“Two nights in Tokyo”

Ranked #1 of 109 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Manila, Philippines
“Two nights in Tokyo”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We were here with a group for company visits. The hotel is gorgeous. The rooms are large, beds comfortable, and appreciated the heated floor in the bathroom. Appointments are excellent. Although breakfast did not include fresh juices, the eggs benedict were the best I have had. Would definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Cynthia N
Hotel R, Conrad Tokyo at Conrad Tokyo, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
What great feedback – thank you! We are glad that you came back to visit us once again and so happy to hear that you had another enjoyable stay with us.
Thank you so much for your comments on our service, which will be shared with the team.
I certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the Conrad Tokyo soon. Thank you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Finland
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Arrived early at Conrad, but got still an room although 2 hours before official check in time.

Was upgraded to Executive floor. Lounge was fanstastic with nice food selections. Both evening food and breakfast was very good.

Room itself was OK and big plus for havning both shower and bathtub.

Staff without exception was very service comittted and helpful.

All in all a great hotel and I would definetely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank MustaPekka
Thank you for the fabulous comment.
We are happy that you were delighted with your stay.
Great that you enjoyed our service and facilities inclusive of the Executive Lounge on the 37th floor, where you can enjoy daily breakfast, snacks and cocktails throughout your stay.
Thank you for your great comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Conrad Hotel Tokyo was the best hotel we stayed in during our trip in Japan. The first two hotels were Hilton Osaka and Hilton Tokyo Bay. At first sight, i was awed by the room size and the bathroom design.

The breakfast buffet is what I always look forward to in 5-star hotels. Conrad didn't dissapoint. On the two breakfasts I had there, I ate with a superb view of the skyline. The eggs benedict are to die for.

2 Thank Joy L
What great feedback we have received from you!
The team and I are delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay here at the Conrad Tokyo.
Great to hear that you liked our large guest room, the magnificent view over Tokyo Bay and the breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
San Francisco
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stayed at the Conrad (C) last week before venturing out of Tokyo for a few days, and now we're staying at the Mandarin Oriental (MO) on our return to the city. MO is about 10% more expensive and is worth every extra penny - SO much nicer/better than the C, in every regard.

My biggest problem/frustration with the C was with my booking and room assignment. I booked the "Conrad Be Yourself" plan which gives you the choice between free continental breakfast for two or an upgrade. We chose the upgrade because we get free breakfast as Hilton Gold Members. I let them know that the upgrade was our choice over two weeks in advance and received an email confirming it. Yet when we checked in, they said it was unavailable. I asked if my room rate would be adjusted down and they said no. We were exhausted from a very long flight and didn't want to argue so we went to our room. I later called and forwarded my confirmation email. After over 12hrs of silence we got many nice apologies, access to the Executive Lounge, the offer of a fruit plate and the addition of full American breakfast (eggs), but it wasn't enough. I bought a certain type of room and did not receive it - period. I shouldn't have to pay for something I didn't receive (we paid around $70 per night extra for the package).
I was wary of the huge list of room rate options on the website when I booked and should have listened to my gut.
Oh and another thing to note, the Executive Lounge is NOT worth much - small room crowded with people, with mediocre food and drink - don't pay up for it. I can't say whether club level rooms are better.
In terms of the Conrad Hotel itself - it's fine but not great.
The lobby allows smoking and the odor is strong in the evenings.
The décor in both the rooms and the common areas is uninspired.
Our corner King suite overlooking the bay (VERY nice view - might be worth paying extra for) was decently sized but the bathroom set up was unappealing and messy with the tub in the shower room - hard to describe but it resulted in water all over. And we were assigned a room right next to the service door/center - created a TON of noise which was truly a nightmare in conjunction with our jetlag.
Gym is just ok.
Location - close to a lot of things but we felt a little out of the loop. Like staying in Battery Park in NY.
There was always a long line at the front desk - hard to get service there quickly.
On a positive, the requests we made of the concierge in advance were handled perfectly.

All in all, an OK stay (even away from the ridiculous booking issue), but you can do SO much better for similar pricing. I cannot recommend the Conrad.

Room Tip: If views are important to you (and/or you like looking out on greenery) then it's probably worth...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank eh555
Hotel R, Mark Meaney - Director of Operations at Conrad Tokyo, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear eh555,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Conrad Tokyo and taking time for sharing your experience and I am sorry to learn your dissatisfaction with you stay at Conrad Tokyo, which is not typical of most people’s experience.

Without knowing the full details of your booking it is difficult to respond thoroughly. I am happy to look in to your booking in more detail if you contact me with the details at mark.meaney@conradhotels.com.

In general the rate you booked comes with the following terms and conditions :
The offer includes choice between an upgrade to the next best available room or daily breakfast for up to two persons for each night of the stay. Choice between room upgrade and breakfast is made at time of check-in and cannot be made in advance. Choice is subject to availability at time of check-in based upon availability for your entire length of stay. Breakfast offering varies by hotel but excludes room service. Please check with the hotel for further details on breakfast offering. Where room upgrades are unavailable at check-in, complimentary breakfast will apply.

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we do review all comments on an ongoing basis and use guest feedback to help set future policies and service initiatives.

It was a pleasure serving you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,

Mark Meaney
Director of Operations
Conrad Tokyo
Mark.meaney@conradhotels.com
Novato, CA
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This hotel is beautifully appointed and the staff are exceptionally helpful and professional. The view of Tokyo bay from the lobby side of the hotel is amazing. If possible ask for a room on this side. The guest rooms are luxuriously appointed and the service was of the highest caliber; be it the staff who escorts you and totes your baggage from the ground floor to the lobby, to room service or in the breakfast buffet, even a call for ice to the room arrives within five minutes of hanging up the phone! The location is great, you can walk easily to Shimbashi station (5 mins). Shiodome station and Ginza lines are out the front door and up or down the escalator. The concierge staff is English speaking, and very knowledgeable about how to get to where ever you may be going. As mentioned by another reviewer, we also noticed on some nights the inattentive service in the lobby bar which is disappointing especially at the price and the breakfast buffet is a bit weak and hot foods strangely room temperature even as they sit in chaffing dishes...but all that aside the appointments in the room and the English speaking staff and location make up for it and this would not be a reason to choose another hotel. The staff makes up for any inadequacies in the breakfast food and to assume that everything will be served "American" style would be presumptuous!

Room Tip: Tokyo Bay side for the view!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Hotel R, Conrad Tokyo at Conrad Tokyo, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Thank you very much and we are happy that you had an enjoyable stay with us.
Yes, we have great access to transportation and are located in walking distance to the Ginza, the famous shopping district in Tokyo.
Your valuable comments on the breakfast service have been shared with our respective managers to ensure that we will improve for the future.
Otherwise, we trust you had a nice stay with us and we certainly look forward to an opportunity to welcome you again in the future.
England
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This hotel has amazing views of the bay, the lobby is on the 28th floor and has a great bar. The rooms are big and comfortable, and the staff is very helpful.
Highly recommended, walking distance from the fish market, and shiodome station. Ginza and Tokyo station are also within walking distance.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Ema2006
Wonderful to hear that you were happy with our service and guest room facilities.
It is our greatest pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your stay. We would like to also thank you for your inputs about our convenient location, and most of all our proud friendly staffs.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I recently stayed at the Conrad while in Tokyo for a business conference, and definitely recommend the hotel.

The rooms were very nice, well maintained, modern and clean. The staff friendliness and helpfulness at the hotel (with one exception below) was exactly as one would expect from a Conrad in Tokyo: excellent.

WiFi speeds were very good.

The French press coffee at the breakfast was impressive and delicious!

A few things that keep me from giving a full 5 rating:

- Drink prices at TwentyEight bar/lounge are overpriced. 1800Y for a beer. My suggestion is to visit any of the buildings nearby / adjacent; there are several places where the exact same beverage is 800Y, I understand there would be a partial price uplift for ambiance, but 1000Y extra seems excessive.

- Lounge waiters and waitresses I experienced at TwentyEight were extremely slow and it was difficult to get their attention to order more 1800Y drinks. Granted this was an experience on a single night (14 October), but it was quite frustrating. This happened the entire evening. Between the service and the pricing, that was my only night remaining in the hotel for drinks or food.

- As just a Gold member I was not lucky enough for the room upgrade. While I appreciate the continental buffet, it was not nearly as diverse as many other hotels, and the upcharge of 900Y for getting some eggs was not worth it. I tried two different hot dishes, both were mediocre. My suggestion to the hotel is that for Gold/Diamond, simply include the hot breakfast as part of the included benefit.

Again, overall a very nice hotel and experience. I will definitely stay there again if the location is conducive to my meetings, and if the rates aren't too high (which they can be).

1 Thank PHLflyer S
Hotel R, Conrad Tokyo at Conrad Tokyo, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Thank you for your great feedback. We are so happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.
It was great to read your very positive comments on the service and various aspects of the product.
It is always gratifying to receive recognition for efforts made and I have passed on your comments to our team members who I am sure will be even more motivated.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minato
Odaiba / Shiodome / Shinbashi
Imperial Hotel Tokyo
Imperial Hotel Tokyo
#5 of 74 in Chiyoda
Shangri-La Hotel, Tokyo

Been to Conrad Tokyo? Share your experiences!