“Great location, good staff, clean and quiet rooms.”

Sakura Hotel Hatagaya
Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels / Ryokan in Shibuya
“Great location, good staff, clean and quiet rooms.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2013 via mobile

Stayed in Tokyo (ginza) same time last year. This year decided to try Some place closer to Shinjuku. Have only been here a day, but already am very happy with the hotel and the location. The hotel is cheap, clean, has friendly staff and is close to all amenities (especially restaurants). It's close to Shinjuku, shibuyu and Harajuku.

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank Stephen T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bandung, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

Sakura Hotel Hatagaya was the third hotel in our eleven day trip in Japan. Even the Sakura Hotel room was the smallest and the coldest room (what happened to the windows and door sealer?) compare to other two hotel, but my 7 yrs son loved The Sakura Hotel Hatagaya, more than the other two.

My son was very impressed of the call bell in your reception desk (the one like a bird pecking) and the picture of our family hanging in the hotel wall.
We were very please to stay at this hotel because our the warm and friendly staff that welcome us and also very helpful - and with fluent English too..
Other than that, Sakura Hotel Hatagaya location is close to everywhere (station, convenient store, coin laundry, various restaurant), just by 5 min walking...
Overall, we can say that we would come back and stay in Sakura Hotel Hatagaya again, next time we visit Tokyo.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank beedevi
Daylesford, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2012

This hotel was recommended to me by a friend that had stayed there several times before so I thought I'd give it a go. I spent about 10 days at this great little hotel when I visited Japan and even though I went off to visit other places, I came back to stay there when I was in Tokyo. The rooms are small but they are clean and met my basic needs as I was out and about most of the time. It is located very close to public transport and lots of great little shops, bars and restaurants. The staff at the hotel are fabulous and really made my stay so much better. They were friendly and knowledgeable and went out of their way to help, especially Naoto, as he helped me sort out some travel arrangements. Thanks too to Sariko and Ai, lots of good advice on where to go and what to see and where to eat etc. All the staff seemed well traveled and understood the needs of visitors. I would stay there again. You guys are great. Cheers.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Tibor H
Halifax, nova scotia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2012

Sakura Hotel is nothing fancy, but it is a great hotel for the budget traveler! I've seen some reviews where people complain about the entra train transfer but honestly, it's only a 15-20 minute walk to Shinjuku and you basically walk in a straight line! I did it almost everyday! You're there to sightsee! Which brings me to my next point: yes, the rooms are small! Why does this matter? Get out! Go do something! You should only be sleeping here! If you're coming to Tokyo solely to sit in your pretty hotel room, suck it up and spend a few hundred for a fancy room.

I found the rooms to be very cozy and clean. The bed was comfortable and the area is insanely quiet. You will definitely sleep well! However, the walls do seem to be quite thin as I could hear the people in the next room talking and I could also hear when they coughed, but no one was trying to be loud by any means and I never heard anything during the night (just a bit in the mornings). The shower pressure was great and the water always nice and hot. Maybe I was lucky since I did not experience any weird smell that other reviewers have mentioned.

The cafe in the lobby is nice. I didn't eat their often but what I did have was decent. Usually I just sat there to use the free wifi, which works fine.

The staff are very friendly and speak very good English. When I needed change for the trains they had no problem exchanging my bills for me. When I wasn't sure how to get where I was going, they gave me booklets, maps, and written directions complete with what the fare would cost to get there.

Overall I would 100% stay here again! This will actually be my first choice for my next trip considering the excellent price and awesome experience I had. Honestly, it just felt more homey than the 'nicer' hotels I stayed in during my trip.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Tay14
Dapto, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

If you're looking for a well priced place to crash in Tokyo, then this is the place for you! The rooms are tiny, but if you need more than just a bed and bathroom, go to a fancy hotel. This place is great for the budget traveller, who is spending more time out and about than at the hotel. The rooms were clean, the staff friendly, breakfast simple but cheap, and all you can eat. Definitely a good location to base yourself in to see Tokyo on a budget!

Room Tip: If room size is important, request a corner room. I've heard they're bigger
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Gem537
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012

The location was good, the staff was very helpful and friendly (and spoke English well), the rooms were tiny but very clean. I wish that we had spent our whole stay here, and not only the first 6 nights. This is the only hotel/hostel out of the three that we stayed in that I would return to.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

First place i stayed at in Japan. The service was good, staff were friendly. Free breakfasts are always good. The bed was super comfy and the first morning i woke up there i looked out the window and saw my first cherry blossom tree. I have reason to believe this is a 'love hotel' but none the less. It was clean and made a good impression on me. I would go back.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends