“Tranquility and Luxury”

Ranked #21 of 109 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Sydney, Australia
“Tranquility and Luxury”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We arrived at the hotel at 10 am, considerably earlier than the 2 pm check in. We had just finished a 20 hour journey and had been travelling around the globe for nearly 2 months, so were feeling a little weary. So it was very welcome news when the receptionist told us they would get a room ready for us now, sitting us down in their lounge with lovely garden views with some complimentary drinks and warm face towels whilst the room was prepared. That set the tone for the rest of the stay. The concierge was fantastic, made lots of bookings and gave us all the maps and information we needed to make the most of our time. They also run complimentary shuttle services to nearby stations every 15 mins which we used several times. Very impressive.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TheMerryMan
Tokyo_Santa, マネージャー at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
We are pleased to hear about your positive experience at our hotel.
As you commented, we have shuttle bus service from hotel to Meguro railway & subway station. This shuttle departs every 15 minute and it takes 5 minutes to Meguro station. There are so many restaurants, bars and shops around Meguro station.7 min walk to the nearest subway “Shirokanedai” station provides you the fastest and easiest access to the main terminal station such as Tokyo, Ginza, Shibuya, Shinjuku and Omote-sando.Our excellent concierge teams prepare for various kinds of maps, information and advise the best dining and shopping plan.
We are thankful you chose to stay with us and look forward to seeing you again next time.

Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Mountain View, California
Reviewed 16 August 2014

After a long flight, this hotel was a sight for sore eyes. the CUTEST thing u'd ever see. After checking in, a cute Japanese girl offered to help carry my computer bag and small suitcase in her "charlie brown" wheel barrel. so cute. so fun
Suite required suite night award. Oversized room. For you platinum members, they do not have suites with separate rooms. But over sized room was nice. My 16 year old son was acting like a 10 year old and playing with our Japanese toilet. the sprays, the heated seat, the blow dryer. Cleanliness!!!
Yes, hassle to get to train station. Need to take complimentary bus but works out
Rate was reasonable. I think $169 .... and used my platinum status to receive breakfast buffet in morning. Functional breakfast but nothing elaborate like what I experienced in Thailand or Cambodia.
Overall, great room for the rate. evening drinks in the lobby while listening to live music was fun!!!

Room Tip: Use suite night awards .... important to call ahead or have starwood transfer you to hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Tokyo_Santa, マネージャー at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
I am very happy to hear about your positive comment to our staff service.
The live Jazz performance in our lobby lounge is very popular among our guests.

chicago
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed at the Sheraton Miyako a few weeks ago. It was an great place to stay. The staff are so helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean and comfy and spacious by Asian standards. My daughter developed a bladder infection while we were in Japan. We went to the front desk and found that this hotel has a dental and doctor's offices right in the hotel. No appointment is necessary, we went down, she saw the doctor, got her tested and given an antibiotic all within 25 minutes. The cost was only $66.00. We couldn't believe it. The doctor was so nice along with the rest of the staff. The free shuttle service to the trains is also a life saver. They run a nice schedule for the shuttle. The garden there is beautiful but it was very mosquito infected. We got very bit up but again we went to the front desk and asked about what to use on the bites. They wrote down in Japanese the name of the cream and went right down the road to a pharmacy. This cream worked liked a charm and I bought more to take home. The Sheraton Miyako will be on my list for future visits to Japan, but I won't go in July and August again. It was a little to hot to me.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed to be good.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Tokyo_Santa, マネージャー at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
I am very happy to hear about your positive comment to our staff service.
Our hotel is located in one of Tokyo’s rich residential area so it is true that it is 7-8 minutes’ walk from the hotel to the nearest 24 hours-open convenience store.
We operate free shuttle service to JR Meguro station leaving about every 15 minutes and I recommend to use this shuttle for your shopping and dining out.Our concierge prepare for various kind of maps, information so please get the advice there before you go out.
Additionally you can enjoy the changing colors of autumn leaves in our Japanese garden from late November to early December so we strongly recommend to stay here in this season.

