“Great value and fully equipped room”

Mitsui Garden Hotel Shiodome Italia-gai
Ranked #32 of 111 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Hong Kong, China
“Great value and fully equipped room”
Reviewed 25 November 2011

Really nothing interesting in the nearby area but the room was surely spacious and equipped with all the things you need both business or leisure. After one long day, you can use the large "Ofuro" - bath on the top floor. Italian restaurant on the ground floor offers decent food at a reasonable price but I recommend to walk near daimon station and visit the small restaurant instead. Walking distant through shiodome to ginza which is good but slightly far. If you take a taxi, taxi driver will mistaken easily to the Mitsui garden premier in ginza, so you should tell him it's next to the JRA building. Walking distance from daimon which is great if you are coming by monorail. Nearby tsukiji fish market also.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the inside of italia-gai, otherwise can hear the trains
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 7 September 2011

I stayed in this hotel in early August. I went to Japan more than 10 times, and this is my worst and horrible hotel experience in Japan.
After 2 nights stay, I found my face and neck was bitten by the bugs seriously. Obviously, their bed is not clean and which resulted in my illness. I told the clerk what happened to me right away. The sickness made me very very uncomfortable and couldn't sleep whole night. The clerk gave me some medicine bit it didn't work. She only said she's sorry. I even had to find the doctor by myself. They broke my vacation.
I communicated with the hotel several times. What they did was keeping saying sorry, but they refused to admit it's their fault. They said " It never happen before. We don't know why it happen to you."
It's too ridicious. I'll never stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank athenechi
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 2 September 2011

The rooms are beautiful and modern, and the bathrooms impeccably new and spacious. It was a great room to come home to and made the hectic and travel of the day melt away with its aesthetic, fantastic designs. Loved it and wish every hotel I stayed at was like this one!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 16 March 2011

I usually stayed in Mitsui Garden Ginza, its sister hotel. But I got a very good deal including breakfast, so I decided to try. It turned out satisfying. Nothing grand about the breakfast buffet, but it was certainly more than enough. Room was spacious compare to Japan standard. Close to Tsukiji, the fish market and Ginza. Me and my sister enjoyed a camembert cheese pizza at the close by Italian restaurant. Highly recommended!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Jane_Nasution
Paris, France
Reviewed 1 August 2010

I was really pleased with this hotel. The rooms were excellent, the free public bath a wonderful bonus and the service was polite with staff who spoke good English. I was particlarly pleased with the hotel's location. A ten or fifteen minute walk into Ginza, there really is no need to take the subway or hire a taxi. The JR station is a 5 min walk away (with luggage), ideal if you are on a budget and have the JR rail pass. We used this all the time in Tokyo and found that we never needed the metro. The district around the Hamamatsucho Station is very well served with excellent retaurants and the fish market is within walking distance if you fancy checking it out before breakfast.
The hotel restaurant is expensive and so too is the breakfast. at around 20€. Still, we tried it once and thoroughly enjoyed the range of tastes. Afterwards we settled for nearby cafés in the morning. I would heartily recommend this hotel to any visitor to Tokyo.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minato
Hotel Villa Fontaine Tokyo-Shiodome
Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi
Mitsui Garden Hotel Ginza Premier
Sotetsu Fresa Inn Hamamatsucho Daimon
Hotel Mystays Premier Hamamatsucho

Been to Mitsui Garden Hotel Shiodome Italia-gai? Share your experiences!