“Average hotel, ok for the price”

Hotel Asia Center of Japan
Ranked #23 of 116 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Average pretty much sums up the hotel, but it's good value for the price. Average size rooms with very small bathroom, nice and clean.
No in-room wifi was annoying. If you stay, don't bother going to the breakfast, as that was definitely the worst part of the stay. Even if it's included in the price avoid it - I'd rather pay to have edible food.
On the plus side, the staff we're excellent - very friendly and helpful and made the stay enjoyable.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank wassenas

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

A very satisfying stay. Location is close to everything. Room was clean. Buffet breakfast was excellent, with lots of choices. Staff was very friendly and helpful and speak good english. Over all, would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a good place to stay but would still like to stay within their budget range.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank MommylovesLV
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here based in the Tripadvisor reviews. This was the end of our 3 week tour of Asia & this was far below standards what we got throughout Japan. The rooms have old furniture & they're a bit dingy. The nicest thing is that the rooms are big for Japanese hotel standards.
We stayed in Tsujiki the night before in a very nice & updated hotel that was cheaper than this one. It was the APA brand. Definitely check out the fish market!
Once we saw how dated this hotel was we hoped to move but it was too late to back out. This hotel is in a quiet neighborhood with not a lot going on. This is a plus for some but we liked being in the center of things. I recommend Shinjuku & Shibuya if your more into a happening neighborhood. The Roppongi neighborhood is a 0.8 mile walk away. We took the subway there the first time & spent just as much time walking underground that we did walking above ground for free.
I would say do your research. My husband & I prefer updated hotels even if they are small. If you don't mind outdated guest house type of rooms this hotel is for you.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Marci S
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed for 5 nights at Hotel Asia based entirely on the recommendations of fellow tripadvisors. Hence all my positive comments will just be a repeat of the good comments already mentioned here for example:
1. Clean tidy rooms (I stayed in the new wing). Looking at the photos to get an idea of their room size first would help.
2. Good breakfast spread.
3. Close (about 8 mins walk for me) to Aoyama-itchome subway station (3 lines go through here to Shinjuku, Shibuya and Ginza)
4. Very helpful front desk staff (printed JR Narita Express schedule for me or promptly delivered extra pillow when I requested for one)

Some other minor points I liked about Hotel Asia were that the windows in the rooms could be opened (I like to open the window in the morning) and it opened into a courtyard. The hotel situated in a quiet residential area was very relaxing.
I paid about Yen11,000 per nite which I found very reasonable because of its location. My brother and his wife were on a business trip and stayed at the Ritz-Carlton one station away (Rappongi) and its close proximity was a huge plus!

There are a couple of small restaurants just on the main road before entering the lane to Hotel Asia. I found the curry tonkatsu (about Yen 720) pretty good and better than anything I could find here in Singapore for that kind of price.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms in the new wing have bathrooms where the entrance and floor level are at the same level as...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Henry066_11
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Paid around 220£ for 4 nights in may 2014, location was very good on the ginza line and only 10 minutes walk from the station.
Free breakfast was ample and filling, bacon, sausage, scramble eggs breads jams, cereals and plenty of choices with drinks, also there was local dishes to choose from.
Met on arrival with friendly faces and a very nice welcome, free bottled water from a fridge at the front and lots other items like toothpaste, combs, razors etc incase you had forgot anything.
Free wifi in the lounge area.
Washing machines upstairs,trouser press and you can hire a iron if needed.
The rooms are a bit on the small side, bed was comfy and there was a cupboard to hang clothes or store a bag.
The bathroom again was small, but im 6ft 6 and managed ok, you had the usual shower gel,shampoo included which was very useful.
Tv showed mostly local stuff, but did have bbc world service.
The one thing about tokyo is it does not really matter where you are, the metro is great/efficient and a day pass is 720 yen for the metro lines.
Would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank brsgary
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here twice during our Japan trip. We took the subway from the Haneda airport to the hotel (Metroline to Hamamatsucho transfer to Oedo line Daimon Station to Aoyama-itchome stop. The hotel was a little hard to find late at night but we figured it out. There are many exits to this busy stop, but easiest is exit 4 go left to first street and then a right to next street past family mart and noodle shop (24 hrs very convenient) look for sign to hotel and go left up a residential street. Our first 3 night stay was in the older section but we booked using our American Express membership points so it was fine. It is a low rise hotel, very simple and clean in a quiet neighborhood. We really appreciated the included breakfast, all the free water bottles you need, and the ease of doing our laundry. The staff spoke English and were very helpful with directions to and fro. We stayed one night in the new section with a great view of the Tokyo tower from the 5th floor. We will definitely return here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank starrymisu
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This is a hotel in one of the most desirable areas of Tokyo. It is close to two subway stations with four different lines that can connect you to anywhere in the city and beyond. It is in a quiet area, not like hustle bustle of chaotic Shinjuku and Shibuya. This is my second stay in a year. I liked the location, service, price and facilities. As a matter of fact it has everything we need, coin laundry room with an ironing board and a trouser press, PC in the lobby, breakfast and free bottled water. Since the hotel is in the walking distance to the National Stadium (the Olympic Stadium) I imagine it will be booked full when Tokyo will host the Olympic games in 2020. I had a single room this time. There are many reasonably priced restaurants, convenience stores and a super market in the vicinity. The room is not very small compared to many other Tokyo business hotels of similar prices. I'd give five stars but the mattress in my room was desparately in need of replacement so the four stars.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo