“Really nice place to stay while observing Tokyo”

the b akasaka-mitsuke
Ranked #47 of 109 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Moscow
“Really nice place to stay while observing Tokyo”
Reviewed 2 September 2010

We (me and my wife) have stayed in this hotel at April 2010.
The hotel is small but really nice. Surrounding area is full of nice bars and small restaurants. It is really interesting to explore this small district at night. A lot of lights at small nice shops and restaurants, music and smiling people :). It looks like managers from Akasaka business towers came here to get some beer and relax after hard work. I think this is nice place to feel like the part of local community but not just some gaijin.
The hotel has really nice location. Bit away from noise part of the district and only 40-60 steps away from underground station Akasaka-Mitsuke (if you not mind to pass narrow walking pass between two buildings). The station has connections to all main subway lines you need to observe Tokyo.
Hotels staff is friendly and nice.
The rooms are small (just like everywhere in Japan) but clean. I think you not going to Tokyo to spend days at hotel number anyway :).
Because of the volcanic activity at April we have lost two days (the flights was declined) and the hotel have returned money to us we don’t even expect this.
I absolutely recommend this hotel to those people who want to see the Tokyo and don’t mind to stay is some small but nice backstreet hotel.
We have planed new trip to Japan and I thin we stay here again.
If anyone would like to see some photos of our trip please fill free to contact me by e-mail.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alex_Sobolev

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed 21 April 2010

Definitely good value for money. Suitable for business strip and leisure. Small but fully equipped (a computer with free internet is provided in the room).

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WormyBirdy
sunaka, フロント オフィス マネージャー at the b akasaka-mitsuke, responded to this review, 29 July 2011
Dear Mr.Wormy Birdy

Thank you for your contribution.

But I wanto to apologize to you.

I removed the computer which was provided in the room to correspond with digital TV.

Because I began the rental service of the PC, please examine it next time.

Best regards,

Kazuhiko Otomo
Assistant Front Desk Manager
Washington DC
Reviewed 1 April 2010

I stayed at the Hotel Sunroute Akasaka for 2 nights from March 26-28. I really enjoyed staying at this hotel and I would definitely stay there again on a future trip to Tokyo. I paid 8,900 yen, which I felt was extremely reasonable for a downtown Tokyo hotel. My room was very nicely decorated and immacuately clean. The biggest surprise was that the room came with a computer (which doubles at a TV) with free internet access. This was a huge relief to me because I didn't have a computer with me. The room is small, as all Tokyo hotels are, but there was certainly enough space for me.

The hotel is just about a minute walk from the subway. It's on 2 different lines, the Ginza line and the Marunouchi lines. The Ginza line is one of the most popular lines for sightseeing destinations. It's only a few stops away from Tokyo Station on the Marunouchi line.

Akasaka is a great little neighborhood with lots of little restaurants and shopping. It doesn't really have any main tourist attractions, but it's nice to walk around and explore. It has a fun, upbeat vibe to it.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank cjb11711
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 August 2009

I was so glad to have paid a good bit more that the cost of a "Capsule" room. I got good rate on Orbitz and my room was as nice as the photos. Day time staff spoke english veary well and the night staff spoke well enoff. All got the job done "were helpfull" I could not find my @ key on the key pad in the room. he(night guy) showed me on his, it was rite there I just didn't see it. I hope to go again to Tokyo and Hotel Sunrout Akasaka. I had a great trip!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo