Hotel Villa Fontaine Tokyo-Shiodome
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Conrad Tokyo(Minato)
  • Pool
1,365 results
All reviewsshimbashi stationsumitomo buildingbusiness hotelfish marketcafeteria stylericemeatballswalking distanceginza areaimpressive lobbyunderground walkwaybusiness districttsukiji marketminute walkbreakfast was includedthe breakfast areayurikamome line
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was very surprised that the hotel was as nice as it was considering the price I paid was not very high. I thought the highlights were that breakfast was included (both Japanese and Western), availability of self serve laundry (every other floor), free wifi, and location. We were in this hotel towards the middle/end of our trip so it was great to be able to do a load of laundry.

As for location, it's near 2 stations: 1 minute from Shiodome station (via underground) and about 10 minutes from Shinbashi station via fully covered walkway. There are many dining places and convenient stores nearby so lots of choices for food. It was also about a 15 minute walk to Tsukiji Fish Market which was great as we walked down our last morning and enjoyed that before heading to the airport.

I would definitely recommend staying here and would not hesitate to stay here again (I will actually look here first on my next trip to Tokyo). The beds were a little hard so I did knock off 1 star for that.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rob C
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This hotel is about 10 years old, in a well-appointed location, and has rooms that offer a good balance of comfort and space for the price. There is no restaurant at the hotel but given the location it's not an issue; there is endless choice in restaurants, cafes and bars around Shiodome. The hotel does offer a free (though relatively mundane) breakfast in the lobby, and it has vending machines and washing/drying facilities on every floor, plus trouser presses in every room. It's a solid choice for a business trip.

Room Tip: Room 23 on each floor is near the vending machines, so if you get a room in the 30s or 40s it will be quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 May 2014

The hotel atrium is impressive, rooms are small and basic, but met our needs. I agree with others that the beds are hard. The location was ok, its in a new business district, so clean and quiet in the evenings but not the best in terms of choice for exciting restaurants, bars and entertainment. You are within about a 20min walk distance to Ginza which has more options, but otherwise its a trip on the underground. The nearby park is very nice, we enjoyed the tea ceremony there. The staff were helpful and they let us leave our bags when we went for a one night stay in Hakone, returning to the hotel the following night. I don't think I would stay there again just because I would like to try a different area of Tokyo, but I would recommend it to others as a solid option.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We have stayed at this property several times over the last few years. Initially, we were lured by the easy accessibility (the airport limosine stops at the nearby conrad), its proximity to Tsukiji, and the lure of Ginza. However, as we grow older, we find ourselves wishing the beds were not as hard. Thats right, the beds are rock hard. My back feels sore with the memory of the nights spent horizontal on those beds.

If this is not a problem the hotel itself is close to subway and JR stations. With the hustle and bustle of Shinbashi and Ginza at your doorstep there should be no lack of culinary and entertainment options. I especially love the breakfast provided in the morning.

In all a serviceable hotel in a nice area with great entertainment nearby. Just beware the hard beds.

Oh and wifi access is only available in the Lobby....do not ask why.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aiguebelle
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Stayed here on a business trip and found the service to be excellent, the hotel to be perfectly situated for my work in Shiodome and close to Ginza. Room was fine for this type of short trip and the breakfast provided a reasonable choice of continental and japanese food.

Room Tip: Check for availability on non-smoking rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business