This is a very nice hotel with a reasonable price considering its location (being in Tokyo and all). It's centrally located, with subway and lightrail stations within walking distance. They have very interesting exhibitions at the lobby (AWARE: it's not on the ground floor. Read the instructions on the lift) and apparently every now and then they would project some short films onto their giant white wall for ones to watch. The room was rather spacious, and the view was very good; we could see the Tokyo Tower from our room.
However, there are two thing that you need to be aware of (nothing about the hotel facility tho):
1. Unless you are on a business trip that requires you to stay near Ginza, this area may not be a bit boring for it's kinda far away from all the fun places. Except that there is a giant clock opposite the road (on your way to the subway station) influenced by Howl's Moving Castle which chimes every now and then. It's definitely worth checking out if you are nearby.
2. I find that many luxury hotels in Tokyo have a distinctive feature: they occupy only the top floors of high-rises. This can for sure provide you a good view, however for one that can't stand a rapid lift due to the air compression like me or one with claustrophobia, it may not be an enjoyable experience. Park Hotel is definitely one of these hotels so you might wanna take that into consideration.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Park Hotel Tokyo, opened in 2003, is located on the 25th floor and above in the Shiodome Media Tower. The 25th floor has the lobby and reception desk besides restaurants and the bar. The city's view can be enjoyed through the windows behind the reception desk. There are 270 guest rooms, located from the 26th to 34th floors. In 2013, Park Hotel Tokyo had put forth a new concept, "Infinite time and space amid cognizant Japanese beauty." In line with the concept, decorations of standard rooms on the 31st floor are in progress. Park Hotel Tokyo is planning to complete all guest room decorations on the 31st floor. To offer a memorable experience in various parts of your stay, Park Hotel Tokyo will continue to maximize the role of Japanese aesthetics and hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Rakuten, Ctrip TA, JAPANiCAN, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Park Hotel Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Hotel Minato
- Park Hotel Tokyo Japan