“Best pizza of my life.”

Neighbourhood: Akasaka / Roppongi
London, United Kingdom
“Best pizza of my life.”
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

This place is hidden away and has a few chairs outside for you to wait on but boy is it worth it. Inside are about 10 chairs up against the bar which faces the huge wood burning pizza oven. You have a choice of two pizzas and lots of starters. The buffalo mozzarella was delicious and after you have finished your starters, your pizzas are made in front of you. After a couple of minutes in the oven the come out and my gosh are they fantastic. We left full but wanting more.

1 Thank Violentverb

Toronto, Canada
“Tied for 2nd best pizza in my life”
Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

Was walking south east from the towers and looking for a bite to eat. Saw lots of high reviews for this TINY place. Decided to pop in.

First impression of the place I thought it was nice for a hole in the wall restaurant. At most 10 seats, barstool style, which surrounds the oven and prep area.

Menu has lots of appys but only 2 pizzas. Appys reasonable priced, beer is typical, pizza seems high but take a look at the ingredients... That's REAL mozzarella they are using, not the processed stuff most use.

While we were having the appys we were wondering why the cook wasn't making the pizza. We soon found out after the appetizers were finished we watched the show. It probably took a whole 3 minutes to make and cook the pizza (in a real wood stove). We were impressed, but soon found out the real treat is the pizza. I have to say this is a tie for the second best pizza I've ever had (the best being my dads, love the spicy sauce).

We shared one pizza but you could easily have one yourself. Top marks on all fronts! If near city towers highly recommend this hole in the wall. I would go back in a heart beat!

Visited October 2013
NYC
“Never thought I would write a review on Pizza, BUT can not resist.”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I live in NYC and well traveled. Savoy is bar far the best pizza I have had. This is the first time where the sauce and crust were perfect!
Highly recommend for some beer and pizza.
Small simple pizza bar with some jazz music playing in the background.
Service is great, received a warm and fun welcome upon arrival.
Trust me, I never thought pizza could make me so happy & write a review!!!
Still have Savoy cravings from time to time and laugh with my husband over how we wish we lived in Tokyo, just for this pizza.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank TravlerTwins
Nashville, TN
“Amazing”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

This is by far one of the best restaurants I've ever been to (and I've been to a lot around the world). The pizza is fantastic. The montepulciano wine is a great accompaniment. Actually talked the chef into an off menu pizza this last time. For a westerners, this is a great taste of home and a fantastic break from the sushi.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank SOKYFARMER
Tokyo, Japan
“Best Napolitan pizza in Tokyo - have tried most of them”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Love Savoy - simple and fantastic. Go in for a beer and a pizza or two. Also can ask for the 'blanco' which isn't on the menu, but is a very solid white pizza. Can't go wrong with any of them. There are former Savoy chefs who have opened their own places, and i've been to most but they just haven't replicated Savoy. Savoy consistently is #1...not sure if it's the quality of the mozzarella or the sauce, but it's just the best.

• Visited April 2013

Been to SAVOY? Share your experiences!