkin, every time without fail. It's an amazing way to start the day!

The room is fantastic, it is one of the few hotels which has plenty of closet/suitcase space so you can get ready each day and not have to scramble to find storage space. My only complaint is the closet area is too dark. The bathroom is great, amazing water pressure in the shower and Japanese toilets are just the best. The quality of linens, bedding, and other furnishings is top notch.

I found the location to be very good, I did a lot of exploring and being connected to the Metro was a big time-saver. In summary, this is the place to stay in Tokyo, you are treated as royalty regardless of whether you arrive at the hotel in the orange airport limousine bus or a Ferrari.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LAXtraveler78

Dear Bob90024,

It is rewarding to know that you enjoyed our luxurious hospitality and in
particular, breakfast at K'shiki during your stay with us.

We are delighted that you had a fantastic stay with us and appreciate your kind feedback which will certainly motivate our colleagues to completely delight and satisfy our guests.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

If you normally stay at MO in there various locations I am sure you will rate this MO in Tokyo as one os the best MO is running. The hotel is located in the upperlevels of a tower (the building itself is suberb) the decor is super modern in an asian style, the service is the best you can have and the rooms are spacious (a most in Tokyo) and absolutly silent (even the air conditioner machine is silent). The concierge staff is mostly helpful and all hotel staff is always helpful. The bar is excelent (the views are awesome) and the dinning options are michelin starred. One of the best hotels in Tokyo if not the best.

Room Tip: Ask for a view os Mount Fuji, although you need a clear day to see it.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rui M

Dear RuiM

We feel highly honored to be rated as the best hotel in Tokyo and to know that you had a Fantastic stay with us.

We are delighted that you fully enjoyed the hotel’s facilities and dining outlets on this occasion, and look forward to your return for another memorable stay soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stayed in 2 adjoining rooms in August 2014, one was a corner room with a spectacular view on 2 sides of Tokyo. The rooms are beautifully appointed, bathroom a large bathtub and walk in shower. Staff is charming, extremely polite and very helpful. Great breakfast buffet, the breakfast Maitre Niccolò was particularly gracious and very attentive.
The Gym is nice, not particularly large. I haven't tried the Spa. Concierge very helpful and informative.
The location is great, the metro station of Ginza Line is under the hotel so great for moving around Tokyo by subway.
All in all an outstanding establishment which I highly recommend.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have views on 2 sides.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Dario S
MOTYO, 広報担当マネージャー at Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Dario S

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular, our breakfast buffet, at K'shiki. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Communications

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chuo
Shangri-La Hotel, Tokyo
The Peninsula Tokyo
The Peninsula Tokyo
#6 of 78 in Chiyoda
Four Seasons Hotel Tokyo at Marunouchi

Been to Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo? Share your experiences!