“Brilliant Solution for NO AIR CONDITIONER Policy”

Keikyu EX Inn Shinagawa Ekimae
Ranked #27 of 109 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Bogor, Indonesia
“Brilliant Solution for NO AIR CONDITIONER Policy”
Reviewed 14 October 2011

Checking in today, October 14 - 2011 around 5 PM, the beautiful front office lady is very2 helpful on checking all of us in. I was in Tokyo as a participants of the Asia Pacific Regional Meeting in Hamamatsu & Tokyo for several days, four days in Hamamatsu & here at Tokyo on my fifth day.

When I entered the room, the room is spacious, but it's a little bit to dark, the furniture, the lighting & radio console and the closet and air conditioner system need to be replaced ASAP.

My main problem is with the room air conditioning system. When I came inside, this smoking room ( I do smoke & request this room) smell like a tobacco warehouse, the window is sealed and the air conditioner is NOT working.

I complain to the Duty Manager, he advice me to switch off the ceiling heater system in order to make my room a little bit colder..I did it as he recomend me to do. And I went out to Shinjuku for three hour. When I came back at 8 PM to my room, the room still not comfortable, I feel very2 uncomfortable to breathe, since the air conditioner still NOT working.

I ask the duty manager how could it be? he told me that it is the decision from the top management that starting from October until January, the air conditioner is permanently switched off...since Japan is in a winter season.

FYI, I was born, raise & live in Indonesia for my whole life...but I never feel this uncomfortable due to the NO Air Conditioner policy made by this "great" hotel management in any other parts of the world.

The Duty Managar indeed come to me with a "brilliant" solution. Instead of providing my room with an air conditioner as I've requested and as mentioned on their advertisement and as usual as any other hotel, beneath this universe.. he came to me with an electric fan...plug the power cord near the Flat TV desk and ask me to use it.

Can you imagine that???? a room with 10.100 Yen/night, and this is all I got as their customer??? Bravo..... I'm speechless now.

I came to Japan once every two or three months, and whenever I've to stop by at Tokyo...I'd never ever-ever....ever stay in this pathetic hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Ferry A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Arrived from overseas they charged me 6000 yen to check in at 1 pm as they have a 3 pm check in this is silly. No English tv not even CNN. Check out is 3 pm once again got screwed for a noon checkout as I had early afternoon flight . Wanted a extra pillow as they only supply one and only one towel. Made me go to desk to pick it up. They terrible not friendly service. Do yourself a favor and stay across the street at the prince hotel. This one is a dated poor service money trap!

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Acruss
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Stay for 3 nights for business.

The Keikyu EX Inn is just opposite Shinagawa station, so it is the most convenient place after landing late night at Haneda Airport. The room is clean and comfortable with quite big size compare with Tokyo standard. Free Internet is +++.

Overall, I have pleasant stay here and will come back if travelling to/from Haneda Airport.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Kengkla
Viborg, Denmark
Reviewed 3 October 2011

This hotel is conveniently located opposite Shinagawa station. I was leaving on the Shinkansen for Kyoto in the morning so this hotel was perfect. The rooms are basic but reasonably comfortable. However the mattress is too firm for my liking. I think this is the norm in Japan.
The hotel is not clearly signposted. It is part of a building called Shinagawa Goos. This is confusing and I would suggest improvement here.

Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank GGlen78
paris
Reviewed 17 September 2011

I chose this hotel because of its proximity with Shinagawa station as I was arriving by Haneda (15 min by direct train) and that was a good bet.it makes it very easy to travel around Tokyo (15 min for Shibuya on the Yamanote for example).
The hotel has been totally refurbished last year so the rooms are quite new with real bathroom
(not those plastic cubicles).Rooms are very bright and extremely large for Tokyo (min 24 sqm) even for the smallest/cheapest option.Price is good (booked with expedia).
I can only recommend this hotel and I will make sure to come back when I'm in Tokyo again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank nadzn
Hong Kong
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Keikyu EX Inn is just about 2-3mins walk from the Shinagawa station which you can get to the airport, Tokyo centre and Yokohama easily.

The hotel room is spacous enough. I think it's enough for 3 medium-size luggages to be opened at the same time! You can find almost everything you need in the room. Although it's near the station, it's very quiet at night so that you can sleep well after the whole day work or shopping! Moreover, there're many restaurants and take away shops around the station. There's also a big supermarket just in front of the station.

The hotel is quite new and I found a very good bargain in the internet (<9000yen per night). It's highly recommended!

Room Tip: Even the lower floors I stayed were very quiet
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Fatcasso
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 8 June 2011

品川 is a business district in Tokyo and obviously Keikyu Ex Inn is one of the many hotels designed to cater to the needs of business travelers in Tokio!

Late check in at 3pm and early check out at 10am. You have to pay a charge of US$50 or more if you would like to check in any earlier than 3pm.

The hotel has no facilities except for a mini shopping mall with restaurants on the 2nd level called 品川 Goos.

The rooms were clean and awesome. I love the room amenities! They had 資生堂hair and face products for guest to use!

TV - No English channels. Mainly cos most guest are Japanese or Chinese who cannot understand English.

Reception - They have got 3 Chinese speaking staff and the rest can only understand 日本語.

Concierge: You can do your luggage check in with them as well as borrow brolly and plug adapters.

There is a シンガポール シーフード レストラン just beside it! How cute!

Location: Directly opposite Wing Takanawa Shopping Mall (with awesome supermarket bento) and the JR Train Station. Getting around is of no problem with the train as long as you get on to the correct platform.

楽しんで!