“Amazing hotel probably will stay again”

Mitsui Garden Hotel Shiodome Italia-gai
Ranked #32 of 116 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Stayed here 7 days for business. This is a very nice hotel, it located between JR Hamamatsucho sta and Shiodome metro sta, by around 10 mins walk. Within 2 min walk there is a Familymart.

The lobby is well decorated. Staffs are nice and good in English. The room was very clean and well stocked. The bed was comfortable, but the pillow is as hard as the stone.

The most amazing part is the traditional large public bath on the top floor of the hotel, which all the tourist may want to experience it.

Room Tip: provide different type of pillow
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We didn't actually stay here, but wished we had been after the experience we had with the staff. Having got myself completely confused, I thought we were staying at this hotel, so through torrential rain we arrived dripping on their lovely marble floor, feeling somewhat grumpy and worse for wear (we missed the memo about taking an umbrella when visiting Tokyo). As we battled with bags and coats, one of the ladies from the desk came over with a big sympathetic smile and a towel for each of us. She cheerfully took our names and, upon establishing we'd got the wrong place, and me realising my mistake, grabbed a map and helped us find where we were supposed to be. This was great in itself and we already felt better about the whole thing, but as we were leaving, the lady ran over to us with two umbrellas. I was so grateful I could have cried and it went a very very long way to cementing our positive view of the Japanese people, and I just wish we could have done something more to say thank you!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JPN2NZ
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

Easy access hotel, good value for money, very clean rooms; it was a great stay.
I would highly recommend this hotel. Communicating with staff was difficult, as level of foreign languages spoken is low - but it didn't stop the staff from being overly helpful and kind.
Rooms were nice and clean. Bathroom ceiling was strangely lower than the rest of the room - only a few cms above my partner's head. The rooms felt hot, and the elevator was strangely 5 degrees hotter - quite uncomfortable when trying to shield yourself from a 30+ degree day.
But overall, really liked the hotel, would definitely return!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

When I checked into the hotel front office staff was very welcoming.

I went into the room to realise that this hotel starts and ends at the entrance. Rooms are very small with many amenities being stuffed into this room.
The back side rooms have no view with window opening into big building.

Breakfast is a big put off and I advise you buy your own breakfast and have it in the room. I later saw many people doing the same.
There is a convenient store in the next building (Lawson)- you an buy cut fruits, juice, coffee and breakfast is done.

I must admit that hotel staff is helpful and they refunded me my breakfast money because I decided not to eat due to limited options for me.

Overall if you need to stay for a day or two- it is not a bad deal.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Mitsui Garden Hotel is conveniently located between 2 main JR stations, Shimbashi and Hamamatsucho, Metro lines Oedo, Asakusa, Mita lines and also the Tokyo Monorail (to Haneda Airport). It is easy access to anywhere you need to go in Tokyo as well as to Haneda Airport. It is a quiet business area with many restaurants and bars but without the rowdiness of Shinjuku. Since its mainly a business area, weekends are very quiet and nice. Zozoji temple with Tokyo tower as its backdrop is just a short walk away as well!

The hotel is modern, clean, well maintained. Our double room was very spacious for a Japanese hotel, the room was fully equipped with the basics. as well as Wifi.
A perk was the Japanese style bath upstairs- small but it did the job.

I have a soft spot for Hamamatsucho, so it was great to find yet another great hotel in this area. It is now my new favorite. Having stayed at MyStays and Chisun in Hamamatsucho, Mitsui Garden is certainly the winner among the three. The main reason would probably be that it feels more like a real hotel and less like a business hotel (as is the case for MyStays and Chisun).

My only complaint would be the room didnt't have very bright lights, so at night, it can feel pretty dark.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Although the room was a bit small, but its very clean, their staffs don't speak very good English, but still very friendly.

There's plenty of restaurants within 10-15 mins walk, all very good. Also there are 2 underground and a familymart within 10mins walk.

It offers a large public bath on the top floor of this hotel, which you may want to experience. ;-)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank annndymaaaden
Reviewed 5 June 2013

We have been in this hotel for 3 days, before we have stayed close to Ginza area.

Anyhow, we strongly recommend this hotel. It has everything needed for a good time in Tokyo.

Nice big rooms for a good price, close to points of interest as well to tube station. Quiet, comfortable, wifi..

If you are young couple staying in Tokyo for several days, right place to stay. The staff is great as well, good English.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minato
Hotel Villa Fontaine Tokyo-Shiodome
Shiba Park Hotel
#15 of 116 in Minato
Hotel Mystays Premier Hamamatsucho
Hotel MyStays Hamamatsucho

Been to Mitsui Garden Hotel Shiodome Italia-gai? Share your experiences!