“If you don't go to Takazawa while in Tokyo, you've made a terrible, terrible mistake.”
Review of Takazawa

Ranked #8 of 11,791 Restaurants in Minato
Cuisines: French, Japanese, Contemporary, Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Akasaka, Roppongi
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This was the best meal of my life. Everything from start to finish was incredible. Chef Takazawa and his wife were so incredibly nice, it makes me wish I could dine there every week. The food was truly remarkable. I've never had anything like it. I can't wait until I return; hopefully very soon!

10  Thank Susana I

Reviewed 14 October 2013

My husband and I loved eating at Takazawa.
- Flavor: The dishes were original, delicious and playful. And as always in Japan, a true pleasure to look at. Nice mixture of french and japanese cooking.
- Service: Both the chef and his wife
- Ambiance- Very elegant and classy small restaurant (only serves 10 people) with a traditional japanese open kitchen (not very common in French restaurants).

The restaurant in general is expensive. The food is totally worth it. With found the wine list pairing really really expensive, specially for all Japanese wines.

We would recommend going to Takazawa and enjoy a wonderful dinning experience in Tokyo.

5  Thank sandra_lube
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

This was truly a remarkable dinner.

We dined here back in June, and it was amongst our greatest highlight to visiting Japan.

Yes it expensive.
Yes it is exclusive.
Yes it is hard to find. (Not really!)

I would easily pay the expense of dining again.

From the first course to the last, every morsel was divine, challenging and perfectly executed.

I was surprised by the quality of the wines that were matched, as I was not anticipating Japan to have wines that would be comparable to world class wines. I was wrong. They simply danced on the tounge and were matched extremely well to the courses given during the night.

Akiko embodies what you would expect as Maitre D in a restuarant of this caliber. She speaks perfect English, and is open for conversation outside of the food and wine, but knows how to exit the conversation to continue working.

Yoshi, the chef, was just amazing to watch. Calm, calculated, and concise. Perfection.

At the end of the meal, they both came out to bid us farewell.

Truly a remarkable evening.

I know the next time I am in Tokyo, I will go back.

Jake & Jade from Australia

7  Thank Vociferate
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I have got at this smart, and fantastic restaurant at last.

I really wanted to come here for all the time.

I had to email a lot of times to make this reservation.
I received a lot of emails of the confirmation.

There is this restaurant at an opposite of the main street, so it is difficult to find there.

There is an open kitchen in front of our table, so we can watch it when we get ready for the cooking by them in front.
The course has been already chosen by the email in advance.
They served a lot of dishes for us as we were not able to count.
From hors d'oeuvres to dessert, the eyes which I watched of all the menus are very beautiful and are delicate at all.
It is not necessary for me to mention the taste here. You can imagine how those are really good.

However, all the dishes did not readily come out, therefore we had to spent it on there for four hours.
It was for the first time for me to spend for four hours for a dinner.

As for all the liquor, the wine, and the tea are made in Japan, but unfortunately, the tea was not so delicious.
The chef is very shy, and the wife could speak English very well.

These were one of the most delicious dishes I have ever had.
I had a very very happy time there.

7  Thank 梓
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Going to Takazawa for dinner must be one experience not to miss, because from the first Email to reserve to the end of your meal it is a top class experience.
We choose this restaurant specially for my daughters 14th birthday and reading all the reviews, my expectations were very high, and certainly it didn't disappoint us. Great food, amazing presentation, superb imagination and overall 13 different dishes.
The only but is that these kind of experiences do not come cheap and certainly you will not dine here for the value for money concept. Nevertheless a experience to be highly recommended

8  Thank Ricardo B