“Small restaurant but some really good sashimi and warm food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
tokyo
“Small restaurant but some really good sashimi and warm food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

Thiey serve pretty good Kaiseki (omakase) menus and this does not mean that you can tell the, what you don't like or what you are allergic to. If you are going, book counter seats! They plate most of the dishes in front of you and you can also ask the chefs if you have any questions. (but note they probably dont speak English...)

When you order tasting menu either for 10,000jpy or 13,000jpy, I would usually go for the latter as you usually get better sashimi and for other things. In western restaurants, more expensive courses usually add a dish or two but at this restaurant, usually mean more extravagant and perhaps rare food stuff. For example, fatty tuna instead of tuna, better white fish of the day instead of squid, or adding Uni to a dish. So, highly recommend to pick within your budget but further if possible!

Dashi and umami are a bit heavy on its side, but not too salty and well-balanced. My NY friend told me Jpy13,000 course here would probably cost USD200+ in the States, so you can probably tell that you get pretty good value in the course menu. They also have a la carte menus but i recommend to go for a course menu as they think about phases/progresses such as the temp/texture/taste balance and you would probably get the maximum experience out of that!

My advice would be to ask about the menu in advance if you are not sure. For us, at the time of ordering, we commented that we did not like River-fish (as supposed to sea fish) and when Yakimono(grilled dish) came, they grilled the fish that we did not like and even that was the same fish in the cheaper menu. We are very disappointed, so courteously pushed back and we were happily served with grilled Wagyu which was so delicious and we enjoyed the most that night!

By the way, the service is not that great as we have got a trainee girl and my mom who came with me weren't thrilled but as this restaurant is small, for me, it was something I was happy to be patient. so, i dont recommend going there for business but highly recommend to get personal gastronomical experience!

• Visited March 2014