“Good service”

Ranked #23 of 118 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Always pick this hotel for my Tokyo trips. Located in a quiet neighborhood and connected to JR station by a 5-min ride on hotel shuttle that runs every 15 minutes. Five-minute walk from Metro station otherwise. Room was very spacious compared to hotels in the busiest areas. Room facing the Japanese garden was a real treat. Staff were very helpful in making restaurant booking and arranging shipping of packages. Hotel was old but the upkeep was good. Old fashion but in a good way.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank YF212
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

We are pleased to hear about your positive experience at our hotel.
As you commented, our excellent concierge teams prepare for various kinds of maps, information and advise the best dining and shopping plan.
Additionally you can enjoy the changing colors of autumn leaves in our Japanese garden from late November to early December so we strongly recommend to stay here
in this season.

We appreciate your sincere feedback and hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again.

Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo

Write a ReviewReviews (1,659)

Reviewed 5 June 2014

It’s Sheraton but you don’t really get any Sheraton flavour…
Worst Sheraton I have been!

Many things on the bad side unfortunately:
- There is not a real “SPG preferred guests” line (neither for check in nor check out)
- Pool and Gym are “to pay” for non SPG members (!!! so why you list it in the hotels facilities)
- The design is oldish and not up to date for a 4 star hotel.
- Elevators are old, some level buttons are not working
- Rooms are not refreshed in the last 10 years.
- There is not Iron/Ironboard and asking for it you get the reply that you have to contact the housekeeping (had to ask 3 times)
- Informations on the website are misleading… gym close at 9pm, not 10pm … it’s hard to understand why they cannot let you use the gym when they keep open the Sauna?!?!?… I had my night plans messed up by they inability to let me exercise in a room that was basically open.
-… lines… even to join my colleagues at their table I had to make a line!… adding all the delays introduced by the hotel I ended up being late at my meeting.
- Pool (that is the only good thing of the hotel) is too hot

The location is not great neither… I would recommend everyone to spend their money elsewhere.

All the staff apologize for all the problems you have, they were very kind but if they feel so sorry why don’t they do something to fix it?

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
It is with great regret and concern that you had a bad experience while staying in my hotel.
Our hotel is 35 years old and our facilities might seem outdated in spite the fact that we are continuously renovating guest rooms every year.
Though we are careful all the inventory of iron and ironing board aren't gone out, I share your feedback with our housekeeping manager for the purpose of improving the operation of lending.
As for your commentary regarding charge of gym, our health club is mainly open to local memberships. Please understand that this facilities is not exclusive for hotel guests and we charge both members and hotel guests the usage fee.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The classic hotel with the excellent Japanese garden is located in a quiet area in Tokyo (10 min/1,000 yen from the center of Roppongi by taxi )
The staff is well trained and the price is reasonable, compaired with other branded hotels in the center of Tokyo. Please note that the nearest convenience store is located a 7-8 minute walk from the hotel.
Please also note that no ATM is available in the hotel, though foreign money exchange is obviously available.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Tokyo_Santa, マネージャー at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
I am very pleased with your positive comment to my staffs.
I am sure to pass along your kind remarks to my team.
Our hotel is located in one of Tokyo’s rich residential area so it is true that it is 7-8 minutes’ walk from the hotel to the nearest 24 hours-open convenience store.
We operate free shuttle service to JR Meguro station leaving about every 15 minutes and I recommend to use this shuttle for your shopping and dining out.
Our concierge prepare for various kind of maps, information so please get the advice there before you go out.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The hotel is located about 2 hours by Narita airport direct shuttle bus cost 3000 yen (US 26).
Location is not in the centre of everything. So you may find it hard if it's your first time to Tokyo.
Lobby is huge and check in was fast and easy. However, I am not sure if they understand my request upgrade to suites for starwood platinum member. Instead they offer me a deluxe room, that's pretty spacious and nice. A staff was guiding me to my room. He is very friendly speak with good English. He introduced me each room amenities and help me out set up the internet.

Room is big, clean with very traditional Japanese touch. Bathroom is old but very clean with the electric toilet seat as standard. Bed was comfortable. TV channel mostly are Japanese. So nothing much to watch at night. I haven't had enough to try the hotel facilities.

The hotel offer free shuttle bus to the nearby metro station. It takes around 5 mins and get off across Mc Donald. That's where you get on the bus back to hotel as well. I remember I took the green line up to reach Shinjuku station. It took 20 mins and the train was packed and busy. After I return from sightseeing at night. I miss the last shuttle bus around 10pm. I need to take cab back to hotel and cost around USD 10. It's easy to get a cab right at where you get on the free shuttle bus. Make sure you bring the hotel card to show the driver because most Japanese taxi drive can't speak English.

One thing I love about this hotel is the fablous, wonderful, delicious healthy clean breakfast in the morning. I would say its the best Sheraton breakfast. It has hot and cold dish from western and Japanese. Fresh squeeze juice and cut fruits. Bread, toast, chicken breast, salad, ham, cheese...and the breakfast area is very quiet surround by Japanese maple trees lot of green.

Remember to book your return shuttle bus back to airport when you check in at reception. Just avoid the bus may be fully booked. Enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: High floor with Garden view
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank SPG Platinum W
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback and for taking the time to post your comments.
We are pleased to hear about your positive experience at our hotel.
We share your feedback with our team for the purpose of improving our operations and services for future guests.
As you commented, we have shuttle bus service from hotel to Meguro railway & subway station. This shuttle departs every 15 minute and it takes 5 minutes to Meguro station. There are so many restaurants, bars and shops around Meguro station.
7 min walk to the nearest subway “Shirokanedai” station provides you the fastest and easiest access to the main terminal station such as Tokyo, Ginza, Shibuya, Shinjuku and Omote-sando.
Moreover, the prepaid card of Tokyo subway system is also usable for all trains, buses and for shopping in major convenience stores.
Our excellent concierge teams prepare for various kinds of maps, information and advise the best dining and shopping plan.
We strive to provide the best hospitality throughout all aspects of our property.

We hope you will remain a valued customer.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I arrived at thet hotel past midnight due to a delayed flight but was greeted warmly bt the check in gentleman. The hotel has different breakfast choices and the Japanese buffte was nice and different. One aspect that is very convenient is the shuttles that run to the nearby stations. The Japanese garden is nice and offers greenery.

Overall a wonderful stay at this Sheraton hotel

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Tokyo_Santa, マネージャー at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

We are pleased to hear about your positive experience at our hotel.
As you commented, we have shuttle bus service from hotel to Meguro railway & subway station. (Every 15 minute)
There are so many restaurants, bars and shops around Meguro station.
Better than that, A few glossary markets, 24 hours-open convenience store, 100 yen shop, liquor shop and some nice restaurants are within walking distance from the hotel.

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

As a starwood member, i exchanged my points for 3 night stay at Sheraton - this was the best choice ever.
Venue: As communicated, it is situated at a high end residential area and thus it is quiet and tranquil. But hotel provided convenient and frequent shuttle to meguro (whole day starting from 10am) and shinagawa station (early morn only). Also, the airport limousine stops right infront of the hotel. Meguro connects you to shibuya shunnjuku with a couple of stops.
Room: dated but well kept. Tidy and spacious. There's nothing really to complain about.
Service: although the service crew are not very well versed in english, whenever you need help, they will try their to provide for you. Attitude is impeccable. For my next trip, i will definitely opt for sheraton again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Tokyo_Santa, マネージャー at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
I am very happy to hear about your positive comment to our staff service.
As you say, our hotel is 35 years old and our facilities might seem outdated in spite the fact that we are continuously renovating guest rooms every year.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

This is a business traveler review, may not apply to holiday makers.
I travel on business to Tokyo a lot and this hotel always disappoints me (yes, i can change but I'm trying to use very limited Starwood brands in Tokyo). The hotel is physically very old so the rooms are extremely dated now. While the service from staff is generally OK as you would expect in Japan, I'm often disappointed with basic things at this hotel.

Despite booking a King room online, I'm always told only single beds are available at check-in. This is common practice for hotels and business travelers; sell off the single beds to leave the King rooms for couples - however its dishonest (I booked a King room) and I'm always too tired to argue. As a Platinum guest (or any guest) I'd at least expect to get the room I reserved. Despite being told no King Rooms are available (100%) - i check online and I'm offered King rooms.

Next, the quality of the breakfast buffet is poor (quality & selection) when comparing to other SPG hotels around Asia (or other hotels in Tokyo). Most hotels will at least let guests order eggs are certain way (how common is the egg station?)- this hotel has no egg station and charges for eggs that aren't part of the buffet breakfast. While the eggs in the buffet breakfast always run out and are very poor quality. I avoid eating at this hotel as much as possible. Sounds petty when when you spend a lot of time in hotels there's basics you get used to - a good quality breakfast is certainly one. So If you're on business I'd suggest to avoid this hotel. The location is ok (Meguro), which is a quiet area, there are many better hotels to stay at than this one. Regular guests would also have to pay for the gym/pool.

My expectation is that Starwood will likely sell this hotel in the coming years to a cheaper hotel chain as it is not in line with Starwood / Sheraton quality for a full service property.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank oztravellerguy
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.

I am very sorry that our front staff held back of providing the king size bed room. Our rule is, of course, if someone book a room category whose description says “this room has a king size bed room”, we must offer a room with king size bed. I will be sure to share your feedback with front team and also review online booking systems whether or not the room description of each category is correct.
I also apologize egg menu in our buffet had been always run out. I assure we will improve our buffet breakfast operation and service.

Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo

Also consider these accommodations in or near Minato
The Prince Park Tower Tokyo
#9 of 78 in Chiyoda
Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi
Mitsui Garden Hotel Ginza Premier
Ana Intercontinental Tokyo

Been to Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo? Share your experiences!