“A Very Satisfying Stay”

Ranked #29 of 109 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Singapore, Singapore
“A Very Satisfying Stay”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed for 5 nights at Hotel Asia based entirely on the recommendations of fellow tripadvisors. Hence all my positive comments will just be a repeat of the good comments already mentioned here for example:
1. Clean tidy rooms (I stayed in the new wing). Looking at the photos to get an idea of their room size first would help.
2. Good breakfast spread.
3. Close (about 8 mins walk for me) to Aoyama-itchome subway station (3 lines go through here to Shinjuku, Shibuya and Ginza)
4. Very helpful front desk staff (printed JR Narita Express schedule for me or promptly delivered extra pillow when I requested for one)

Some other minor points I liked about Hotel Asia were that the windows in the rooms could be opened (I like to open the window in the morning) and it opened into a courtyard. The hotel situated in a quiet residential area was very relaxing.
I paid about Yen11,000 per nite which I found very reasonable because of its location. My brother and his wife were on a business trip and stayed at the Ritz-Carlton one station away (Rappongi) and its close proximity was a huge plus!

There are a couple of small restaurants just on the main road before entering the lane to Hotel Asia. I found the curry tonkatsu (about Yen 720) pretty good and better than anything I could find here in Singapore for that kind of price.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms in the new wing have bathrooms where the entrance and floor level are at the same level as...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Henry066_11

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
bristol
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Paid around 220£ for 4 nights in may 2014, location was very good on the ginza line and only 10 minutes walk from the station.
Free breakfast was ample and filling, bacon, sausage, scramble eggs breads jams, cereals and plenty of choices with drinks, also there was local dishes to choose from.
Met on arrival with friendly faces and a very nice welcome, free bottled water from a fridge at the front and lots other items like toothpaste, combs, razors etc incase you had forgot anything.
Free wifi in the lounge area.
Washing machines upstairs,trouser press and you can hire a iron if needed.
The rooms are a bit on the small side, bed was comfy and there was a cupboard to hang clothes or store a bag.
The bathroom again was small, but im 6ft 6 and managed ok, you had the usual shower gel,shampoo included which was very useful.
Tv showed mostly local stuff, but did have bbc world service.
The one thing about tokyo is it does not really matter where you are, the metro is great/efficient and a day pass is 720 yen for the metro lines.
Would happily stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank brsgary
salt lake city, utah
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here twice during our Japan trip. We took the subway from the Haneda airport to the hotel (Metroline to Hamamatsucho transfer to Oedo line Daimon Station to Aoyama-itchome stop. The hotel was a little hard to find late at night but we figured it out. There are many exits to this busy stop, but easiest is exit 4 go left to first street and then a right to next street past family mart and noodle shop (24 hrs very convenient) look for sign to hotel and go left up a residential street. Our first 3 night stay was in the older section but we booked using our American Express membership points so it was fine. It is a low rise hotel, very simple and clean in a quiet neighborhood. We really appreciated the included breakfast, all the free water bottles you need, and the ease of doing our laundry. The staff spoke English and were very helpful with directions to and fro. We stayed one night in the new section with a great view of the Tokyo tower from the 5th floor. We will definitely return here again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank starrymisu
Albuquerque NM
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This is a hotel in one of the most desirable areas of Tokyo. It is close to two subway stations with four different lines that can connect you to anywhere in the city and beyond. It is in a quiet area, not like hustle bustle of chaotic Shinjuku and Shibuya. This is my second stay in a year. I liked the location, service, price and facilities. As a matter of fact it has everything we need, coin laundry room with an ironing board and a trouser press, PC in the lobby, breakfast and free bottled water. Since the hotel is in the walking distance to the National Stadium (the Olympic Stadium) I imagine it will be booked full when Tokyo will host the Olympic games in 2020. I had a single room this time. There are many reasonably priced restaurants, convenience stores and a super market in the vicinity. The room is not very small compared to many other Tokyo business hotels of similar prices. I'd give five stars but the mattress in my room was desparately in need of replacement so the four stars.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Tangarini
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel middle of May 2014 and I was very pleased with it. For the money and convenience of the hotel, this was best the value of any hotel I stayed at while in Japan. While Aoyama-Itchome station is not on the JR line, it was only two stops from a JR station (Yoyogi) and only one more after that to Shinjuku station (another JR line and a central hub; and I think it was 170 YEN to Shinjuku station). I know many people are saying it is a 10 minute walk, but if you take exit 4 like the hotel suggests it can not be more than 300 yards/meters to the hotel; the post office exit itself is not even a 10 minute walk to hotel. Staff was great, spoke great English and they had great tips. I recommend both Uoshin (one of the best meals I have ever had and Mocking Bird for superb Yakitori). The room itself was very clean, while small by American standards, it was slightly bigger than the rest I stayed. The only knock I have is that the only had smoking rooms (I requested non-smoking). However, the had the room cleaned and I could barely noticed the smell, but it did keep me from giving them a 5 star review. Overall great hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Dan H
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I read a lot of reviews. Could not decide what section of Tokyo to stay in. It doesn't matter!! The subway and train system is so great, that wherever you stay, it is about a 10 minute walk to a station. Hotel Asia Center is a great deal.
This is a small hotel on a residential street about 10 minutes walk from Aoyama-Itchome station. The staff spoke excellent English. They were so friendly and had lots of good advice. I would like to suggest you try to get into a Twin Room. There are two beds which are very comfortable. The bathroom is very small but very new. It reminded me of a cruise stateroom bathroom. If you have a foreign passport the breakfast is free and there is a lot of food. Croissants, butter, jam, hard boiled eggs, scrambled (not great), bacon. Also, congee, rice, a new smoked fish every day, salad, and miso soup. There are even two coffees, European (strong) and American (not as strong). Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: The staff will not promise a non-smoking room, but there are two floors of non-smoking. Request it...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank aslow
London
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

I booked the hotel as it's less than 5 mins walk from Aoyama-Itchome station giving easy access to Shibuya, Shinjuku and Roppongi. I've split my review into the hotel and then a few tips for getting around and from the airport.
1) I would describe the hotel as a basic business hotel tucked away in a quiet side road. Yes the rooms are small and the bathroom reminded me of a capsule! However this is Tokyo and the room was at a very reasonable price. The bed was not a true double by western standard and there was no in room safe but it was ok to leave valuables behind the desk. It had a small wardrobe and desk with room to have a suitcase out but not much else. You also have a small fridge and TV. Breakfast was ok with a mix of basic Western and Japanese. The Staff on the desk were all pleasant and spoke good English. In the reception there is good Wifi and also lots of maps and Tokyo guides. Another nice touch in reception was there is a fridge with free water bottles you could help yourself to. My only negative is that when arriving at 1PM they made me wait until 2PM to check-in.
2) In terms of location from the station it's 2 stops to Shibuya, 3 stops to Shinjuku and 1 to Roppongi although you can also walk to Roppongi in 10 mins, just walk out of the hotel and when you hit the main road go left and it's straight all the way. You also pass Tokyo midtown en route.
From Narita airport take the Narita express which stops at Shibuya then the metro to Aoyama-Itchome. Make sure you use Exit 4 East. There's also a handy map on the hotel website showing its location from the metro.
In summary I stayed 4 nights and would happily stay again for the price.

Stayed May 2014