“Great value.”

The Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo
Ranked #5 of 117 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Reviewed 13 August 2014

First class hotel at walking distance of the Shinagawa (Shinkansen) station. Huge rooms (46 sqm!), with huge bathrooms with separate shower and jacuzzi. Maybe lowest price per sqm in Tokyo. Too bad they charge extra for the swimming pool. Check when you book a package through Marriott, the reception might not have the complete details and wanted to charge extra. The breakfast is great with even fresh smoothies. WiFi works very well throughout the hotel. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank travel61addict

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I have stayed several times at this hotel and it is a great place for business or leisure trips. The staff is always eager to help. I would only suggest that the gym is opened before 7 am. Other than that, a great place to stay and associated with Marriott as opposed to the other Prince options nearby.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Gino61
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We loved our stay at this very friendly and courteous hotel! The staff were so helpful and so attentive from the minute we arrived. Bedrooms, and bathrooms are a good size, with a separate toilet cubicle, complete with heated seat and built in bidet.
Weather was very wet in July, so have a brolly handy. And people also use it when the sun does come out.
The Shinagawa station was just across the road, which is very handy for travelling in and out of Tokyo. Found this easy and in-expensive to use, although it is very crammed at peak times!
Went a coach trip to Mount Fuji, which was very long and twisty, and was cloudy when we arrived, so didn't see much. Then had lunch, a cable car trip, followed by a boat ride on a huge Pirate ship. Then got the Bullet train back, which was extremely fast.
Also done Disneyland Tokyo, which is the same as their other parks, except pleasantly serene!! Would also recommend Disney Sea.
Found good shopping in Shibuya 109 and lots of ladies stores in Takshitta Street.
Lots of western restaurants if you don't like sushi.
Had a walk round Hamarikyu Gardens where we took part in a Tea Ceremony, which was lovely, although the tea, and confectionary were an aquired taste!
All in all, would definately recommend this hotel, and hope we get the chance to stay again.
Really loved the people in Japan!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank yvonnemckinlay
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The hotel was recommended by a colleague and I am glad that it was. It was a great stay. The staff are really friendly and helpful. It is a 5 minute walk to the Shinagawa train station where you can get the train into the centre of Tokyo on the super-efficient metro or access the Shinkansen to get around the rest of the country. I only tried the Ciliegio restaurant for dinner, but the food was tasty and the setting is beautiful. I recommend taking a tour around the lovely relaxing garden. All in all a lovely stay and I will be staying here again on my next trip to Tokyo.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank TripTravels123
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We found the Prince Sakura Tower hotel through Marriott. It's part of Marriott's "Autograph Collection", which are boutique hotels in the Marriott family of properties. As a side note, if you haven't looked at Marriott's Autograph Collection before, you're missing some very nice hotel options. Back to the Prince Sakura Tower review. There are many "Prince" hotels in Tokyo, so if you find this one to your liking, make sure you include the entire name and the connection to Marriott to ensure you have the correct hotel.

The Prince Sakura Tower is nestled next to a Japanese garden that leads to two other very nice hotels. The benefit is that you have many restaurants to choose from, all within 2 minutes walking distance. In addition, the Shinagawa station is a short 5 minute walk, giving you access to Japan's expansive train and subway systems. Very nice location.

What we found most delightful was the service. The concierge was incredible as she spent well over an hour with my wife helping plan the excursions on our free days (as we had some pre-planned excursions already booked upon our arrival). She made restaurant reservations for us, coordinated taxi service and even secured tickets to a league championship baseball game for my wife, two daughters and I. The entire staff was friendly and helpful. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank JVM-Milford-MI
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed here once in May 2014, and liked it so much I stayed again in June 2014. Once off the main road, the walk up to hotel (a slight incline going towards the hotel from the station) is relaxing. I was greeted both times outside by a staff member who took my luggage and led me to check-in (as they did when I checked out too). The lobby also felt attractive and relaxing to me. Check-in was efficient and professional. The second time, however, I had to ask about the breakfast coupon. It appeared that the staff member was new.

The gardens around the hotel are nice for a stroll. Even though it was not cherry blossom season at the time of my visits, the greenery is wonderful in the midst of the city.

The room was large enough, with the best point for me being the lovely tub with bubble jets, and the toilet in a separate room from the bathtub and shower. Looking out the windows of the room, I could see so many trees, which is another reason I liked it here. I am not sure if internet is standard nowadays, but it was included in my room rate.

There is no (member) lounge at this hotel, which is a minus point for me. The buffet breakfast was adequate (with nice "smoothies"- a choice of two different kinds), but I was surprised that there was no white rice (just rice gruel). I have gotten quite used to buffet breakfasts at hotels in Japan, which often serve Western as well as Japanese choices. There were nice views, more greenery and water, out the window at breakfast.

The hotel is close to Shinagawa Station, which is mostly a business area. I did not realise until my second stay that there is a hotel shuttle to the station. I am not sure how frequently it runs. From the station, there is a direct train from Haneda airport (I am not sure about Narita) , which was convenient for me.

The first time, I had taken a taxi from another hotel. I did not have the complete name of the hotel, and the driver was confused at first. He asked if it was "the Tower", and I did not know that was part of the name. There are several hotels with "Prince" in the name in the area, and this is a Marriott property, Autograph Collection, but that part does not seem to be part of the name in use (there was a small sign at the entrance to the hotel with this name on it however). The Marriott Tokyo is in the same general area too. So, it was a little confusing. The other mildly confusing thing was that the room number (4523 for my second stay) was on the 5th floor.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank Zipzoe
Reviewed 28 June 2014

With a lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite member in the family, we tend to stay in Marriott hotels everywhere we travel. We had four to pick from in Tokyo and chose the Prince Sakura Tower. It required the least amount of points and was the farthest south in Tokyo which would make it cheeper to get to the Yokohama Cruise terminal for our cruise.
We arrived very late the first night but the service was impeccable. And every want or need has already been thought of for you and is waiting in the hotel room. The complimentary breakfast every morning was a definite plus, especially the addition of the green smoothies. There was an English newspaper hanging on our door each morning. The rooms are HUGE compared to others in Japan and the bathroom was amazing with a jacuzzi tub along with a roomy shower that offered hot forceful water. The toilet is in another room than the bathroom and contains one amazing toilet. Lots of buttons to heat the seat, cool the seat, spray water on your bum and much, much more.
There is also a traditional Japanese garden outside including an amazing Koi pond. Its beautifully landscaped and full of tranquility. The hotel is also across the street from the Shingawa Train station which makes it incredibly accessible!
All in all, a fabulous hotel with wonderful service, enjoyable amenities and very comfortable beds!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank TCUAussieFrog
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minato
Park Hotel Tokyo
Conrad Tokyo
Conrad Tokyo
#1 of 117 in Minato
Royal Park Hotel The Shiodome, Tokyo

Been to The Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo? Share your experiences!