We hope you will remain a valued customer.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We recently stayed at the Sheraton Miyako and had a great experience. The rooms were spacious (by Asia Standards) and were very clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. The gardens were beautiful. We thought the location was great with 2 subway stations within walking distance and the free hotel shuttle to the train station. We enjoyed the garden located on the grounds, but also enjoyed walking through the neighborhood where we found a great little playground and a small market to stock up on breakfast items. Meals at the Sheraton were to be expected (very expensive), but there were several restaurants within walking distance. We also enjoyed walking to the Happon-en garden for the tea ceremony. The air-con could use some service (we enjoy our rooms VERY cold). But overall, we were very happy with the Sheraton Miyako and will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the garden.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Tokyo_Santa, マネージャー at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
We are pleased to hear about your positive experience at our hotel.
As you commented, we have shuttle bus service from hotel to Meguro railway & subway station. (Every 15 minute)
There are so many restaurants, bars and shops around Meguro station.
Better than that, A few glossary markets, 24 hours-open convenience store, 100 yen shop, liquor shop and some nice restaurants are within walking distance from the hotel.
I am very happy to see a word of praise given to our concierge desk and am sure to pass along your kind remarks to concierge team.
We are thankful you chose to stay with us & look forward to seeing you again then next time

Minato, Japan
Reviewed 31 July 2014

PROS:

- Clubby, classic lobby lounge is perhaps the best in the entire Sheraton chain.
- Caring and efficient staff fulfill requests quickly with a smile.
- Renovated rooms are clean, comfortable and extremely spacious by Tokyo standards.
- Attentive and friendly bell staff never miss a beat.
- Underground shops include a beauty salon, dental and medical clinic.
- Room service is fast and the quality of food is outstanding.

CONS:

- In-room thermostat had absolutely no effect on the ambient temperature, which while comfortable was slightly too warm for me personally.
- Fitness center requires a JPY 1600 payment per visit (or per day?) and has limited equipment.
- The location, in a quiet residential area, may appeal to some who value peace and quiet, but requires a taxi, shuttle ride or long walk to the nearest subway or JR station.
- One of the guestroom lifts was out of service during my visit, though I suspect this is only a short-term drawback.

SUMMARY:

The Miyako hotel is an older property with a rich history. It is my understanding that many of the rooms have been renovated, but in clusters over a period of several years rather than all at once. I was fortunate enough to stay in one of the most recently renovated rooms, which had a modern and comfortable Sheraton feel. The view of the garden and trees from my room and the lounge was lovely and calming, and was smartly lit up at night. I was generally quite pleased with my guest experience. While the Sheraton Miyako will probably not become my first choice in Tokyo, I found it to be an excellent value for money and I will likely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask the staff for one of the most recently renovated rooms.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank GlobalTrekPro
Tokyo_Santa, マネージャー at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
I am very happy to hear about your positive comment to our staff service.
As for your commentary regarding charge of gym, our health club is mainly open to local memberships. Please understand that this facilities is not exclusive for hotel guests and we charge both members and hotel guests the usage fee.

We appreciate your sincere feedback and hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again.

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Hotel Location is good,however its hard for finding any restaurant around ,they have Metro shuttle Bus which is good service.
And for people who speak English will find difficulty dealing with the hotel staff even its Sheraton (Starwood).
Food after 22:00 is not available unless you order Salad only.
Staff are friendly.
but i would definitely not stay again here.

Room Tip: Be Sure that your room request are delivered correct since there room type is different.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AhmedBaghdadi
Tokyo_Santa, マネージャー at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
It is with great regret and concern that you had a bad experience while staying in my hotel.
I am sorry that our hotel staff couldn't speak English. We never ignore global market because nowadays global guests occupy 40% of our room reservation so we rather puts effort into global market.
We try to improve staff's working knowledge of English and make a reshuffle of our personnel based on linguistic ability, however, I understand this is not yet enough.

San Diego, California
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The room was what is usually expected from a Sheraton but larger with an enchanting view of the serene gardens that abut the hotel. The service and the fare at the restaurants were superb. And the convenient shuttle to a nearby rail station rounded up a fantastic week-long visit to this exciting city.

Room Tip: Ask for garden view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Carlos60750
Tokyo_Santa, マネージャー at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
I appreciate your wonderful review of our hotel.
I am very happy to hear about your positive experience in my hotel and will be sure to pass along your kind remarks to my team.
We all hope to see you the next time you are in Tokyo!

Customer Service
Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minato
Shibuya / Harajuku / Ebisu
Park Hotel Tokyo
#6 of 109 in Minato
Shinagawa / Gotanda
The Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo

Been to Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo? Share your experiences!