My husband and I stayed at The Strings the 2 last days of our 2 weeks in Japan ! when we arrived first in Tokyo we stayed in a hotel in Shinjuku , but for the last days we decided to stay in The Strings for being adjacent to Shinagawa Station ! and the location is really exceptional !! we arrived from Kyoto by Shinkansen , and a few minutes later we were at the hotel ! I have seen people complainig that it is hard to find the hotel , but in Japan people are very kind to give information , then just ask !! furthermore, in the hotel reservation everything is explained !
The hotel is beautifully decorated , wonderful view from our room on 32 floor , but it was the smallest room we had in Japan !Breakfast was very expensive, and the set menus of the restaurant as well , but just at the entrance of the Shinagawa station is a branch ot the american Dean and Deluca Delicatessen , where we bought delicious cheeses , fruits , terrine de campagne and wine and had a delicious dinner in our room !! another must is the supermarket at Isedan magazine , also at hte entrance of the station , where one can find every western products !! Front desk could be more corteous , we have an Gold Ambassador Card , and even so we didn´t have a late checkout at the time that would be good for us ! everything around this region in Tokyo is super , modern and beautiful , and we liked it very much !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Strings by InterContinental Tokyo is an island of calm amid the swirl of a fast-paced business district. Tokyo Conference Center, Shinagawa, is right here, and a sheltered walkway leads to nearby Shinagawa Station. The Sengakuji Temple, Shinagawa Aquarium, the Tsukiji fish market and the shops in Shibuya offer glimpses of local lifestyles and culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Rakuten, Booking.com, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Strings by InterContinental Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Strings By Intercontinental Tokyo Hotel Minato
- Intercontinental Hotel Minato
- The Strings By InterContinental Tokyo Japan