3,538 results
All reviewsrainbow bridgeaqua cityoutdoor jacuzzistatue of libertydaiba stationthe executive loungeocean viewvenus fortfuji tvyurikamome lineshopping mallsmall balconyhaneda airportnight viewbeautiful hoteldiamond membertrain ride
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My daughter and I had a very busy business/pleasure trip in and around Tokyo, by which most of our time was controlled by my business partners. We staying in business hotels and (lovely, lovely) host homes during our two weeks there. By the time we met up again at the end of our stay, we were ready for a luxury hotel, and Hotel Nikko was superb. Not only did we not care about it's location (out away from the hustle and bustle of Shinjuku, Shibuya, etc.), but we LOVED it's location away from it all, yet just next door to a mall for last minute gifts and choices galore for meals. Also, super convenient to the light rail, so arriving is a breeze and getting over to Tokyo also easy. Great location to public transportation!! great plus!
What I did not like was the uber charge for the swimming pool/spa area. And, that children under 18 are not allowed. I think they were charging ¥3500 for use of the area, AND no 15 year olds. While I can agree to an age range (maybe?, say 12 and under), but not allowing me and my daughter to enjoy a dip in their precious pool (even if we were willing to pay $70 to do so-NOT) was a big turn-off. Sorry, nice hotel, but…really?

Room Tip: We had a room facing the bay and park. It was nice, but nicer would be facing Tokyo. Those rooms, if I remember correctly, are more expensive. I wouldn't pay, if I were a guest again, because the room looking over the park and bay is also very nice.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel in May of 2014. I landed in Haneda and took a taxi to the hotel. It was about 20 minutes or so and the fare ran around 50 USD. I came in at 5am and the staff was able to accomodate my early check-in, which was appreciated. The lobby is quite impressive and the rooms were also big and comfortable. I had a higher floor with a view of the water from my room. There is a balcony but it is pretty tiny. It is ok if you are looking to go out and get a breath of fresh air but not much more than that. The bathrooms were of a good size and I enjoyed the heated toilet seat.

The location of this hotel is perfect in my opinion. It is close to many tourist attraction on Daiba island. I was able to walk to a great many things from my hotel all in just one day. I met friends in the evening for dinner at one of the restaurants in the hotel and enjoyed my food and the wonderful atmosphere. I also ordered room service on my arrival and had the Japanese breakfast, it was delivered on time and was delicious. I would definitley stay here again if I am in Tokyo again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank JimSingh11
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My wife and I like to get out of our home from time to time. It is nice to have someone else to make your meals and clean your room for you. And it is also good to be able to stay at a hotel with good amenities, and a convenient location.

We chose the Nikko Hotel because of it's location (only 20 minutes from our home), it's proximity to shopping (almost inside one of Tokyo's largest shopping districts), and because of the hotel's wonderful view of the Rainbow Bridge and the Tokyo skyline. We also wanted to enjoy the hotel's indoor pool, and outdoor onsen (open air bath).

Access to the Nikko Hotel is easy enough, one can take the Yurikamome "robot" train from either Shimbashi Station (only 2 stops frpm Tokyo Station), or you can take the water bus (ferry) from Asakusa. The station and the dock are a short walk from the hotel. The Yurikamome line train is the fastest and least expensive way to get to the hotel, a taxi would have to navigate the highway and bridge, which can be difficult and expensive if traffic is heavy.

The Nikko Hotel is located in the Odaiba area of Tokyo. "Odaiba" means "great fort" in Japanese. If you look at the bay from the hotel, you will see some square islands with stone walls. These were originally built to protect the entrance to Tokyo, and were the first line of defence for the Shogun's castle (at the time, this castle was the largest in the world). Now Odaiba is home to no less than 4 shopping malls, several nice parks, and a popular man-made beach.

The hotel itself is an interesting structure, and is built in a crescent shape. The outside of the crescent overlooks Tokyo Bay, the inside of the crescent overlooks a green park. The Tokyo Bay view is the better of the two. The lobby is very spacious, but often crowded, as the Nikko hotel is a popular wedding venue.

Our room was a deluxe double room, located on the upper floor, and the room had an excellent view of Tokyo Bay, the manmade beach, and Tokyo's Statue of Liberty, a smaller copy of the statue in New York City. The room was bright and airy, more like a Hawaiian hotel than a Tokyo hotel. The bathtub was large, and one can enjoy the Bay view while taking a bath. The room has the usual amenities such as a mini bar, slippers, bath robes, etc. Wifi is not included, but is available at extra cost.

The hotel restaurants are good, though not excellent. The Nikko Hotel is more family-oriented than other popular Tokyo hotels, and the restaurants offer good food at a reasonable price. The breakfast buffet is nowhere near as good as those at the Grand Hyatt, or Mandarin Oriental, but is filling, and relatively inexpensive.

There are numerous activities one can enjoy in the Odaiba area. The afore-mentioned 4 shopping malls offer numerous shopping options, and you can enjoy different cuisines at the many restaurants in the area. Recommended places are Tora-ji barbecue in the Diver-City mall, and you need to try a burger at Kuan Aina at the Decks shopping mall.

Access to Tokyo is easy by taking the Yurikamome train to Shinbashi Station, where you can transfer to the Yamanote train line, which will take you the more popular sites in the city. Access to the Disney resorts is easy as well, just take the Yurikamome line to Toyosu station, and transfer to the Yurakucho line to Shinkiba, the transfer to the Keio line to Maiham station, where the Disney resorts are located.

Our stay at the Nikko Hotel was pleasant. The room was large and comfortable, the amenities were sufficient. We loved the pool and the outdoor bath, and we were able to do a lot of shopping in the various malls. The room service meals we ordered were very good, and were delivered to our room promptly. I recommend the Nikko Hotel to anyone who wants to enjoy a pleasant stay in Tokyo.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sangetsu03
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights after a 6 days tour and really satisfied with everything of this hotel (big and comfortable room). We slept at 6 different hotels during our tour and found this is the best compare to those which claimed 4 and 5 stars from the tour company. We got free spa offer when booking on agoda, so we tried it out and love it after a long shopping trip. We really felt relaxed and refreshed after the hot bath, definitely worth a try out and well spent of money for the room charge. Location is another plus of this hotel, where you can easily walk to serveral malls around the area.
I would recommend taking the airport bus to the airport which you can buy ticket at front desk beforehand which is very convenience. The bus take 1hr15min to the airport and you got picked up at the hotel and drop off right at the airport entrance and they have people helping with your luggages too. Taxi in Japan is very expensive !!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TN-CAN
Reviewed 12 June 2014

After a certain number of stays there, this hotel is definitely a reliable address. Easy connections to Shinagawa Station or to Tokyo’s Exhibition Area Big Sight are helpful. Several good restaurants and among them, their Teppanyaki and Tempura restaurant are excellent. Ocean Dining for a so-called Mediterranean cuisine is by far the weakest of all their restaurants. One more time, this was the case this time.

Room Tip: ask for a room towards sea side
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business