“BEST RESTAURANT IN SHIBUYA!!! <3”
Review of Kaikaya

Kaikaya
Ranked #4 of 7,535 Restaurants in Shibuya
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Shibuya / Harajuku / Ebisu
New York City, New York
“BEST RESTAURANT IN SHIBUYA!!! <3”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This place was so good! I went there twice within 3 days! It's not to be missed. I would order one of the multi courses. It's just amazing!

I would recommend calling ahead of time for seating since this place is not so big. Please note, smoking is allowed so if you have allergies, it may not be the best place for you. Or, you can be like me and suffer through all the goodness. It was most definitely worth it and I would do it again! <3

• Visited April 2014

• Thai first
Penang
“Modern Japanese Cuisine”
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

My Japanese friend Hiro recommended me to this restaurant in Shibuya, me and my wife booked through our hotel customer service counter. The waiter recommended us to take their set dinner menu which my wife was quite skeptical about it, but finally one by one the dishes that they served surprises us, it has a blend of traditional Japanese with many other spices which make the food there so different and excellent, the waiters Masa and Rio who are actually the chef himself serving us cheerfully, will definitely going back again if I'm in Tokyo!

• Visited June 2014
Sao Paulo, SP
“Great surprise! ”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Relaxed and pleasant environment, great variety of food at reasonable prices. If you like fish and seafood and want a break from traditional Japanese cousine, this is a great choice. The place is recommended by most of the Tokyio tourist guides, so make a reservation and be prepared to bump into a lot of westerns!

1 Thank Planetorexplor
Seoul, South Korea
“A feast for the eyes and stomachs”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We were taken there by a friend and will never forget it.
We ordered a menu including: gambas in sweet sauce, chicken salad, tuna ribs, sashimi, fish soap. Everything was pitch perfect and the waiters were thrilled with our compliments. We accompanied everything with umeshu soda and then with cold sake. We wrapped up the evening with a delicious green tea cheesecake, which was also part of the menu we had ordered. We don't have a sweet tooth but it rocked our world!
Reservation is required in the evening because the place is rather small (and extremely noisy, by the way). There's a non-smokers room two doors down but it's normally emptier than the smokers room, which gives direct view over the kitchen.
For the amount of food we chowed down, the price was quite reasonable.

• Visited May 2014
Hong Kong
“'By the Sea' in the middle of Tokyo - Great place!”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I was reccomended by a friend for 'Izakaya' dining which is family & friends style sharing of the food. The food here was amazing. We had a big sushi lunch so didnt opt for their sushi/sashimi platter, however everything we tried was fabulous. The fresh king prawns stir fried and topped in a creamy mayo-aioli type sauce, the Tuna short ribs (house special) we had 2 of! The tuna meat just fell off the bone. We also had the char grilled fish and ponzu butter sizzling sirloin (see pic), it was all great! Highly reccomend this if you are staying anywhere around Roppongi / Ginza / Harajuka / Shibuya. Atmosphere was fun, service a little too serious at times but didnt ruin it for us...watch out for the fresh horse radish garnish though...

• Visited May 2014