“Generally clean hotel in a good location with mostly helpful staff”
Review of Pearl Hotel Kasai

Pearl Hotel Kasai
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels / Ryokan in Edogawa
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My husband and I visited Tokyo during our holiday mostly to visit Disneyland and DisneySea. We definitely couldn't afford to stay in a Disney resort hotel, so this was on of the cheapest that was close to Disney and it has decent reviews. I would say that the other reviews on here are pretty accurate. The hotel itself was clean and in a great location. Not a far walk from the subway station. The rooms were TINY but like I said, they were clean, so for the price we paid I am not complaining. The staff was helpful even though they did speak a very limited amount of English - they tried though :).

I would say that even though there wasn't necessarily anything bad or wrong with the hotel, I would choose to stay somewhere else next time. Because Tokyo's public transport system can you get you all around fairly quickly, you can pretty much stay anywhere and get anywhere you want to go. I wish I would have looked at hotels in other areas. I could have probably still found a cheap one and we could have gotten to Disney very easily. The Disney shuttle at the hotel wasn't super convenient. It was free - but it dropped us off in the parking lot and it didn't travel back and forth often enough - so we ended up taking the train and buses back to the hotel most nights anyway.

If you want a cheap, clean hotel near Disney this is a fine choice. Like I said the location is really nice - there is a McDonald's and 7/11 as well as other shops in the same block. I would just look around at other cheap hotels first before booking this one.

Also, make sure you ask for a non-smoking room if you want one. Apparently, I didn't choose either, and we got stuck in the smoking floor, and couldn't change to a non-smoking one b/c they were all booked. So make sure you clarify that beforehand.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Amanda F

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Much better price than staying at the hotels around Disneyland! Only 3.8 miles away, they have a shuttle that takes you directly to the two parks. Pickup is from the train station one stop from Mahaima which cost 130 yen. Kasai station has a bus that goes to the parks also leaving from #10 stop for 300 yen.
If you use their shuttles, make reservations early as they fill up fast. Otherwise, you do have reasonable options. Limousine bus from NRT drops off at Kasai which is an easy walk.
Staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are typically small but comfortable and clean.
Many choices for restaurants and convenience stores outside.
Would stay again.

Room Tip: I was in room 316. No view other than the building next door. It was quiet and easy to sleep without...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank David N
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Only two blocks away from Kasai station, five minute walk. Corteous staff. I arrived early and asked to hold my luggage while I went to spend the day at DisneySea. The front desk staff showed me were to take the bus and provided me with a schedule for both outbound and return service. When I came back the suitcase was waiting for me in the room. The room was tiny, but clean and efficient. Individual bed, which actually had another one in the bottom in case someone else was sharing the room. Small TV, refrigerator, and bathroom, but nothing missing. Sleepers and toiletries are included. Free wi-fi is available in the lobby. Rate included dinner and breakfast, which is nothing exceptional, but convenient. Lawsons almost next to the hotel, and 7-Eleven a block away. Also available close to the hotel are McDonald's, and Pachinko parlors.

Room Tip: Bicycles available.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Carlos M
Reviewed 21 February 2011

We stayed at Pearl Hotel for 4 nights when visiting Tokyo, including Disneyland. I have to say we were a bit worried, because this hotel is so cheap - but our overall experience was very good.
This hotel is only 5 minutes walk from airport shuttle bus and subway. They have free shuttle bus to Disneyland and DisneySea. Going home from Dinseyland at night, all we had to do is call them, and they came to pick us up. The staff is excellent, polite, helpful. The rooms are clean (not very modern, but clean!) and although they are extremely small, they provide nothing less than any other hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
6  Thank gorshi
Reviewed 11 March 2008

I'm a young adult from Southern California and stayed at the Pearl Kasai for a week on vacation. It was great for everything we needed: friendly people, nice room, shuttle to and from Disneyland, it was great.

It's in a great location too, lots of shops and experiences near by and if you want to expand your sightseeing, the hotel is only a five minute walk from the Tokyo Metro Subway station. One of the BEST public transportation systems I've ever seen. It can take you practically anywhere in Tokyo for cheap, including to and from the airport.

I would highly recommend it for travelers on a budget, it was a great deal.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled with friends
2  Thank flmcrw
Reviewed 19 October 2007

Having lived in Japan for over two years and done a lot of travelling I know what to expect from a Japanese hotel and can honestly say overall this is the worst I have stayed in.

On the plus side the linen and bathroom were spotless, however the rooms stunk, the walls were dirty with peeling paper and the carpets enough to make your toes curl!

The front desk staff were neither welcoming nor helpful and although I can speak some Japanese they made no effort to speak English even when I was struggling to say what I wanted.

I have stayed in far better hotels for a similar price in Shibuya and Akasaka and do not recommend this hotel at all.

The Disneyland Shuttle bus was good.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank JIOkinawa
Reviewed 5 January 2007

I stayed in the Pearl Hotel Kasai for 2 weeks during Thanksgiving
holidays and overall it was a pretty good experience

CONS: I asked for nonsmoking but they stuck me in a smoking room!!! The Expedia website did specifically mention that such a request wouldn't be guaranteed but still --- they should've tried
harder to find a nonsmoking room since they made so much money off me. GRRR. Though in general very clean, I was disappointed to find a dark stain on the carpet and the chair was too dirty looking to sit on so I used it as a hanger.

PROS: bed linen changed every day, bathroom cleaned every day, very nice & helpful front desk staff, walking distance to: subway station (5 minutes ), 100 Yen shop, McDonalds, KFC, 24 hour Udon restaurant (yummy), coin laundry ($6 per load with detergent included), supermarket and shopping mall (25 minutes) which was a cheap source of souvenirs and meals.

Overall, I would stay in this hotel again ONLY if my nonsmoking
preference could be guaranteed during booking.

2  Thank mister_krispy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edogawa
Hotel Lumiere Kasai
#1 of 15 in Edogawa
Maihama Station
Tokyo Disneyland Hotel
Hotel MyStays Shinurayasu
#20 of 25 in Urayasu

Been to Pearl Hotel Kasai? Share your experiences!