“Perfect spacious retreat”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
master bedroom for 1 person
Master bedroom for a couple
Entire house
3 minutes walk to Central Library. There is a large exterior koi fish pond and a planetarium.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Ratu L
“Perfect spacious retreat”
Reviewed 7 March 2017 for a stay in February 2017

This place is just like it says. It is very spacious for Tokyo and perfect for larger families. It has a full kitchen, large bathroom and laundry facilities. It's a short walk to trains and so easy to get around. We had 3 adults and 7 children and there was plenty of space.

Date of stay: February 2017
8 Mar 2017
Thank you for staying at my house. I enjoyed chatting with you and hosting your family. Please come back again!
Misa T
“Relaxing house in a safe neighborhood!”
Reviewed 31 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017

I loved my stay at this place! It was very close to the near by station and the neighborhood was very safe and quiet. Communication with hosts was very smooth and they care for us a lot. It is a very welcoming home and I could really tell that the owners take care of the house very well. All the rooms were very spacious, the kitchen was stunning and easy to use, the living room was very cozy and big, the shower room was very clean and tidy....and the list goes on. I definitely was very much satisfied with my stay. 100% recommend to anybody looking for a great time in Tokyo!

Date of stay: January 2017
31 Jan 2017
Thank you so much for staying at my place. Please come back again!
TitaRack
Manila, Philippines
“Nice house in quiet neighborhood”
Reviewed 7 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

The house in Setagaya was clean, cozy, well-equipped and well-stocked. The bedrooms are a good size and comfortable. The big living/dining room was great for the family to gather and relax after a long day out and about. The kitchen has utensils and equipment that allowed us to cook dinner for 8-15 people easily. The bathroom is adequate and having the separate second toilet was handy for a big group like ours. Having only one shower/ bathroom required scheduling but worked out ok.
The house is located in a quiet neighborhood with a driving range nearby and grocery stores a short walk away. The closest metro is a bit farther but within an easy walk and is just a few stops from Shibuya.
Chieko was a gracious host attentive to our needs. The use of the bicycles were a big hit with my family. They were very good for exploring the neighborhood and bringing home groceries. Thank you, Chieko.

Date of stay: December 2016
8 Jan 2017
Thank you for staying at my house, and I truly enjoyed hosting you. I am glad that your families were all able to gather at my house with your mother. Your family is very welcome anytime!
Compass58...
“Perfect Tokyo Stay!”
Reviewed 19 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Our party of eight, two families of four from California, just finished a 5-night stay in Chieko's house in Setagaya. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The house is just as impressive as the pictures indicate, what you see is what you get...and more. A 5-bedroom is a rare find anywhere in Tokyo and the size of the rooms, from the bedrooms to the common areas, made for a very comfortable stay. We were able to rest in fine fashion each night and recharge our batteries for more running around the many sights of Tokyo. With restaurants around the train stations (Sakurashinmachi on the Den-En Toshi Line and Kamimachi Station on the Setagaya Line), there were plenty of opportunities to eat (David's Ramen and Osoba Restaurant, very nice) or bring back food nearby supermarkets, the house is located nicely and equipped with plenty of dishware, etc. The entire house was very clean upon check-in, the furnishings in great condition and only top quality materials and appliances were used. Staying in the neighborhood allowed us to be around local Japanese as they went about their daily tasks, a rare glimpse that you can't get staying in hotels located in commercial areas. It's a great, quiet neighborhood, easy to get around on foot or bike (5 adult bikes and one kids bike available at the house). But the house and neighborhood are only part of the good story about the stay...from weeks before our visit and throughout our stay, Chieko was easily accessible and checked in on us by instant messaging (Line) to make sure we enjoyed our stay in the house and enjoyed Tokyo. She continued to offer help and assistance throughout our entire Japan stay. On our last day, at our request, she arranged for two taxis to pick us up to take us to Shibuya Station to catch the Narita Express train (NEX) to the airport. She spoke to the drivers via telephone to make sure we got dropped off in the right place (New South Gate is close to the NEX platform no.4). I would wholeheartedly recommend this home for a Tokyo stay and would not hesitate to return for a stay. Thanks, Chieko and Yulin!

Date of stay: November 2016
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Clean, spacious rooms. Fully furnished and equiped
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
19 Nov 2016
I truly enjoyed hosting you and your family. Please come back at anytime!
Jwmccarth...
Roanoke, Virginia
“Setagaya House”
Reviewed 24 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

We recently stayed at this lovely property in Setagaya. Chieko the proprietor was amazingly helpful from start to finish answering our many questions and concerns before and during our trip. She definitely made our stay much less stressful. The house was spacious and comfortable with modern amenities and the location was perfect for traveling to the various areas around Tokyo. We would certainly stay there again if we ever go back to Japan. Thanks again Chieko.

Date of stay: October 2016
31 Oct 2016
Thank you for being such a perfect, wonderful guest! I truly enjoyed communicating with you before, during and after the stay. I welcome you back anytime. Thank you for a great memory hosting guests, and I adore the husky you left as a gift. Thank you!
JamesRobi...
“Just amazing”
Reviewed 6 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

The rental house was amazing form the quality of the house to the quality of the host. The house was very luxury and spacious. Located in a very nice and quiet neighborhood. The owner was extremely nice and was guiding us through all the steps along the way. I recommend this to any and everybody you won't be disappointed. I hope you make the right choice and pick this house.

Date of stay: July 2016
Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
EndelLeun...
Shanghai Region, China
“I stayed a perfect place and got a new friend”
Reviewed 29 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Hello! This is Endel from Shanghai, I'm a producer. we are a film production team of China. Chieko & Yulin's house is awesome!

We stayed in Tokyo from 5/13 to 5/26, Chieko & Yulin provided a wonderful place for us to rest. They are extremely kind and thoughtful!

This area is safe and quiet, 10mins walk to the station and you can easily go to 7-11 by foot or by bike.(yes they provides 4 bikes for free) the house is highly automatic, everything is convenient.

We are 9 people team including director, Dop(director of photography ), two leading actors , producers. Although we have little time in house because of the shooting schedule. We have a high quality rest in this house.

The hosts Chieko and Yulin are very nice and easy to communicate , Yulin speaks Chinese so there are no language barrier between us. They actively considering everything for us. We forgot a suit in the house when we checked out. But Chieko take care of this thing and mailed the suit to my friend in Tokyo. I appreciated it very much.

Chieko is such a nice person that we are still keep in touch with each other when I back to Shanghai. I think we become friends. hope to seeing her and Yulin the next time!

I highly recommend Chieko & Yulin 's house for you. You can not only enjoy your outside trip in beautiful Tokyo, but also enjoy your inside stay in this awesome house!

Date of stay: May 2016
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
29 Jun 2016
What a great time and experience I had hosting you and your group! You left us a very pleasant memory hosting guests, and you went beyond what I wanted from guests. Thank you for staying at the house and will welcome you back anytime. See you soon!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
$USD
United Kingdom
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.