“Likely To Stay Again”

Ranked #23 of 118 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Reviewed 31 July 2014

PROS:

- Clubby, classic lobby lounge is perhaps the best in the entire Sheraton chain.
- Caring and efficient staff fulfill requests quickly with a smile.
- Renovated rooms are clean, comfortable and extremely spacious by Tokyo standards.
- Attentive and friendly bell staff never miss a beat.
- Underground shops include a beauty salon, dental and medical clinic.
- Room service is fast and the quality of food is outstanding.

CONS:

- In-room thermostat had absolutely no effect on the ambient temperature, which while comfortable was slightly too warm for me personally.
- Fitness center requires a JPY 1600 payment per visit (or per day?) and has limited equipment.
- The location, in a quiet residential area, may appeal to some who value peace and quiet, but requires a taxi, shuttle ride or long walk to the nearest subway or JR station.
- One of the guestroom lifts was out of service during my visit, though I suspect this is only a short-term drawback.

SUMMARY:

The Miyako hotel is an older property with a rich history. It is my understanding that many of the rooms have been renovated, but in clusters over a period of several years rather than all at once. I was fortunate enough to stay in one of the most recently renovated rooms, which had a modern and comfortable Sheraton feel. The view of the garden and trees from my room and the lounge was lovely and calming, and was smartly lit up at night. I was generally quite pleased with my guest experience. While the Sheraton Miyako will probably not become my first choice in Tokyo, I found it to be an excellent value for money and I will likely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask the staff for one of the most recently renovated rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank GlobalTrekPro
Tokyo_Santa, マネージャー at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
I am very happy to hear about your positive comment to our staff service.
Our hotel is located in one of Tokyo’s rich residential area so it is true that it is 7-8 minutes’ walk from the hotel to the nearest 24 hours-open convenience store.
We operate free shuttle service to JR Meguro station leaving about every 15 minutes and I recommend to use this shuttle for your shopping and dining out.
Our concierge prepare for various kind of maps, information so please get the advice there before you go out.
As for your commentary regarding charge of gym, our health club is mainly open to local memberships. Please understand that this facilities is not exclusive for hotel guests and we charge both members and hotel guests the usage fee.

We appreciate your sincere feedback and hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again.

Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo

Write a ReviewReviews (1,661)

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Hotel Location is good,however its hard for finding any restaurant around ,they have Metro shuttle Bus which is good service.
And for people who speak English will find difficulty dealing with the hotel staff even its Sheraton (Starwood).
Food after 22:00 is not available unless you order Salad only.
Staff are friendly.
but i would definitely not stay again here.

Room Tip: Be Sure that your room request are delivered correct since there room type is different.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AhmedBaghdadi
Tokyo_Santa, マネージャー at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
It is with great regret and concern that you had a bad experience while staying in my hotel.
I am sorry that our hotel staff couldn't speak English. We never ignore global market because nowadays global guests occupy 40% of our room reservation so we rather puts effort into global market.
We try to improve staff's working knowledge of English and make a reshuffle of our personnel based on linguistic ability, however, I understand this is not yet enough.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

The room was what is usually expected from a Sheraton but larger with an enchanting view of the serene gardens that abut the hotel. The service and the fare at the restaurants were superb. And the convenient shuttle to a nearby rail station rounded up a fantastic week-long visit to this exciting city.

Room Tip: Ask for garden view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Carlos60750
Tokyo_Santa, マネージャー at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
I appreciate your wonderful review of our hotel.
I am very happy to hear about your positive experience in my hotel and will be sure to pass along your kind remarks to my team.
We all hope to see you the next time you are in Tokyo!

Customer Service

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Great hotel, walking distance to public transit, helpful & friendly staff, beautiful gardens, & spacious room. Used Starwood points with no hassles/no problems. (Visited in April 2012). I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
We are pleased to hear about your positive experience at our hotel.
As you commented, we have shuttle bus service from hotel to Meguro railway & subway station. This shuttle departs every 15 minute and it takes 5 minutes to Meguro station. There are so many restaurants, bars and shops around Meguro station.
7 min walk to the nearest subway “Shirokanedai” station provides you the fastest and easiest access to the main terminal station such as Tokyo, Ginza, Shibuya, Shinjuku and Omote-sando.
Our excellent concierge teams prepare for various kinds of maps, information and advise the best dining and shopping plan.
We are thankful you chose to stay with us and look forward to seeing you again next time.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We just spent one night here on a recent holiday. The room was a good size and we had a double room as we were traveling with my niece. There were two double beds which are probably 50% wider than a twin so my husband and I had to squeeze a bit but it was OK. The staff were friendly and helpful.

We were going to go out for dinner but it was raining heavily so we at the western restaurant called California. The food was OK, but pricey for what you got--but that is to e expected for a hotel restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
We are pleased to hear about your positive experience at our hotel.
The live Jazz performance in our lobby lounge is very popular among our guests.
Also we hold Sheraton Social Hour in our bar from everyday from 17:00pm to 20:00 pm. You can enjoy Starwood’s Specialty Select Wine by the glass from the excellent winery all over the continent.
We hope you will remain a valued customer.

Customer Service

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Just check in yesterday, the front desk lady could not find my two bookings for two rooms seven nights. Told her that we called two weeks ago and they confirmed my two bookings; after taking 20 minutes we got our two rooms. The front desk lady was so rude that she's not letting me talk and of course no smile or a word for welcome. The impression of the entire experience was you're giving me trouble and more work. Being gold member, it doesn't do any good. Disappointed!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Wendy L

I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
It is with great regret and concern that you had a bad check in experience.
I am deeply sorry for the unacceptable treatment that you have received from our front staff.
This front staff was given a serious warning and I also share your feedback with all front staffs for the purpose of reviewing their interaction and communication skill with guests and their manners.

All of us here hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Good hotel with pool, excellent breakfast and very very kind staff!
The Hotel is in a very good position, the room is clean and big. The Gym it's a little bit small, but there is a fantastic poll. Good price

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Tokyo_Santa, マネージャー at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
I am very pleased with your positive comment to my staffs.
I am sure to pass along your kind remarks to my team.

Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo

Also consider these accommodations in or near Minato
The Prince Park Tower Tokyo
#9 of 79 in Chiyoda
Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi
Mitsui Garden Hotel Ginza Premier
Ana Intercontinental Tokyo

Been to Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo? Share your experiences!