“Great value and location.”

Hotel Asia Center of Japan
Ranked #22 of 117 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

This was our first hotel in Japan, but we knew to expect small rooms and a smaller bed than we are used to in the UK.
Easy to find from the subway station, and a simple check in process as we were booked in already. Room was not as small as I had expected, perfectly adequate size for 2 of us with luggage, with a desk & chair, fridge, hairdryer and compact bathroom.
Robes and slippers provided as well.

We had breakfast included which is a buffet of western and Japanese foods, all freshly cooked and tasty with coffees and juices.

Only a couple of minutes from subway, 5 minutes walk to midtown and about 10 minutes to Rappongi.

Great choice, would stay again and definitely recommend for value and location.

1  Thank SimonJ68_UK

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights. Location is great: close to the ginza line. Quick to shibuya, shinjuku, roppongi etc. but very quiet room. Free breakfast included which was decent enough. Small room and bed but it says that in the description so no surprises. Staff were all very pleasant.

Only downside really was no wifi in the rooms which I would expect in any hotel nowadays, especially in a city like Tokyo.

Overall decent value and would stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ch9sab
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed here for 2 days, I would say it is good for a rating, convenient to the train station, there's restaurant at the lobby which is great, very accommodating staff and we slept comfortably, except we can still smell the smoke of cigarette when you go outside the room.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Did do a lot of research for choosing where to stay in the city and finally ended up at this hotel because of loads of positive reviews on Tripadvisor. I am very happy I did. The room was spacious, beautifully decorated and well located. The staff was helpful, attentive and friendly. I diid enjoy to stay here. Definitely stay here again for the next planned trip. Highly recommend to stay here!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank David M
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed twice in this hotel during the first week of October this year and again currently staying during this third week of October. Although our initial impression was that the rooms were small, we had to revise our opinion after staying in other cities of Japan during this current trip. To begin with, all of the the front desk people speak good English and extremely helpful. The check-in process was very quick and although we had arrived earlier than the check-in time, the person at the front deck allowed us an early check-in. The room is quite spacious by Japanese standards for the money charged. The room is also well equipped with all necessary items including a fairly big sized water kettle. The bed is comfortable. The table in the room has three drawers which come in handy. Water bottles are kept in the cooler box at the lobby for free use of the customers. I found this in contrast to the other hotel I stayed where the water bottles were rationed. The complementary breakfast is also very good with a nice spread. Although we are vegetarians, we had no problem whatsoever what with the spread of cereals, choice of fruit and vegetable juices, bread, salad with choices of dressing, cut fruits and eggs(eggs allowed in our diet). In fact my wife also enjoyed the Japanese rice with yogurt and fermented bean curd. The Aoyoma-Itchome subway station is just under 10 minutes of walking. The entrance of the subway closer to the hotel on the Gaeinhigashi dori can be a bit confusing. From the hotel turn left and you will see Gaeinhigashi Dori a main road perpendicular to the road you are walking. Turn right on this road. You will pass by a Family mart on to your left. Keep walking till you see another Family mart on to your left at an intersection with traffic signal. Next to this family mart is a parking lot and adjacent to the parking lot is the entrance to the subway. It is in fact exit no.4 of the subway and one of the entrances to the Aoyoma Twin building. You can get groceries, bread and other daily needs in the family mart. There are many eating joints including two Indian restaurants on Gaeinhigashi dori close to Asia Center. In case you are checking out of the hotel to visit some other parts of a Japan and coming back to this hotel as we did, you can store any of your luggage that you do not want to carry with you, in the hotel at a nominal sum of 200 yens per piece per night. All in all taking into account the basic comfort, location, friendly and english speaking staff, this hotel would be our first choice whenever we visit Tokyo next and would certainly recommend this hotel to all our friends.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
6  Thank Ananda H
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I found this hotel very comfortable & also in a very good location with a good price.. breakfast is included & is good (continental & Japanese option), the rooms are clean and comfortable.. the bathroom is small but not too small.. also very clean.. the only bad thing is the WiFi connection is only available on the lobby.. you can have wire connection on the room but for mobiles is only available on the lobby.. is 5 min walk from the subway (Aoyama-itchome exit 3) to the hotel.. nice restaurants in the way from the subway to the hotel.. is very quiet hotel and the personnel at the lobby very friendly and English speakers. you can take a shuttle to the airport from an other hotel very close (only 1 subway station) but they provide you all the information an the schedule.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank torre19
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I visited Japan for the first time very recently, and bookended my holiday in Tokyo, where I stayed with the Hotel Asia Center for several days. I was able to get a room there each time with little prior booking (I only had loose plans for each day) and found the rooms spotlessly clean with various appreciable amenities (kettle, hair dryer, air conditioning, breakfast, easily-accessible computers in the lobby, etc) and best of all, the staff were always a delight to deal with. They all spoke very good English and were typically pleasant and helpful - I often found them helping other travellers with directions within the city. I don't think I've ever had a better lodging experience. They even took my picture for their Facebook page and gave me a parting gift on my penultimate day. Marvellous!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank the_guttersnipe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minato
Hotel Grand Fresa Akasaka
#25 of 117 in Minato
Nippon Seinenkan Hotel
Nippon Seinenkan Hotel
#44 of 83 in Shinjuku

Been to Hotel Asia Center of Japan? Share your experiences!