US$196
US$253
US$227
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$268/night.

US$332
US$453
Conrad Tokyo(Minato)
US$421
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$482/night.

1,395 results
All reviewsshinagawa stationsmall balconyconvenience store in the hoteljapanese gardenbig hoteluphill walkclub floorshuttle busother hotelsbullet trainspacious roombusiness centerbreakfast restaurantbasement levelwalking distancenarita airportbusiness trip
Reviewed 30 November 2012

The hotel is in a good location if you like quite places with proximity to public transport. You can get to pretty much anywhere in the city from the nearest Shinagawa station. Very convenient if you are arriving into Haneda Airport, taking only a 15 minute train ride on the Keikyu line. The hotel is a 5 minute uphill trek from the station. If you are arriving with more than a hand-luggage or luggage with no wheels, spend the $9 (minimum fare) and take a taxi. You will arrive in the hotel less exhausted. The hotel has a bus service but runs very infrequently, like once every 30 minutes.

Must have been a grand hotel in its heydays but is now quite faded. The service is professional and courteous, but not personal. Everything works for the larger average, but not necessarily with your convenience in mind. One feature of the hotel is the beautiful Japanese Garden in the back, part of the larger Prince property of 3 hotels. Definitely worth a walk around it.

A typical Japanese business hotel where you get a clean room and that's it. The room I had must have been updated sometime in the last 1-2 years. The room has a small balcony that looks over the neighbourhood buildings. The most frustrating experience was the temperature setting in the room. When I checked in, the room was at a smoking 28 degrees on the thermostat. It was some 12 degrees outside. After attempting many times to set it down to a more comfortable 24 degrees I called the front desk to get some help. The person on the other end repeatedly told me that as it is winter only the heater would work and I cannot use the cooler (!!!!!). Now, this was my plight when I was speaking to the guy in Japanese. After a few attempts explaining to him that I want to use the heater with a lower setting, I was politely told that the temperature cannot be adjusted in the room and if it is too hot, I can turn it off (!!!!!!). Even after turning off the thing, I had to leave my windows (thank god they could be opened) open most of the time. So, I had to use the windows as a manual thermostat throughout my 5-night stay :-(. I was reminded of a cheap hotel I once stayed in Sapporo back in 1995. At least in that hotel they did not claim that they provide air-conditioned rooms and did not have a dummy thermostat in the room. I remember sleeping with my window loosely shut all night, when the outside temperature was sub-zero.

If you can afford a few dollars more, stay at the Prince Sakura Tower next door. The rooms are larger and nicer. I have stayed there a number of times and the air-conditioning works. If you cannot afford the dollars, go for a smaller 2 or 3 star hotel. You probably will get better value for money as you won't be paying for the name and features that really are not delivered or don't add real value.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel if you want a more comfortable stay.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Hiyer
Reviewed 24 November 2012

LOCATION – This hotel is not in the city centre, but it is 5 mins walk to Shinagawa station which serves the Shikansen bullet train and a number of other lines. It is also a 10 minute walk to Takanawadai subway station. This makes it really easy to get to most parts of the city. There is a free shuttle bus connecting the hotel with others in the “Prince” chain and Shinagawa station. The airport limousine from Narita airport drops off right outside the hotel. To walk from Shinagawa station to the hotel come out of the west exit, cross the footbridge and walk up the Zakuro-Zaka “slope” next to the Wing Store. I have mobility problems and walked it easily in 5 mins. I don’t know if the other reviewers walked up the hill where the airport limousine route is rather than the slope.

ROOM –Large double room with nice décor with a decent sized bathroom which is unusual in Japan. Small balcony with sliding doors, small fridge, kettle and TV with limited English language channels. Hairdryer in bathroom with nice toiletries and other products. Bed very comfortable and no outside noise to disturb sleep.

HOTEL –Large reception area, pools, nice gardens. Business centre to print airline tickets etc and a 7-Eleven convenience store selling beers/wine, sandwiches and ready meals that they will heat up.

SERVICE – Extremely good. Front desk spoke very good English and were very pleasant. Bell captain very helpful, storing luggage for us and arranging airport limousine tickets.

VALUE FOR MONEY –I was booked here as part of a tour, and would normally choose a lower class of hotel in a more central location but I would say it was good value for money.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel as part of a 5 week trip from the UK to Australia
including stopovers in Hong Kong and Tokyo during October and November.
We caught the airport limousine to the Hotel, took about 1hr 20mins.
Its about 5 mins walk to Shinagawa station.
Stayed for 3 nights, in superior room which was on 11th floor, with balcony and view over the gardens shared with the other Prince hotels
On arrival early morning we paid for a few hours early checkin 1000yen per hour before 2pm.
We also booked through the hotel guest services an afternoon tour with Grayline, to give us a brief look at part of Tokyo
Very nice room huge very comfortable bed and lovely bathroom with Japanese toilet!
All the facilities you would want on a long trip e.g. ironing board
Hotel is huge, free wifi in the lobby, although for the size of the hotel not many seats
We used the Cafe Eidelweiss for breakfast on the floor down from lobby near the exit towards the Station, 1000yen, gave coffee/tea, fruit juice, soup and a choice of three pastries from a large selection. There's also a large buffet restaurant available.
Lots of multinational restaurants on road down to the station less than 5mins walk, we had good meals at the Outback, and next door french restauarant as well as an Italian near the station entrance.
We bought a day ticket on the JR line and used it on the Yamanote circular line and got off/on at various stops along the line before coming full circle back to Shinagawa.
On our 3rd day we had a day trip to Kamakura, which had been recommended to us by a Japanese family we met on our travels in Australia.
Its about 50mins by train and has enough temples to last you a week of sightseeing. We visited two plus the large Budda.
Got the Limo bus back to the airport for our homeward flight, which took around 1hr 40mins in the morning rush hour.
The NEX train does go to / from Narita / Shinagawa but we decided to go door to door and use the Limobus.

Room Tip: High room with view towards tokyo tower / gardens
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2012

My girlfriend booked this hotel as we were on a tour and it was convenient for the Narita Express and Shingkansen stations. How nice to have a balcony in a City hotel with great views. This hotel isn't a boutique hotel so what can you expect. The bus service to town is great - remember to book the outbound journey as this is not a 'turn up' service. For what we paid we got what we expected, good value for money and very polite and able staff. Great room, disappointing Club Lounge in terms of variety of offering, but what was there was good quality.

Room Tip: We were on the 29 floor in 2923. We didn't get a view of both Tokyo towers. To do that you need to be in a room with a number lower than 21 and an odd number (19/21 etc....)
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2012

I stayed in Tokyo recently for 4 days. My travel agent did the booking as I new nothing about where to stay. This is a great hotel. Feels Japanese but very Western. Has lots of facilities, including in-house "7 eleven", 3-4 restaurants, shops, humungous lobby (which is just great for waiting for your tour bus to turn up). Rooms are large, clean, and bathroom has all the necessary bits for westerners. No wifi but there is a free cable in the room.

Staff here are great.

My room had a great view of Mt Fuji (waaaaaay off in the distance - on a clear day of course).

This hotel was close to Shinagawa train station which is on the JR line (bullet train stops here), and its only a few stops from Tokyo station. Everyone seems to know Shinagawa!

All the tour buses seem to stop at this hotel and there are heaps of restaurants (including western) and nice shops nearby.

Only bummer was I could only get Japanese TV, which is no biggie as you shouldn't be spending all your time watching CNN anyway.

Room Tip: If you need a cheap meal in your room, head for the 7 Eleven and get a microwaved Japanese meal and grab a cold beer to put in your fridge.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business