“Perfect for a short stay”

Sakura Hotel Hatagaya
Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels / Ryokan in Shibuya
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

We booked a room at this hotel for only a 24 hr stay, the room was ready when we got there. It's def not a luxury hotel, but we booked on a budget so it's more then we expected. Rooms were tiny. Very tiny. But clean. Hotel location is great. Not too hard to find by subway. (Hatagaya station is very close) the staff was very friendly and accommodating. A man who worked the front desk who went by the name (Honda) was great. Very friendly and and spoke perfect English with an Australian accent, which we loved! He was also very knowledgable and gave us good directions and tips for our sight seeing.
Overall a great stay!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 November 2013

The moment I stepped in for my check-in, the guy at the counter was very helpful and friendly. The atmosphere felt very relaxed and was reminiscent of my college days at the dorm---people minding their own business as they ate the hotel's food and read books at the tables by the front lobby.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Have stayed here several times. Location suits me very well. 2 stop, 120 yen from Shinjuku and Yamanote Line, where Japan Rail Pass is valid. 6 min walk at Shinjuku for transfer. Always good ambience at hotel, professional staff and guests from all over the world. Also locals visit the Internett-cafè in the lobby. 200 steps from Hatagaya Station entrance. Post office with international ATM next to the hotel. 24-hour Gourmet City (very good food-store) 3 min away from hotel. FamilyMart foodstore and vending mashines 1 min from hotel. Why not 5 stars rating of rooms? The size. Two persons is a challenge. It is possible to put away a suitcase under the bed, this is helpful.

Room Tip: There is no smoking inside the hotel, so if you are a smoker you might want a room close to the hote...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank WildChef
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I personally enjoyed my stay here think the staff are some of the best and friendliest people I have met in my travels. I have come here twice and if I travel back to Tokyo will stay again. The staff is probably the best part of the hotel. The one guy I think his name was "Nao" was very friendly and helped me a lot with any questions I asked him.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Treppil M
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I adored this hotel and would certainly use it again.

The location was quite good, with many restaurants and eateries nearby. It also had a lovely bookshop for me to pick up some Japanese books, along with a street lined with cherry blossom trees. The station is a three-minute walk away, which will take you straight to Shinjuku Station (this is the main station and on the Yamanote line, from here you can go anywhere). So I found I was able to easily go to most tourist destinations.

The staff were lovely! They were multi-lingual, with at least seven or eight languages being spoken in total by the various staff members, and they would willingly help out with any problem or question. They also would make conversation in a friendly manner, and one time - when the maids were cleaning my room, and I had an arm full of perishables - let me use their fridge. There is nothing they won't do to help you!

There are computers for rent and free wi-fi. You can use your own computer for free.

The cafe is spotlessly clean, with a huge amount of food to choose from. There is food from all over the country and the world, with the ability to suggest your own recipes for them to use. It is cheap and even the locals use the cafe often, so you are able to make many new friends and practise your Japanese skills with the locals. It is bright, airy, and colourful.

The cleanliness is perfect. The maids clean every day without fail and spend vast amounts of time on every room, meaning not one speck of dust is left standing. They are also very friendly, all of which - despite not having good English - will smile and try to greet you.

It's very secure. There are cameras on every floor, which are monitored by the staff in the reception, and keys are handed into reception before leaving (so no risk of losing keys or people making copies). Only registered guests are allowed into rooms, too.

I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

ありがとうござます、サクラホテル!あなたのホテルはとてもじょうずです!

Room Tip: Higher floors seem to offer better security.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Robin S
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Staying at SHH has been good value for money. Clean rooms, decent location and usually quiet. The staff is very helpful and patient. Naoto in particular was kind enought to assist me with some IT issues. Could not ask for more! Thanks guys!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for five nights. When we were choosing a place to stay for our trip, we didn't want a pricy hotel and we didn't want a hostel either. The Sakura Hotel Hatagaya was the PERFECT fit. While the rooms might be considered small, this encourages guests to get out of bed and explore the city.

It really is more than just a place to sleep, as they foster a sense of community amongst all the guests, and all the staff members are BEYOND helpful and friendly. While the hotel is not central, it is literally a couple steps away from the Hatagaya station, which is only two quick stops away from Shinjuku--allowing us to travel anywhere in the city.

Yes, the rooms are cozy, but for the price, they are absolutely perfect. I could not recommend this hotel more. Though we stayed less than a week, the Sakura Hotel Hatagaya felt like home after a couple of days. Each room has a great AC system and a small fridge to put your leftovers/waters inside.

For example, we wanted to check out the nightlife scene in Tokyo. We approached the concierge asking for advice on where to go, when to go, and what to wear. From his past experience in the city, and great English, we got all the answers we were looking for. The concierge provide us with a map, directions for transit, and the appropriate dress code for the club (AgeHa--highly recommend).

The 24 hour internet cafe has a fridge full of beer and assorted drinks. There is also a post office, and 24 hour "7/11" across the street (Family Mart). While we did not eat breakfast at the hotel, there are many food options in walking distance--no complaints.

WE LOVED IT HERE! Can't wait to come back :)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple