3,537 results
All reviewsrainbow bridgeaqua cityoutdoor jacuzzistatue of libertydaiba stationthe executive loungeocean viewvenus fortfuji tvyurikamome lineshopping mallsmall balconyhaneda airportnight viewbeautiful hoteldiamond membertrain ride
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed at the Nikko hotel in Tokyo. The hotel is high class hotel with an amazing view to the bridge. The rooms are nice and the staff is very helpfull. The only downside is that thy charge a fee to get into the hotel pool. And it is not cheap. 3500 Yen!!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ronen Z
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed at the hotel for mainly business reasons, however I was lucky to explore also their excellend cuisine and Spa! The only comment I can give is to translate the use of the waterboiler into english as there was only a japanese instruction mentioned.
The hotel has very comfortable rooms (their star level is 4 but would easily pass to 5 stars up to European level!!) and I had a beautifull view on the Rainbow bridge.
True Japanese hospitality.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank GertrudaPeter
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed here one night at the end of a busy two-week tour of Japan with my husband and grown-up daughter. It was so amazing we didn't want to leave and my daughter, who lived in Japan, wanted to move in! It is perfectly situated on Tokyo Bay and our room and the most fabulous view of Rainbow Bridge and the Tokyo skyline - gorgeous during the day and so pretty at night too. It is just a few minutes walk from the train station via a covered walkway so if it is raining you wouldn't get wet, though the weather was sunny and warm for our visit. The hotel looks amazing from the minute you see it. Pretty water feature and flowers and the staff were so courteous, as everyone is in Japan. Check-in was swift and we were shown to our beautiful room overlooking the bay. The room was immaculately clean with everything we needed and of course nightwear, slippers, bathroom essentials and luxuries too. Our daughter made good use of the spa facilities which were included in the price - we only paid £122 for the three of us which was excellent value for such a fabulous hotel. We treated ourselves to room service in the morning for breakfast (Western-style) and it arrived right on time and was delicious. The surrounding area has much to explore and we didn't have time to see it all - we will have to visit again! There are lots of really good shops and restaurants and things to do and even a Statue of Liberty. Do visit the Michael Jackson shop - it's tiny but fun! We left via the hotel airport limousine to Narita, another excellent service - our luggage was delivered to the coach making our departure very easy - no train journeys and changing trains to worry about. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Tokyo and one day, we will be back - our daughter will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Definitely request a room overlooking the bay for the most amazing views.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I agree with the general comments expressed by earlier reviewers - this hotel is modern, attractive, friendly staff, and has large guest rooms, some with great views ("ocean-view" rooms). Therefore I believe that potential guests need only consider the hotel location; it can be a forgone conclusion that this property is very nice.

We did not use any of the food & beverage outlets, nor did we have time to visit the free onsite spa.

As others have mentioned, there is a 15-minute subway ride to the mainland of Tokyo (Shimbashi station) and each fare is about ¥320, which is not, as far as I know, covered by the other Tokyo subway all-day passes; a small point, but something to bear in mind.

It will be up to potential guests to decide if this remote location, with its advantageous views of Tokyo, is a good thing or a bad thing. The extra 15-minute subway ride got to be a bit tedious after our 3-day stay at the Nikko, but the hotel was nice enough and with an attractive price we would consider this property for future stays in Tokyo.

Room Tip: Our "ocean view" room was priced only slightly more than a "park view" room, and are a bit larger than than the park view rooms. Well worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank SFCAcruiser
Reviewed 27 May 2014

There only one reason to book the Nikko Hotel Odaiba: the view. And what a view! I just couldn't stop taking pictures of Tokyo Bay, Rainbow Bridge, the stattue of Liberty and so much more. This might very well be the best view available in Tokyo. Keep in mind that all rooms face the water, but not all of them have a view of Rainbow Bridge and the Tokyo skyline. I'm happy I paid the little extra to be assured of the very best view.

While one pays for the view, the room certainly isn't bad. My room (#1324) was spacious, clean, comfortable and beautiful. By usage of a lot of wood, the room has a warm and welcoming atmosphere. At the same time the many blue accents emphasize of nautic theme of the hotel. All rooms have a little balcony. Inside the room these's a big sofa facing the outdoors. Just enjoy the ships going by and the tourists flocking downstairs. The curtains are remote controlled, so one can wake up, press a button and admire that view once more. Internet via wifi and cable is available for free and was much faster and more reliable than in the average hotel.

While the hotel is huge, the staff still managed to give the service a personal touch. After a little chat with one of the doorwomen, she recognized me again and we exchanged some pleasant small talk every day. Breakfast was decent, but roomservice doesn't have a single vegetarian or vegan meal on the menu. This meant I had to go out to dinner every single day.

Odaiba is basically a "party island". Next door are Lego land, Madame Tussauds, Joypolis, Fuji TV studios, Miraikai science museum, the trick art museum and countless shopping malls. However, every visit to the Tokyo mainland requires a 15 minute train ride (hotel Nikko is right at the exit of Daiba station of the Yurikamome line, so no long walks with heavy luggage). For having fun the Odaiba location can't be beat, but travelling to the mainland everyday can be tiresome. The hotel offers several buss lines to airports, shinkansen stations and Disneyland.

A word of warning: while Tokyo Bay might be beatiful, it is also noisy. The freight ships docking on the other side of the bay never turn off their diesel engines, which basically means there always a booming ground noise in the entire hotel. Of course Nikko Hotels cannot help that, but it is something to keep in mind. Also, the guests outdoors can be somewhat noisy on warm days.

Would I stay here again? Well, I've seen the view and I've visited all attractions on Odaiba island so I've had my fun. Would I recommend this hotel? Yes, certainly; both for the room and the view.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra to be assured of a view of Rainbow Bridge.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo