“Quiet location, helpful staff” 4 of 5 bubbles

Shibuya Creston Hotel
Shibuya Creston Hotel
Ranked #18 of 27 Hotels / Ryokan in Shibuya
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Quiet location, helpful staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

Good value hotel north of the Shibuya centre. Very polite staff - though I encountered nothing but politeness in Tokyo. Worth taking a taxi from Shibuya station (710 Yen) if you have heavy cases as it's up a hill. Tea and coffee maker in the room.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Krishan A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
tokyo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

I wasn't expecting much from the hotel... the facade and lobby are both dreary, but the room was more spacious and comfortable than usual for this price. The staff was very attentive and friendly. I've tried other hotels in the area with similar rates, but this one was far superior. It's a fair walk from the station, but you end up in a very cool part of town.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank TokyoP123
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

its typical of most japanese business hotels like the "tokyu stay" chain. simple room. small bathroom. nothing luxury. but everything is comfortable and this one is very close to shibuya, so for the price i would say its a deal. i will stay there again on my next trip to tokyo.

the bed was a little hard. but thats not such a big deal for me because i am 6.4"

oh and i dont recommend the breakfast. unless you're into that stuff. its the typical japanese breakfast with like dried fish etc. not my style, and was kinda awkward because i was the only one there and the lady who made it stared at me wanting me to finish her creation. but she was a sweet old japanese lady.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank grazmulcahy
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed in Tokyo recently for a week, and decided we would stay in a few different areas and explore them all. This was the 2nd hotel we stayed at out of 3 total, and out of all of them this was the best one. The service was wonderful, the people were friendly and spoke great english. The room was nice and spacious, the bed was so comfortable (the beds at the other places were hard as rocks, as were the pillows).and it was a perfect location. I would stay here again and recommend it highly.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kanmi
Barcelona, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2012

This hotel was adequate, but we found it a bit expensive for how run down it felt in the rooms. The room given to us smelled so heavily of cigarette smoke that I immediately phoned reception to ask them to move us. They were quite hesitant to comply innitially, but I was feeling poorly and to my shame lost my temper a bit, so the poor concierge was bullied into moving us immediately. They moved us two rooms down, and it did not have even of whiff of cigarette smoke to it. I am perturbed by this, as when I made our booking, I did specify a non-smoking room, and when we checked in, I also reminded them that I did not want a smoking room. And then they give us a smoking room.

Apart from this incident, the service was very good, and we were happy with our room. The Shibuya Creston is quite run down, which one would not expect from the star rating or the price, but if you know what you are getting, it is not horrible or off putting.

The hotel is a bit difficult to find, but surrounded by lovely restaurants and shops and a pleasure to get to and from the station.

I would not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank marlette
Johnson City, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012 via mobile

We were there taping for NHK and performing at the Parco Theater. This hotel is clean, the staff are helpful, but the location is key. NHK is just up the hill, center gai is just down the hill, and the Korean BBQ across the street is awesome! The area is very quite, but you are just steps away from all the action. There is also a 24 hr convenient store on the next street over. I would stay there again.

1 Thank jpmathes
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

When i showed up at 9am morning, my room was ready but the hotel manager would not let me in before 3 pm (official check in time) without paying an additional night. I had to change in the restroom at the lobby before going to my meetings. Great !

This is absolutely not something which is usual in Japan - where hoteliers are always very friendly and understanding, especially in the post-tsunami climate.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone who is willing to experience a true Japanese customer service.

Room Tip: avoid this hotel