“Nice hotel but the bed was not "heavenly"”
Review of The Westin Tokyo

The Westin Tokyo
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels / Ryokan in Meguro
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Spent 3 nights at this hotel and I must say the room was nicer than pictured on the website. It was chosen by the company we were visiting so it was close to their headquarters. The area surrounding the hotel was very pleasant and close to the jr train line but it felt a little isolated. The included breakfast was very nice with fresh juice and many western and Japanese selections. The service was pleasant and everyone spoke very good English. The room could use a little of a remodel and we did NOT have the typical toto toilet with heated seat which I really missed. I have stayed at many Westin hotels and the bed was much more firm than any other westin bed so to me it did not seem to be a "heavenly" bed as I am used to having at other starwood properties. Overall I felt it was a nice hotel with a great buffet breakfast but after our 3 nights at this property we moved to the Ritz Carlton which was truly heavenly. Although the Ritz was more expensive it was head and shoulders above the westin in terms of amenities and services. Also the Ritz was in a more active area. I would stay at the Westin again if I needed to be in the area for business otherwise I would probably pay more for the Ritz or another property.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank luv2travel63
The_Westin_Tokyo, Digital Marketing Coordinator at The Westin Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time to post a review. Your valuable feedback for heavenly bed will be shared by our team. Our heavenly bed is authorized by Starwood hotels and resorts. However, our bed is not the newest version. The current US version and Japanese version is slightly different. We would take this opportunity to review our service standard, and try to improve even harder to meet your expectations. We truly hope you to come back to us again, and like to take another opportunity to fulfill your needs and exceed your expectation.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,844)

Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

The major disappointment was that my non-smoking room smelled badly of smoke. Also the iron didn't work.On positive side it has good food, good business facilities - lovely 17th floor business lounge. Very good service.

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time to post a review. Your kind words are of the greatest encouragement to all of us. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you. Your valuable feedback for the smoke smell of room will be shared by our team. We would take this opportunity to review our service standard, and try to improve even harder to meet your expectations. We anxiously wait for your return for another Westin Tokyo magic, a respite in the heart of the city with personal service at its best.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

This hotel was chosen for me by a client that I visiting in Tokyo, as it was close to their office, and I must say it was one of the nicer Westin Hotels that I have stayed at. I have long been a fan of the Westin chain, and will even admit to owning a Westin Heavenly Bed in my home. That being said, the last few Westin Hotels that I have stayed at have been in need of renovation. In fact, one that I stayed at recently in the US, had recently undergone an extensive renovation and still looked quite outdated. The Westin Tokyo, however, was a very nice hotel. The rooms were quite lovely, the beds "Heavenly," and the staff was courteous and professional. While the language barrier was an issue at times, I happened to be there during the World Cup Prelims and struck up a conversation with several staff members about Japan's chances and the good year that they were having. This seemed to break the ice and I found the remainder of my short stay to be both pleasant and engaging.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Muzicatty

Thank you for your kind patronage to the Westin Tokyo and for taking the time to post a review. Your kind words and strong vote of confidence for the Westin Tokyo has given us great encouragement and yearning to do more. It is our utmost joy in providing an experience, extraordinary; excellence that is consistent, and ensuring that each guest’s stay is bespoke. Thank you for allowing us to contribute to your Tokyo Experience. We hope to welcome you back very soon. Until then, please take care.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

I am a loyal SPG member but this hotel did not meet my expectations. Quite dated, and the bed was clearly not a heavenly bed and I complained and had no resolution. The staff were ok but no one stood out as exceptional. The lobby is grand but this hotel is far from any attractions. I was very disappointed. The first time ever have i not had a great experience at a Westin.

Room Tip: I asked but did not receive one
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank drkeith3
The_Westin_Tokyo, Digital Marketing Coordinator at The Westin Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time to post a review. Please allow us to express deep apology for your unpleasant experience on your recent stay. Your valuable feedback for heavenly bed will be shared by our team. Our heavenly bed is authorized by Starwood hotels and resorts. However, our bed is not the newest version. The current US version and Japanese version is slightly different. We would take this opportunity to review our service standard, and try to improve even harder to meet your expectations. We truly hope you to come back to us again, and like to take another opportunity to fulfill your needs and exceed your expectation.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

We had read the TripAdvisor reviews before our one night stopover in Tokyo at the Westin Tokyo and weren't quite sure what to expect as it has been described as "dated", etc.

What we found was a gorgeous lobby, fabulous art deco meets asia decor which was meticulous, amazing, and carried out through the elevators, the floor decor, and the comfortable guest room.

The service was very good -- in response to an advance e-mail (and having read a review that the hotel had great views of the city), and I had asked for, and we received, a room with a spectacular panoramic view looking back on the city.

We had too short a time to spend in Tokyo....took the metro down to Ginza at 9 in the morning, only to find out that the stores didn't open until 11, which because of our 3 pm flight, didn't allow us time to check them out.

Instead we opted to go back to the hotel, walk through the beautiful Japanese garden, and have a sushi special lunch at the second floor sushi restaurant, an experience that we greatly enjoyed.

I would recommend this hotel unreservedly. I only wish we had had more time in Tokyo.

Room Tip: A room looking out on the city skyline
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
The_Westin_Tokyo, Digital Marketing Coordinator at The Westin Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time to post a review. Whatever suits you’re fancy, we will do the utmost to provide. We are delighted to hear that our location in Ebisu (Yebisu Garden Place) was found to be a respite in the center of Tokyo, while providing some uplifting downtime with convenient access to all of your endeavors. Our location we hope, a respite in the center of Tokyo, is a unique attribute ‘designed’ to assist you to escape from the daily grind. Thank for allowing us to contribute to your Tokyo experience. We thank you for your very kind words of encouragement as we truly hope to serve you in the not so distant future. Until then, please take care and stay well. Hurry back for more of that peaceful invigoration.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Hello, I travel to Tokyo 5 or 6 times per year and I mainly use Westin while in Tokyo. I needed last minute help to book a restaurant in Ginza for my clients. Concierge closes at 8pm so I asked the Service Express department (also located in the Westin lobby). I had the privilege of receiving assistance from the Service Express Captain Itoyama-san. Not only was he very courteous, he was very prompt and hand delivered to my room 6 very good restaurant recommendations. I ended up going to one of his recommended restaurants where the food was outstanding and the reserved restaurant room was perfect for my client meeting. Lastly, I received a hand written card asking if the restaurant option was good and if the meeting went well. I normally receive this sort of treatment from St. Regis but now I consider Westin's service to be on par with SPGs luxury collection.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind patronage to the Westin Tokyo and for taking much of your valuable time to post a review, of which will surely be shared with all of our associates especially Service Express Captain Itoyama. Surely, he will be very happy to hear that your meeting went well. We are humbled with your kind words, as it is our genuine joy that we are able to contribute to your Tokyo experience and even more for a Westin Tokyo one. We boast true Westin professionalism and personal attentiveness to our guests! Please hurry back. We only hope for your return in the not so distant future, until then please take and stay well.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

This hotel is incredibly elegant. The lobby is amazingly beautiful. It is the second most exquisite hotel I have ever stayed in just behind the Waldorf Astoria in Rome that had real Venetian plaster walls. It's nicer than Ritz Carlton's and Four Seasons I've been in. The room furniture appointments with the wood inlays are stunning. I can not believe there are so many posts that say its outdated. There is nothing outdated about traditional architectural and elegance. This level of worldly charm is timeless. It's like saying Venice is outdated. All I can say is that these ridiculous ADHD people are the same ones that think Apples new iOS7 simple icons are good looking. They must be wanting trendy- hip and edgy Las Vegas style brown, chrome and glass- hotels that WILL be outdated in five years. This hotel is not trendy and that's good because trendy is pretty obnoxious in the long run. Anyone taking offense is probably under 40. You'll understand someday.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
The_Westin_Tokyo, Digital Marketing Coordinator at The Westin Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

A heartfelt “arigatogozaimasu (“thank you” in Japanese) for your stay with us. We believe in offering the best of international standards combined with immaculate Westin Tokyo hospitality and service- attention to detail, tailored service, and effort in understanding our guests. We offer a” home away from home”. As you mentioned our design is not really Japanese style, more like European classic style. Wherever guests visit in the world, we promise the Westin style consistently. Your kind words are of the greatest encouragement to all of us. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you. We hope to see you again soon. Until then, please take care.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Meguro
Shinjuku
Hotel Chinzanso Tokyo
#1 of 21 in Bunkyo
The Prince Park Tower Tokyo
ANA InterContinental Tokyo

Been to The Westin Tokyo? Share your experiences!